Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#9373667 11/28/14
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I live in smalltown USA, 1 caution light, 1 store, with a population of about 250.

Now, we dont have that many streets in town, and the street I live on, has 6 houses, and FedEx cant find my house.

Today, for the umpteenth time, a package was delivered to the wrong house and I cant find it. Went to all the houses on the street and none of my neighbors has it.

UPS has no trouble finding my house, the police have no trouble finding my house, and the fire dept finds me with no trouble.

My Tom-Tom leads me directly to my driveway, every time!

So, whats wrong with FedEx?

I probably wouldnt be so upset about the package, but its the safety harness I bought (remember I'm just smart enough to fall out of a deer stand) and I really want to get back in the stands, and off the ground.

Oh well - rant over!

Old Turd- Deplorable- Unrepentant Murderer- Domestic Violent Extremist

Just "Campfire Riffraff and Trash"

This will be my last post! Flave 1/3/21

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Have you tried telling this to FedEx? I'm sure you have but just wanted to make certain.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
fedex is plain stupid and disorganized. i have seen 2 different trucks at my house delivering a single package each at the same time.i 've also seen 4 different fedex trucks deliver to my house in one day.just think how much cheaper they could be.

Last edited by srwshooter; 11/28/14.
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
I have the same problem with Fedex. Have called them several times. Last time the driver stopped by to apologize, whatever. We'll see what happens next.

I have no problem if they can't find my house, I have a problem with them always dropping it off at the wrong house.

They always as 'Is your street number on your house'

To which I always reply 'Regardless if it is or isn't, the house you dropped it off at DOESN'T have that number on it'

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Seems Their Clueless Here As Well. I Had a Scope Shipped From Wyoming.And It Took Them 11 Day.They Left It At The Wrong House Twice{$1200 SWarovski}. Then Called And Ask If I'd Mind Running Down And Picking It Up At The Hub.1 Hour 25 Minutes Drive On Way.I.Told Them Hell No. If USP Could Find Me, They Could As Well.

IC B2

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
I lived 10 minutes from the FedEx hub on Salt Springs Rd in Youngstown, Ohio. LL Bean uses FedUp and they NEVER delivered to my door, I had to go to the hub to pick it up. This also occured when an Officer friend sent packages from Iraq that needed dispersed to other people. My brother-in-law tracked a package and had to come to my house, get my driver's license to prove there is such an address and get a time critical package because FedUp couldn't deliver it.

The UPS driver on that route, Joann, was the best. Always professional and personalable.

I have cancelled orders with companies when FedUp was the only shipping option, not worth my time or gas to do their job.

O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
Most companies will NOT ship firearms via FEDEX

AKA The P-Man smile

If you cherish your memories with kids, be a good role model . . . . so the RIGHT memories of you mean something to them.
U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
Originally Posted by Offshoreman
Most companies will NOT ship firearms via FEDEX
Huh? I know that Ruger, S&W and Acusport ship firearms through them.

O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
There was a rash of losses and unexplained damages to firearms shipped through FEDEX midwest hubs and lot of companies refused to ship with them afterwards. Haven't heard much lately but I would only use UPS or USPS.

AKA The P-Man smile

If you cherish your memories with kids, be a good role model . . . . so the RIGHT memories of you mean something to them.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Hmm I have had no problems with FedEx or UPS but it could help that I know drivers on both crews smile

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
IC B3

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
It's my understanding that FedEx Express and FedEx Ground (formerly RPS) are almost like two separate entities.

FedEx Express has all hired drivers same as UPS, except UPS drivers belong to the Teamsters Union.

Many or most FedEx Ground routes and trucks are self owned and bought and operated by the drivers themselves. Some own multiple routes and trucks and hire their own employees to drive for them.

Personally I've seen more satisfactory service overall with FedEx Ground, although one very polite, respectful FedEx Express driver did an excellent job of picking up my father-in-law's military grave marker from our house and it arrived in a timely manner in perfect condition at the cemetery where he is buried a couple of hundred miles away.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Ya wonder how some folks keep their jobs don't Ya?

I sure hope you get that harness soon so you can get back to hunting but more concerning to me is the fact that it seems the police and fire dept are at your place often, exactly how often do they come to your place? grin

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

523 members (1Akshooter, 222Sako, 01Foreman400, 1beaver_shooter, 21, 10gaugeman, 60 invisible), 2,451 guests, and 1,232 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,450
Posts18,489,657
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.