Did the Banjo Minnow make it?

GB1

U
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
U
Originally Posted by Reloder28
Originally Posted by djs
Who is Stan Potts. I never even heard the name before.
He has one eye fishing & the other looking for bait.

Potts is a dipschitt of the highest order.......

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Stan has a good heart, so play nice.

Well, I would hope he does. I doubt he would be this juvenile as some of you have been on this thread.
I wonder, would you say these things to his face.

Carry on.

Texas
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Rubber boot hunters.....do they go from the deer stand to work in the rice fields, shrimp boats, or what?

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
M
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
M
George,

Here's a list of some of the items from the comedy corner:

A baseball cap with a boar's head on the front, under "I'm a Swine for Eberle Wine." Bought it in the 80's when I went on my first pig hunt in the central valley of California near Paso Robles. Eileen and i toured some local wineries with a California friend.

A copy of THE BEST OF ED ZERN.

Two books by George Leonard Herter, and a 1974 copy of the Herter's catalog.

A cheesehead hat from Green Bay, Wisconsin, from when Eileen and i went to the last Packers game of the season 10-12 years ago (a friend has season tickets, and has long rented somebody's yard across the street from the stadium for tailgate parties.)

A teddy bear from the North Dakota tourism department, with a Teddy Roosevelt moustache, glasses and Rough Rider hat, given to me when I was on the board of directors of the Outdoor Writers Association and we had our annual conference in Bismarck.

A mounted male prairie chicken from Nebraska, which I got a dozen years ago. Gave it to a local Montana taxidermist for mounting, saying I wanted it strutting. He made it strutting all right, with its head up, sitting on a log.

Probably should lean my Lee Navy Sporter in the corner, because its action was one of the bigger jokes of the early days of smokeless powder.

There are several other baseball caps, but all are pretty common, like the one saying, "Vegetarian: Old Indian Word for Bad Hunter."

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
IC B2

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by ingwe
He forgot the Butt-out tool....

I go to a doctor every ten years that has one of those...with a little camera on the end. I don't like him at all.

Last edited by RevMike; 12/08/14.

"An archer sees how far he can be from a target and still hit it, a bowhunter sees how close he can get before he shoots." It is certainly easy to use that same line of thinking with firearms. -- Unknown
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I'm shocked at the amount of commentary here that I agree with. My hearing is not good (wear hearing aids), probably due to years of shooting with inadequate hearing protection. The whisperers drive me nuts. A lot of what I watch is with the sound muted. Occasionally if the area is not known to me I will put on the closed captioning to find out what they are describing.

One of the shows (I think maybe Nosler Magnum TV) they do have some details of the hunt location, etc. but it is displayed in a way that can not be read. I have even taped the odd show so I could replay and freeze the detail and have still not been able to make it out. Cripes does nobody ever critique their shows for them?

My favourite is Jim Shockey since he seems to have a lot of empathy for the people and lands where he hunts. Also he doesn't have an orgasm when he takes an animal.

Jim

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Mule Deer
George,

Here's a list of some of the items from the comedy corner:

A baseball cap with a boar's head on the front, under "I'm a Swine for Eberle Wine." Bought it in the 80's when I went on my first pig hunt in the central valley of California near Paso Robles. Eileen and i toured some local wineries with a California friend.

A copy of THE BEST OF ED ZERN.

A cheesehead hat from Green Bay, Wisconsin, from when Eileen and i went to the last Packers game of the season 10-12 years ago (a friend has season tickets, and has long rented somebody's yard across the street from the stadium for tailgate parties.)

A teddy bear from the North Dakota tourism department, with a Teddy Roosevelt moustache, glasses and Rough Rider hat, given to me when I was on the board of directors of the Outdoor Writers Association and we had our annual conference in Bismarck.

A mounted male prairie chicken from Nebraska, which I got a dozen years ago. Gave it to a local Montana taxidermist for mounting, saying I wanted it strutting. He made it strutting all right, with its head up, sitting on a log.

Probably should lean my Lee Navy Sporter in the corner, because its action was one of the bigger jokes of the early days of smokeless powder.

There are several other baseball caps, but all are pretty common, like the one saying, "Vegetarian: Old Indian Word for Bad Hunter."

John, I can't believe you passed up the Tink's Turkey Cover Scent.

