-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
An Okie from Muskogee walked into a bank in New York City and asked to speak with a loan officer.

"Yes sir, how can I be of service?" asked the loan officer.
"I'm travelling to Europe and I would like to borrow $5,000, but I don't have an account here," replied the Okie.
"Well sir," replied the loan officer, "we would need some sort of collateral for the loan, and we'll have to charge 12% interest."
"Fair enough," replied the Okie. I'll leave my Ferrari as collateral. It's parked right outside in the parking lot."

He tossed the loan officer the keys and produced the title to the car. Everything checked out, so the bank loaned him the $5,000 and an employee of the bank drove his Ferrari into their private parking garage, for security.

The President of the bank and the loan officer had a good laugh that this Okie would leave a $250,000 automobile for collateral on a $5,000 loan.
Two weeks later the Okie from Muskogee returned to the bank and paid off his loan plus the $23.07 interest.

The loan officer said, "sir we were very happy to have your business. It worked out nicely for all concerned. However, we are a bit puzzled.

"While you were away we checked out your financial background with Dun & Bradstreet and found you are a distinguished graduate from Oklahoma State University with large multi-million dollar holdings in the gas and oil business, and finances and investments around the world.

"We just can't figure out why you would borrow $5,000."

The Okie chuckled and replied, "Where else could I have parked my car in New York City for two weeks in a private, secure garage and pay only $23.07?"

[Linked Image]

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I love it.

[Linked Image]

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
outstanding!!!!!!!

the consolidation of the states into one vast republic, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of that ruin which has overwhelmed all those that have preceded. Robert E Lee
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

72 members (308ld, 35, 14idaho, 3dtestify, 6mmCreedmoor, 7 invisible), 1,883 guests, and 825 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,387
Posts18,469,730
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.