Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1,451 of 1,842 1 2 1449 1450 1451 1452 1453 1841 1842
T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
I am starting to get excited, as GG said so well. Getting ready for the holiday, Pennsylvania opening day next Monday. Super excited 11 year old will be with us on a mentored license. Will be 3 generations in Penns Woods this coming Monday. The Ruger .257 Roberts is ready, I am ready, let's do this.

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Topgunbill
I am starting to get excited, as GG said so well. Getting ready for the holiday, Pennsylvania opening day next Monday. Super excited 11 year old will be with us on a mentored license. Will be 3 generations in Penns Woods this coming Monday. The Ruger .257 Roberts is ready, I am ready, let's do this.

I hope you have as much luck as we did with your first-timer.

smile

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Gopher, did your buddy like the huge care package you brought him?

I can tell you're fired up, I bet Eric is as well. I can't wait to hear the stories and see the pictures when you get back!!! Yes, you're going to have to tKe pictures. grin

Camp is where you make it.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
+ 1

Good luck !!

Paul.

"Kids who grow up hunting, fishing & trapping, do not mug little old Ladies"
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Good luck to you as well Bill! You have the same rules...take pictures and tell us stories when you get back. I like the rifle caliber choice btw!

Camp is where you make it.
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by tzone
Gopher, did your buddy like the huge care package you brought him?

I can tell you're fired up, I bet Eric is as well. I can't wait to hear the stories and see the pictures when you get back!!! Yes, you're going to have to tKe pictures. grin
Most of the stuff went down a few weeks ago. A co-worker of his came through, and stopped at our place and picked it all up. Surprisingly, all the clothes fit. Bill's a big man, and I was concerned about the hunting coat and the boots, but it all worked. He's all ready put a couple limits of squirrels in the pot with the .22, harassed the sparrows with the pellet gun, and even got in some late season fishing and put a couple meals of fish in the freezer with the fishing gear I sent down. I've got another batch of stuff going down with us tomorrow including a Mossberg 500 I picked up for him. It's an older one and marketed under the Coast To Coast Hardware brand. Pretty nice old Mossy-vent rib, 3" mag with a tubed barrel that's ported. It should suit him just fine.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
GG,

Good things come to good people !

You & your supporters did real good.

Have a great time.

Paul.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
mule1, that's a good 'un! Well done!

GG - that was a heck of a thing you did for your buddy! Good karma is coming your way whether you like it or not! Double well done!

Good luck to the Penn Staters!

Well, it's the last push of firearm season for those of us in the mitten state. Our area got 43" of snow from the day before the opener and going 5 days. Biologists say it put off the rut some and bucks should still be chasing does. I still have a doe permit to fill so doesn't matter if it's Donner or Blitzen or their girlfriend, a .300 WM 165 gr. Hornady Super Performance GMX going to make their acquaintance. Going up solo at 3 way too dark thirty Friday. Hope to have meat swingin' by the time Michigan beats the Buckeyes! laugh

"A Republic, if you can keep it." ~ B. Franklin
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
CFT;

Good luck with the hunt. That's a bit of snow you've got !!!!

Paul.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Thanks N2 99s!

Okay, I wasn't going to, but I think it must be done. Soooo...

[video:youtube]v=kb9yhhflmvY[/video]

"A Republic, if you can keep it." ~ B. Franklin
IC B3

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
On the occasion of this Thanksgiving day of 2014 I would like to convey the wish to everyone a Happy Thanksgiving day.
To those of you who will be hunting today and in the next few days please be safe and successful.
All who will be traveling I wish a safe and speedy trip.
I'm looking forward to stories and the obligatory pictures.
The amazing Mz. Linda and I will spend Thanksgiving day with her daughter and our son in law who are visiting from Chicago. All of the other kids and grandkids will be here Saturday which is our custom on Thanksgiving. What they don't eat ,turn over or tear up they will take home as usual. It's always a blast.
We will eat too much and watch too many games on TV.BUT.....we will be together as a family and that makes everything right.
God bless and keep you all.

