Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 21 of 34 1 2 19 20 21 22 23 33 34
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
No matter.

With 31 priors of any kind, as far as Im concerned, he is now where he should be.

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
GB4

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
maybe he should've had a real job, being a respectable citizen instead of 2-bit street hustler with 3 dozen previous arrests.

big [bleep] like him would be great floating a concrete pour

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Tarkio
Originally Posted by KFWA
what bothers me isn't the choke hold, its the man telling them he can't breathe - like 9 times?

at what point do, you know, actually care that the guy might be in distress and its more important that he live than it is to keep your knee on his neck?

if there was video of me - not as a cop but as a man, lets say Garner was threatening me - not life threatening but general mouthing off and I made the decision to take him down, I had him subdued - and he told me 9 times he couldn't breathe - my ass would be in jail.

and throw in on top of it, there is a police policy against a choke hold or attempting to use a choke hold.

I think this cop needs to go to trial. I didn't think that about Wilson or George Zimmerman

also, I don't claim to be an expert on grand jury's but I can tell you that if you don't have a strong willed foreman on the jury or a group of people willing to confront authority, then they are mostly a rubber stamp for whatever the D.A. is pitching - innocent or guilty.

What do you suppose was going over his vocal chords to create the sound of Garner saying he couldn't breathe? Unicorn farts?

I would think you don't have to take it literally . I could understand that he was having trouble breathing, not the complete lack of oxygen entering his lungs.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by ingwe
You might want to read previous posts...when you get up off them, is when they try to kill you.
If you feel your job is too dangerous, they can always use more ditch diggers.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
If we could kill more of these ass holes, we would need more ditch diggers.

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
IC B2

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
You might want to read previous posts...when you get up off them, is when they try to kill you.

Oh, and if you are a teacher..the word is 'breathe'.....

I thought it was 'breeve'?

Screw this guy. Nobody made him eat 14 Big Macs a day.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

but homicide isn't defined by intent, but actions or lack of actions

Soooooo....why exactly do we have First Degree Homicide, Second Degree Homicide, Manslaughter, involuntary manslaughter etc etc....?

as I understand it

Homicide is the generic term to describe when one person kills another person, regardless if it was intentional, unintentional, pre-meditated or not-pre-meditated. Murder, however, deals with the malicious intent to commit a killing.

could be wrong but that is my understanding

Please, answer his question.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
SNORK! laugh

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If we could *************************

if you really are in law enforcement, I would delete that

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

And, you do exactly what for a living?

America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
IC B3

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by Ghostinthemachine

I thought it was 'breeve'?

You are absolutely right.

So when they inhale once, is that a single 'breff'? grin

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The "can't breeve" fat guy, "gentle giant", and Trayvon Martin all have one theme that binds them. And no, it's NOT their skin color... The simple fact is that none of these guys would have died if they had chosen to NOT let the attitude of thug culture rule them.

When confronted, we have a choice and have control over our response and actions.

If you really believe LEO is doing you wrong, one has the option of complaining later to the correct authority. However, choosing to resist and/or fight with LEO's will NEVER end well.

It's rare that someone ends up dead through resisting arrest, but extra charges are a certainty......who needs that?

I've never dealt with a cop over anything more than a traffic violation, but being pulled over is definitely an annoyance. My gut reaction is probably familiar to anyone who has ever been pulled over, "GFY! I don't need this sheit! Shouldn't you be spending time on real crimes instead of hassling folks going a couple miles over the posted speed limit???"

Ultimately I know if I want it over quickly, easily and as painlessly as possible, a smile and attitude adjustment 180 degrees from my "gut response" is my best path to being back on my way.

Angry, bad attitude, and belligerence certainly makes for "tough guy" imagery as depicted in movies and rap music... but real life isn't scripted that way! In real life, you take this attitude with a LEO in the performance of his/her job and you're going to lose! ALWAYS!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Here's a hypothetical question that's very different from determining if the cop(s) were right or wrong or innocent or guilty.

Would it have been a miscarriage of justice if the GJ returned a decision to indict?

In Darren Wilson's case it would been unjust to put an innocent man on trial but this one I'm not so sure about.

This case is undeniably controversial.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle

I'm really in retirement. grin

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

1) He's retired.
2) He can say whatever he wants under the First Amendment.

You still haven't answered his question.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by 4ager

1) He's retired.
2) He can say whatever he wants under the First Amendment.

You still haven't answered his question.

Yeah...and if I want Moderated on this forum, I'll ask Deflave to do it.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

I'm really in retirement. grin

ahh...well carry on.

wasn't trying to be a jerk, you just never know what will come back on you

Last edited by KFWA; 12/04/14.

RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Is that why you left teaching?

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
See previous post.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by RWE

Is that why you left teaching?

Did TRH leave teaching???

Just as well...he could'nt spell 'breeve'.....

Page 21 of 34 1 2 19 20 21 22 23 33 34

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

376 members (16penny, 10gaugemag, 14idaho, 16gage, 06hunter59, 1Longbow, 47 invisible), 2,226 guests, and 1,281 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,990
Posts18,481,076
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.