M
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
M
Let's just say I couldn't bring myself to spend cash money on it!

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by Mule Deer
George,

I remember The Professional Guides Manual and How to Live With a Bitch laugh

IC B3

M
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
M
Those are both pretty entertaining, but the Bull Cook book actually has some pretty decent recipes. One dove recipe is supposedly from Wyatt Earp, and Eileen tried it when she was doing her upland bird cookbook. It's damn good!

John Steinbeck
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Spartacus
Stan has a good heart, so play nice.

Yep. Stan gained some notoriety for the deer he was slaying back in the day.
Then someone thought it would be a good idea to put him in front of the camera. That person is likely in another profession these days. smile

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Come on now you pretend mountain men Luddites.

You guys are complaining about hunting shows and the fall of society due to the NFL, yet have posts counts on this forum in the thousands exaggerating 100 yard shots on whitetails the size of labs whilst arguing the minutiae of why a 129 grain 260 Rem loaded with 43.0 gr of IMR 4350 is significantly better than a 130 grain 270 loaded with 60.0 gr of H4831sc.

Yes, living vicariously on the internet is infinitely better than watching hunting shows or the NFL.

Let me tell you what the multi-billion dollar hunting industry does, it makes it darn hard to politically damage. Keep the products and money rolling and if Stan Potts helps do it, so be it.

And before you get confused, it's generally horrible viewing, but that's why I have a remote control. To turn to NFL Red Zone. Or off.

Thank goodness for choices, unlike southern hemisphere democracies.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by AussieGunWriter
He mostly hunted the fringes of dark timer and used a model 70 in .270 Ingwe Magnum......

Classic!

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by dtspoke

You guys are complaining about hunting shows and the fall of society due to the NFL, yet have posts counts on this forum in the thousands exaggerating 100 yard shots on whitetails the size of labs whilst arguing the minutiae of why a 129 grain 260 Rem loaded with 43.0 gr of IMR 4350 is significantly better than a 130 grain 270 loaded with 60.0 gr of H4831sc.

Yes, living vicariously on the internet is infinitely better than watching hunting shows or the NFL.

Let me tell you what the multi-billion dollar hunting industry does, it makes it darn hard to politically damage. Keep the products and money rolling and if Stan Potts helps do it, so be it.

And before you get confused, it's generally horrible viewing, but that's why I have a remote control. To turn to NFL Red Zone. Or off.

Good post.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
The thing about those shows that bothers me is that all of the animals are shot in the daylight but a lot of the hero photos/video are taken in the dark. Muddy

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Just once I'd like to see where they show someone hunting and you can hear other hunters' gunfire in the distance. IOW - they're not the only predator in the county....

Me

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by shrapnel
Originally Posted by 300_savage
I too miss the rifle/cartridge info. The old "me and Joe" stories of the big three from about 50 years ago always mentioned, somewhere, the rifle medel, chambering, and many times the type of ammo. Without that, the story seems incomplete to me. Not a product review, but basic info.

But the same guys that bitch about the outdoor shows will still watch football games every Sunday where guys run into each other, scratch themselves in private places, stomp around in some sort of display after they accomplish something they get paid million$$ to do and never seem to get the absolute similarities and outcomes.

Neither has made sense to me, but the NFL keeps making billions off of "Joe The Plumber" and millions like him, and they still keep paying and watching. At least the Outdoor shows aren't as corrupted with money and most everyone can engage in those activities, where football is "watch only"...

Minority here... Can't stand sports , well shooting sports are ok,and can't stand hunting shows either. Refuse to watch both.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by dtspoke

If turning to NFL then you ain't moving on up

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by JPro
Originally Posted by George_De_Vries_3rd

Just be sure to not indulge in legumes, chili or pea soup the day before..

Believe it or not, I actually spooked a pig last season with a loud fart. It came out a lot louder than I expected and I immediately heard a commotion on the other side of some thick brush about 15 yards away. I then heard some pig grunts and all went quiet. She ventured out about 20-30 minutes later and I popped her. Wind may have been in my favor, but I can't recall..... laugh

It's good you shot her. She was looking to eat what died.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

262 members (264mag, 1_deuce, 204guy, 260Remguy, 29 invisible), 1,969 guests, and 1,147 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,755
Posts18,476,352
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.