-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 11 of 13 1 2 9 10 11 12 13
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas.....

GB1

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Dogshooter
Originally Posted by 2muchgun
And wait a minute? Where did I start it?? i believe you started it.

Either way, you will lose money..........

Here you go..... you quoted the quote yourself.... dumbass....

Originally Posted by Dogshooter

I'll tell you what. I will be in Colorado next year. NO BS. Let me know how much money you have to lose, and I'll drive to you.
So are you in?

It'll be great. You will be laffin' your a$$ off when I miss everything beyond 200 yds.....

Yes.... I'm in for a couple hundred..... let me know when.

You aren't much on specifics are ya? Why not just say you are a fanboy for no other reason that you own one? Or that you are incapable or unwilling to discuss part for part because you know the Tikka will lose?

And a couple bucks ain't worth my time, or even close. Really, a couple hundred. That's it? To prove nothing about nothing. To prove I can outshoot you, and that the rifle isn't to blame, but merely your poor skill level as compared to mine?

Fan out a couple Gs on the screen, then we'll talk......

I think 2muchgun drank 2muchgin.

It happens. This I know.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by deflave
My duel idea is pretty uber.

Especially for the spotter.

"Just off his left foot!"

Travis

I'll bring the Budweiser and wife beaters . I'm sure Tanner will be drinking his cinnamon "whiskey."

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by joshf303

I'll bring the Budweiser and wife beaters . I'm sure Tanner will be drinking his cinnamon "whiskey."

A Texan couldn't fling a bullet past the 500 without going full cross-eyed.

Travis

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
T
Campfire Tracker
Online Happy
Campfire Tracker
T
[Linked Image]

IC B2

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by joshf303

A Texan couldn't fling a bullet past the 500 without going full cross-eyed.

Travis

We'll save that for Round 2??? grin

I promise I will remember I typed that tomorrow if I forget I was done with this thread again.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The only way this works is 2 guys show up, one guy leaves with 2 rifles. I'd take the Pepsi Challenge with a lot of schit, but there ain't a phuqqer on here I'd waste my time with doing this kinda schit.

And it ain't going to happen anyway, so nobody needs to get their hopes up.

'twas a day on the 'fire and all on the net,
2 fools were bitching and making a bet.

(You brainy acts finish it)

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
On the other hand, it would be a good reason to get together and have a weekend shoot in the grasslands east of Ft. Collins. I hear DS has a good "range" up there and it's a heck of a lot closer than the icebreaker. Camping on public land too, could be a good time.

DS and 2MG could be the main event, the rest of us could just shoot. Travis could host some duels, with playoff brackets and sudden death.

I'd kick in a $100 or two to make it worth 2MG's time. Any other takers?

A wise man is frequently humbled.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
You're welcome to shoot up here anytime.... so is 'flave, though by appointment only (you need time to prepare for a man of his stature).

You better pray to the God of Skinny Punks that this wind doesn't pick up......
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
'Flave needs to run the peasant rifle....

IC B3

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
I'll bring this POS down there.

But Colorado seems like an awfully long drive to meet people that aren't me.

Although if I am passing through there I would like to shoot.

Travis

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by dogcatcher223
2muchgun, do you even shoot? Bring some of your safe queens out west so I can watch you miss everything past 200 yards.

No. I just collect powder and bullets and 100s of guns to go with them. And post pics of dead things regularly.

[Linked Image]

I'll tell you what. I will be in Colorado next year. NO BS. Let me know how much money you have to lose, and I'll drive to you.

It'll be fun. Last time I shot for money, I tied Karl Feldkamp in a 600 yd egg shoot. We split the pot.

I was shooting this lil old 308 that George Gardner built me:
[Linked Image]

IIRC Eddie Fosnaugh and I tied for 3rd place that day in the target shooting. Karl came in 2nd and a guy name Tony H. who works for Trijicon took 1st. I also printed some 5 shot 1.25" 500yd groups during competition. Twice. I believe our own Superseal110 and Shotgun4fur witnessed those personally, also. Feel free to ask any of them.

I have NEVER, EVER felt the need to brag of my shooting abilities, or make wild claims, or post "internet groups". Or challenge folks to shooting matches. It's just dumb. Just not my style, and most here who actually know me, know I don't need to prove anything to anyone. But if you wish to talk down to me, or question if I even shoot or not, which is ludicrous, well I can show you first hand when I come visit my brother. I will make a one time exception for you only. Providing you make it worth my while, of course. I'll have a fistfull of cash, rest assured.

