Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by sse
Thing is even with the lowered gas price at the pump, probably won't spur better economic numbers. The economy is tanking again. The retail numbers are down from last year. Some Dems are already trying to get out in front of this.

Millions of people working part-time, or just sitting collecting benefits, are not spenders. I believe this is the main reason the libs are pushing for higher minimum wage, to make gainful employment more attractive than welfare. Currently, working is not a better living than unemployment.

That's because people have no patience, skills, smarts etc etc.

One should go into a job thinking 'Sure, I'm at the bottom, but I'm going to run this place in 10 years'

Not 'Hey, I need enough money to purchase a new car, TV etc etc whilst saying DO YOU WANT FRIES WITH THAT'

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
GB1

S
sse Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
I think motivation is lacking, also...

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Obviously. They want the MOST for the LEAST.

Jobs that were for kids, ex-felons and for supplemental income aren't meant to sustain a family of 5.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
This will be the perfect time for the lardazzzed politicians to raise the federal gas/diesel tax. You heard it here first.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Oh, I'm sure that's coming.

IC B2

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by JGRaider
This will be the perfect time for the lardazzzed politicians to raise the federal gas/diesel tax. You heard it here first.
I am sure it won't be .20 or .30 cents a gallon either. We should be paying the same as the Europeans according to some Demos.......

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
price of oil will start going back up after the first of the year.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Mmmmm,.....TransOcean laid off 900 roustabouts last two weeks and is moth-balling 7 semi-submersibles. Projecting cold storage for 15-18 months.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
we're going to slow down till the first but will pick back up, actual drilling might slow down but we will still be doing production work.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
We are adding two rigs next month, just in my area, from 7-9.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B3

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Originally Posted by SandBilly
We are adding two rigs next month, just in my area, from 7-9.

I have read that our ability to refine crud is also an issue. If gas is cheaper, people will use more of it--spreading the money saved among other sectors of the economy. Does the U.S. have the ability keep up with demand (refineries)?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards

Awful lot of earthquakes directly south and west of me. These weren't happening before the fracking started.

Been fracking here since the '30's....haven't known of an earthquake here ever. Why is that?
I don't know. Why all the earthquakes now if not fracking? I'm not saying that sarcastically, just being honest.

simple answer is more and better siesmographs in the ground than at any time in the past....Fracking is taking place way to shallow and in way to limited of an area to cause an earthquake....last 20 years a hell of alot were put in places they never were........the earthquakes were always happening but only a few scientists cared now that there can be an agenda thrown with them....well.....

Last edited by rattler; 12/09/14.

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by rost495
Originally Posted by 5sdad
Teddy Roosevelt busted his truss to see that the oil business did not become a monopoly. Back in the fifties and sixties, we had numerous, "small" independent producers/refiners. Then somewhere along the line there was a change, and it was decided that anything other than "whoever has the most money can do whatever they damn-well please" was at least unAmerican and probably commie, and everything went to hell.
I've lived in the Oil Patch most of my life and my Dad financed my education and upbringing with money from big oil. That said, the more money accumulates in a certain area, with a certain company, the more power that company wields and it can be used for good or...and we all know human nature, or at least those of us who ain't Democrats do.

Awful lot of earthquakes directly south and west of me. These weren't happening before the fracking started. Lots of Indians up north that don't want the pipeline going through tribal lands...Lot of people on here want to give the oil companies a free pass. Fracking...pipeline...I dunno. Oil companies just allowed free reign? Hell no.

Fracking been here in our area since the 70s more or less... still have not had an earthquake...

I'd think they would be very common anywhere wells are that fracking is used, not just in certain areas, if it was fault of fracking.

As to pipelines... bring it on, can come across us anytime they want. They are not a big deal and they help us maintain a certain amount of petro freedom still.
http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/stat...15f6162-8e33-56d1-af6c-8a50532c4099.html

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by rattler

Awful lot of earthquakes directly south and west of me. These weren't happening before the fracking started.

Been fracking here since the '30's....haven't known of an earthquake here ever. Why is that?
I don't know. Why all the earthquakes now if not fracking? I'm not saying that sarcastically, just being honest.

simple answer is more and better siesmographs in the ground than at any time in the past....Fracking is taking place way to shallow and in way to limited of an area to cause an earthquake....last 20 years a hell of alot were put in places they never were........the earthquakes were always happening but only a few scientists cared now that there can be an agenda thrown with them....well.....
See link above. And no, there were not a bunch of earthquakes happening in Kansas and Oklahoma in the last twenty years.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Bump for all the honest world to feel.

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
$2.15 a gallon in South Ga.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by rost495
Originally Posted by 5sdad
Teddy Roosevelt busted his truss to see that the oil business did not become a monopoly. Back in the fifties and sixties, we had numerous, "small" independent producers/refiners. Then somewhere along the line there was a change, and it was decided that anything other than "whoever has the most money can do whatever they damn-well please" was at least unAmerican and probably commie, and everything went to hell.
I've lived in the Oil Patch most of my life and my Dad financed my education and upbringing with money from big oil. That said, the more money accumulates in a certain area, with a certain company, the more power that company wields and it can be used for good or...and we all know human nature, or at least those of us who ain't Democrats do.

Awful lot of earthquakes directly south and west of me. These weren't happening before the fracking started. Lots of Indians up north that don't want the pipeline going through tribal lands...Lot of people on here want to give the oil companies a free pass. Fracking...pipeline...I dunno. Oil companies just allowed free reign? Hell no.

Fracking been here in our area since the 70s more or less... still have not had an earthquake...

I'd think they would be very common anywhere wells are that fracking is used, not just in certain areas, if it was fault of fracking.

As to pipelines... bring it on, can come across us anytime they want. They are not a big deal and they help us maintain a certain amount of petro freedom still.
http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/stat...15f6162-8e33-56d1-af6c-8a50532c4099.html

Earthquakes and pipelines are a bad combination, it would seem. The spike in earthquakes in OK needs to be studied for sure. It's reasonable to allow that destabilizing what's under us could have major effects on top.

I'm all for oil independence but not at any price. It does little good to fuel the family car while the house and driveway collapse.

I think the jury isn't ready to make a decision, and more data needs collecting. Let's hope there is no direct correlation, and we are in position to tell the Ruskies and Rag-heads to GFO.

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
In 1 1/2 yrs gas will be over $3.00. I think this is a good avr. We need gas high enough to keep pumping our own oil. I will gladly pay $3.00 if it comes from the USA.

But the fruits of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness,faithfulness, Gentleness and self control. Against such things there is no law. Galations 5: 22&23
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Do the wind generators vibrate enough to cause earthquakes. I've heard they won't put them close to an earthen dam because of vibrations may cause them to leak.

There is no place like home. Western Oklahoma.
D
djs Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by JoeBob
Cheap gas is good for the economy as a whole. I too think high gas had a lot to do with the crash.

So, really in the grand scheme of things, who cares if it puts some of our small producers out of business? When they all die out and oil goes up again, they'll be back. Oil has always been an up and down business. I know guys who have been multi-millionaires and flat busted (worse than that really as that they were in a lot of debt) several different times in the oil bidness.

In the grand scheme of things $2 gas for about five years would do more for the economy than anything the Republicans, Democrats, or anyone else could ever do.

From CNN:
"Some companies won't survive the oil meltdown"
see: http://money.cnn.com/2014/12/16/investing/oil-fall-shale-impact/index.html?iid=HP_LN

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

537 members (1minute, 06hunter59, 204guy, 1941USMC, 1OntarioJim, 10gaugeman, 64 invisible), 2,436 guests, and 1,302 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,887
Posts18,518,291
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.