Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
B
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
B
I have been planning a build for several months now, at first i wanted just a varment gun in an Ar platform but after hanging here and lurking I became confused about what I wanted long barrel or short, then to add to the confusion I started reading about other calibers in the AR. So I decided I wanted a 5.56 for cheep shooting and a varment in a WSSM. I finaly settled on the 243WSSM. I found two lowers with consecutive numbers on line I got so excited about that I forgot to ask if they had caliber markings, I got them the other day they are Stag and yes they both have 5.56MM big as life on them.
I have heard I think on here about sombody who can change that, and even do custom designs on the lower, but I do not remember what they were called. Can anyone help with that? a name? web addy ? Idea of price? or can anyone tell me if i can use regular metal stamps to do it myself and is that legal? somthing like 5.56 243WSSM ECT. maybe? this has all given me a headache and now i just need the uppers and small parts. Thanks

Declaration of Independance, in ENGLISH
U.S. Constitution, in ENGLISH
U.S. Bill of Rights, in ENGLISH
If you cannot or don't want to learn ENGLISH, go back to the third world cesspool you came from
GB1

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
I wouldn't remark it. Who knows what upper you might want to put on it in the future.

I like your choices. A 223 and 243 WSSM covers a lot of area. What barrel lengths are you going with? They gonna be hunting configs or more M4? Let me know when you get a good load with the 243.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
as long as 5.56 isn't in the serial number you can mark it however you want. Though I don't personally get hung up on anything like that.

I"d look into laser engraving as the best possibilty.

Most markings are eitehr stamped in or in the mold. But have seen laser markings on CMP guns and thought they looked nice and you could get whatever design on there.

AS an aside I should come clean about cosmetics, I do have a competition upper in that green chameleon type paint that turns green, silver, red depending on the angle. Can't recall the paint name when I bought the cans right now....

Jeff

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D

I"d look into laser engraving as the best possibilty.

have seen laser markings on CMP guns and thought they looked nice and you could get whatever design on there.

Jeff

I have all of my stocks laser engraved. I checked with the company that does it and was told "you cannot engrave aluminum with a laser". Laser cutting and engraving is all they do, so I believed them. They told me any intricate or detailed work would have to be done with EDM, CNC machining or chemically.

There is a very fine line between "Hobby" and "Mental illness"
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Cool, you could be right, just looked good enough to be laser to me on the CMP lowers.

Probably EDM then.

Aluminum is a bit on the finicky side vs normal everyday things.

Thanks for the correction, Jeff

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
IC B2

B
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
B
I was figuring on 24"heavy barrels in both the 5.56 and the 243 WSSM I am building varment rifles mainly but I somtimes call Bob cat and I have been told of some cougar sightings around here in the last few years, I doubted it untill seeing one a couple years ago.
Mainly though I like blowing up prarie dogs I used to shoot them with a Ruger 77V .308 125 grn TNT bullets at around 3100 fps. But I sold that rifle when I started losing my eyesight and since I have gotten stable and begun to recover a little I want to rebuild my arsenal just a little differant since there are so many new calibers out in the last few years.

Declaration of Independance, in ENGLISH
U.S. Constitution, in ENGLISH
U.S. Bill of Rights, in ENGLISH
If you cannot or don't want to learn ENGLISH, go back to the third world cesspool you came from

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

362 members (1beaver_shooter, 10gaugemag, 2ndwind, 309coug, 17CalFan, 16penny, 36 invisible), 2,603 guests, and 1,096 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,757
Posts18,514,872
Members74,017
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.