So are you in?

It'll be great. You will be laffin' your a$$ off when I miss everything beyond 200 yds.....

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I will be there. Not sure I will hit any targets, but I will be there.

Tanner

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Tanner---Is he as dumb in person as he is on the net?

Read the above quote with the nice pitchers in it.

He takes a quote in which I was clearly talking to Dogcatcher, says it right on the screen "Dogcatcher" and wraps quotes around it like I was talking to him. Or he answered when I speaking to someone else and I never knew it. Of course, that would go back to his reading ability(or lack thereof).

Or does he just not know his own screen name??

Unbelievable.

So how many times have I asked this now?

$2k and which rifle can I shoot?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I haven't left my couch in nye over 2 years so I cannot answer your first question with any honesty.

If you are going to be in Colorado anyways, you should just come shoot. We always have a good old time (or so I've heard). There are big targets (for me) and little targets (for me to miss), and lots of prairie dogs to shoot.

Tanner

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
That does sound like fun. And I'm only giving your buddy a hard time. He ain't so bad.

I am actually trying to put together a muley hunt for next year. As usual, I need to get my brother off his a$$.

He is in Evergreen, with some other folks I know......

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
I am pretty stupid.... and I've had more than one black eye that I certainly deserved for running my mouth. If that's what needs to happen here.... then so be it....

Come on out, shoot all the steel you want.... I'll even put you on some pasture poodles. But, it's gonna be on video.... and one of us is gonna have a mouthful of crow.

Like I've said a dozen times before, I bet there'd be a lot more laughing and high-fives..... than schitt talked.... if rounds were actually flying.

You better pray to the God of Skinny Punks that this wind doesn't pick up......
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I seriously just may do that. Sounds like fun to me.

As of now, mule deer season would be the estimated time of arrival.....

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Travis: you need to get out more.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F

What does Tikka offer you for your money that other rifles like:

Savage 10/110, Remington 700, Howa 1500, Vanguard, RAR, etc. do not? Plastic? Aluminum lugs? Poor CS? One action size? Highly over-priced replacement parts? What? Please don't say accuracy, as I know first hand that every one of them is capable of fine accuracy.

Do tell......

It's just a rifle. Nobody is trying to make it more than it is, however the difference is it is not hard at all to find a bunch of examples of Remington 700's that have major mechanical issues and it is hard as heck to find someone that HAS HAD major issues with T3.

This is what it offers-

Over Savage 110's- everything. A stock worth a flip, a trigger that's not Glock stupid, more consistency in barrels, a DBM that works, and if one cares about such things the smoothest action made.

Over Remington 700's- Significantly better barrels with chambers cut straight, crowns cut straight, triggers that actually work and are as good as most replacement triggers for 700's, safeties that work, bolt handles that don't pop off, and a useful stock (though it's still crap), and if one cares about such things the smoothest action made.

Over Howa/Vangard- better barrels, generally better twists, generally better stocks, a DBM that works, and if one cares about such things the smoothest action made.

Over a RAR- better barrels, WAY better stocks, a trigger that's not Glock stupid, and if one cares about such things the smoothest action made.

I could give two flips about recoil lugs, shrouds, or plastic mags. None of them have proven to be an issue- plastic being the least. The pistol I'm issued is plastic, the mags are plastic, the holster's plastic, the mags for my rifle are plastic, even some plastic sights have proven to be less prone to breakage than the best metal ones.

In short I won't say the Tikke T3 is the "best" it is the one that you can be most assurd will just work without having to screw with it. Everyone tries to make the new inexpensive rifle out to be the "most accurate" ever, the RAR being the newest one. Two weeks ago I had a dude that was doing exactly that with his RAR and how it NEVER shot more than MOA. Funny things was when he brought it out it never shot even close to MOA. Like most he taken one or two groups that happened to land the shots under an inch, and then BS'ed himself that it was him "if he did his part". Now the RAR's have shown a tendency to be good shooters, but they ain't even close to the no fuse easy accuracy of T3's, at least those I have seen.

All of those manufactures may make a good gun, but only Tikka produces a normal hunting rifle that I could take out of the box, mount a scope, zero, and do VERY well in most major LR/Tac matches.

Page 11 of 13 1 2 9 10 11 12 13

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

675 members (1beaver_shooter, 10gaugemag, 10gaugeman, 160user, 1eyedmule, 01Foreman400, 66 invisible), 3,330 guests, and 1,316 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,378
Posts18,469,479
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.