Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2014/12/mitch_mcconnell_plans_a_bipartisan_senate.html
December 8, 2014

Mitch McConnell plans a 'bipartisan' Senate

By Thomas Lifson

There will be no negative consequences for Harry Reid�s abuse of Senate procedures. These abuses include refusing to allow hundreds of House-passed bills to come to a vote and his infamous change requiring only a bare majority to approve most judges, which enabled President Obama to pack the bench of the federal judiciary.

Instead Senator McConnell plans to turn the other cheek. If you think this noble example will inspire Democrats to behave themselves the next time they get control of the Senate, I have a bridge in Brooklyn I�d like to sell you. �Please sir, may I have another!�

Neil Lesniewski writes an article titled �McConnell Plots a Functional, Bipartisan Senate� in Roll Call:

Sen. Mitch McConnell wants to hit the ground running in January � and he thinks Democrats are ready to join him in crafting a more open, functional Senate.

In an exclusive interview in his Capitol office suite, the incoming majority leader told CQ Roll Call he�s been preparing his would-be chairmen to move quickly since spring.

�The worst experience any majority can have is that you convene and you look around and nothing�s ready to go. So what I said to the members who hoped they would be chairmen [was], �Let�s don�t have that problem. Be thinking now about legislation that you have, preferably that enjoys some Democratic support, because we certainly didn�t think we were going to have 60 and we don�t,�� the Kentucky Republican said.

McConnell pointed to conversations he�s had with Democrats, whose cooperation will be required to get the Senate functioning as he would like.

�Up to half the calls I got after the election were from Democratic senators. I�m not implying that they were happy I won, but they were awfully curious as to whether I really meant it early last year when I pointed out that we needed to run the Senate in a very different way,� he said. �I think there�s going to be bipartisan gratitude for having a chance to be relevant, to not be marginalized.�

This is as hardball as McConnell plans to get:

McConnell wasn�t saying he would never use procedural tools, such as the Rule 14 process, to bypass committees or filling the �amendment tree� to block amendments, but he certainly wants those tools to be far more rarely used than in recent years under Majority Leader Harry Reid, D-Nev.

At least he didn�t follow Hillary Clinton�s lead and vow to have empathy for Senate Democrats.

Sam......

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
The GOP's version of John Kerry, you just can't make this stuff up!

Writing here is Prohibited by the authorities.
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Again - it just shows the GOP has NO BALLS... When will the voters wake up and REMOVE these weak-titted pos legislators????

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
reads like a script

.... like tears in the rain
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
[Linked Image]

I bet Rush and Beck will be apoplectic today. Might be worth tuning in.

They say everything happens for a reason.
For me that reason is usually because I've made some bad decisions that I need to pay for.
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
2 parties, 1 ideology.

Islam is a terrorist organization.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Toldja so.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 4ager
Toldja so.

your some "pressed a digit ate her".

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Give them a chance. I'm hoping its a trap. Please don't piss on my Cheerios.

RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Toddly
Give them a chance. I'm hoping its a trap. Please don't piss on my Cheerios.

I'd like to be optimistic, but these guys can't set a mouse trap for fear of catching their fingers, nor actually catching their fingers if they do.

What really pisses me off the most is that I cannot get a face to face meeting with my reps so I can actually use vulgarity, knowing full well that my placid calls and letters are disregarded, and my vitriolic ones are cast aside.

IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I told you guys from day one that Mitch will be Obama's bitch. Now do you believe me?

In 2016 the Republicans will lose the Senate, the White House, and barely hold on to the House. Here in Montana, I'm starting to hear if the Republicans sell out to the Democrats and the Republicans will, that's it the Republicans are done.

Look for the Democrats to hold the House, Senate, and White House for now and forever until there is no nation.

It's over folks and you heard it here first.

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
The only reason to vote GOP is to vote anti-democrat. There is no other reason. There has been no other reason, for a long time.
I always make the effort, but only for that reason.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The old birds have no heart for a fight! There needs to be a voter induced age limit and term limit on the geriatrics who just want to get along.

If they can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen.

Would love to see some fire breathing 40 year olds in the Senate who would tell the dems and pres no now and no forever!

Mike

God, Family, and Country.
NRA Endowment Member

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
They all go in office broke and retire wealthy. They don't want to change the system. The Fear of being voted from office is the only thing that will make them change. Hasbeen

hasbeen
(Better a has been than a never was!)

NRA Patron member
Try to live your life where the preacher doesn't have to lie at your funeral
W
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
W
Nothing to be surprised about. They caved on the budget, and this will be the way it is.

Why in the hell did the GOP re-elect Bohner as Speaker? And for that matter, McConnell as leader? And this is within their own party.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
something need to take place so that congress works together for the good of the American people...

Party lines should not be the dividing line when they are all to work for the good of America...

"Sorry don't get it done, Dude"
John Wayne 1959
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I am holding fire until the new Congress is in session. In my view, what you are witnessing is a direct result of the STUPIDITY of the average voter, evidenced (to name just two, but there are thousands of examples) by their belief the Government Shutdown was real (it wasn't)and it was the Republican's fault at blocking budgets, when they've actually passed several which were then held hostage by Harry Reid in the Senate.

Not to mention the fact the last budget passed, crafted by a democrat house and senate, was voted DOWN in the Senate 95:0. We are awash in STUPID people, and the mess we are in is of their making. It's that simple.

In a few months we will see..

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
In 2016 the Republicans will lose the Senate, the White House, and barely hold on to the House. Here in Montana, I'm starting to hear if the Republicans sell out to the Democrats and the Republicans will, that's it the Republicans are done.

So you are saying the people of Montana are puzzies and will give up at the drop of a hat? I doubt that. What needs to be done is start replacing "Republicans" with "Tea Party type Republicans", and keep replacing over and over until the whole of Washington changes. It will not be an overnight process, so you can forget that. It did not get screwed up overnight and will not get fixed overnight but our work is not done. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Bwana338
something need to take place so that congress works together for the good of the American people...

Party lines should not be the dividing line when they are all to work for the good of America...

The American people are best served when Congress is in an unbreakable deadlock
You're foolish if you think they work for the good of the people
They work to maintain their own power.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
I agree with Tracks, gridlock is a good thing. We don't need
a constant barrage of change everything - NOW!!

--- CAUGHT IN THE CROSSFIRE --- A Magic Time To Be An Illegal In America---
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

562 members (06hunter59, 160user, 007FJ, 12344mag, 10Glocks, 56 invisible), 2,087 guests, and 1,276 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,044
Posts18,482,171
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.