Stan in SC

The more I listen,the more I hear....and vice versa.

45/70,it's almost a religion.

If you have to take a second shot then you probably shouldn't have taken the first shot.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Yes happy thanksgiving everyone. Enjoy this time with family and friends. We are traveling a grand total of about 5 miles for our two Thanksgiving dinners. I might try and get the kids out sometime this weekend to chase a rooster.

What you do today is important, you are trading a day in the rest of your life for it.
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Happy thanksgiving everybody. Pam pulled off an epic thanksgiving meal, absolutely perfect. My parents came up for the day, it was a real good time. Relaxing, good food, great company, all the kids were here. Just a great day.

Muzzle loader season opens this weekend, but I may sit it out and work at home.

Something clever here.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Berettaman
Yes happy thanksgiving everyone. Enjoy this time with family and friends. We are traveling a grand total of about 5 miles for our two Thanksgiving dinners. I might try and get the kids out sometime this weekend to chase a rooster.

That sounds like a great time B-man. It's nice to have family, friends around, two dinners...

wait. what??

grin

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by northern_dave
Happy thanksgiving everybody. Pam pulled off an epic thanksgiving meal, absolutely perfect. My parents came up for the day, it was a real good time. Relaxing, good food, great company, all the kids were here. Just a great day.

Muzzle loader season opens this weekend, but I may sit it out and work at home.

OR I could host you for ML season. I know I didn't have much luck during the regular firearms season but with the deer I have on camera, they're bound to be back...

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Stan_in_SC
On the occasion of this Thanksgiving day of 2014 I would like to convey the wish to everyone a Happy Thanksgiving day.
To those of you who will be hunting today and in the next few days please be safe and successful.
All who will be traveling I wish a safe and speedy trip.
I'm looking forward to stories and the obligatory pictures.
The amazing Mz. Linda and I will spend Thanksgiving day with her daughter and our son in law who are visiting from Chicago. All of the other kids and grandkids will be here Saturday which is our custom on Thanksgiving. What they don't eat ,turn over or tear up they will take home as usual. It's always a blast.
We will eat too much and watch too many games on TV.BUT.....we will be together as a family and that makes everything right.
God bless and keep you all.

Stan in SC

That sounds like a perfect day Stan. Special K and I had our folks out for dinner. Then later the kids came and we snacked on left overs and watched football. It was a real good day.

I hope all of you had a great day filled with lasting memories!

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
After further reflection, we will for sure be chasing a Rooster. Probably Roosters 1 through 8 or more in fact. Better get your running shoes on buddy!

Get this, 1 week before my eagerly anticipated ND pheasant hunt, my dog goes into heat. We will have at least 3 males along, so I am gonna have to leave her home! It is gonna kill me but I don't see I have a choice. Any ideas guys?

What you do today is important, you are trading a day in the rest of your life for it.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Ready or not, here we come Rooster1 throuugh ?!

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
After further reflection, we will for sure be chasing a Rooster. Probably Roosters 1 through 8 or more in fact. Better get your running shoes on buddy!

Get this, 1 week before my eagerly anticipated ND pheasant hunt, my dog goes into heat. We will have at least 3 males along, so I am gonna have to leave her home! It is gonna kill me but I don't see I have a choice. Any ideas guys?

How long does heat last? My female only went into heat once. Then my cousins mixed breed, deer chasing mut showed up from 3 miles away and raped her. We were out for supper and the kids called freaking out saying that they were stuck together and they were dumping hot water on them trying to get them apart. I was not too pleased. She got fixed 2 days later.

I had to bring her to the rape & abuse crisis center every Tuesday and Thursday from 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm for 6 months for counseling. Not really but that is what I tell people. smile

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Ready or not, here we come Rooster1 throuugh ?!

Six??? eek

Page 1,451 of 1,842 1 2 1449 1450 1451 1452 1453 1841 1842

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

267 members (1minute, 204guy, 24HourCampFireGuy50, 16penny, 257_X_50, 1beaver_shooter, 35 invisible), 2,333 guests, and 1,350 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,112
Posts18,483,438
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.