Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Ringman Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
In my naivety I started this thread to share some fun with my .com friends. I added the illustration later when I saw some of the posts.

I don't understand the thought "threads solve nothing". I didn't know there was something to be solved. Again my naivety showing.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
George Carlin
On Religion
ObjectiveThought.com
12-23-5

When it comes to bullshit, big-time, major league bullshit, you have to stand in awe of the all-time champion of false promises and exaggerated claims, religion. No contest. No contest. Religion. Religion easily has the greatest bullshit story ever told. Think about it. Religion has actually convinced people that there's an invisible man living in the sky who watches everything you do, every minute of every day. And the invisible man has a special list of ten things he does not want you to do. And if you do any of these ten things, he has a special place, full of fire and smoke and burning and torture and anguish, where he will send you to live and suffer and burn and choke and scream and cry forever and ever 'til the end of time!

But He loves you. He loves you, and He needs money! He always needs money! He's all-powerful, all-perfect, all-knowing, and all-wise, somehow just can't handle money! Religion takes in billions of dollars, they pay no taxes, and they always need a little more. Now, you talk about a good bullshit story. Holy [bleep]!

But I want you to know something, this is sincere, I want you to know, when it comes to believing in God, I really tried. I really, really tried. I tried to believe that there is a God, who created each of us in His own image and likeness, loves us very much, and keeps a close eye on things. I really tried to believe that, but I gotta tell you, the longer you live, the more you look around, the more you realize, something is [bleep] up.

Something is wrong here. War, disease, death, destruction, hunger, filth, poverty, torture, crime, corruption, and the Ice Capades. Something is definitely wrong. This is not good work. If this is the best God can do, I am not impressed. Results like these do not belong on the r�sum� of a Supreme Being. This is the kind of [bleep] you'd expect from an office temp with a bad attitude. And just between you and me, in any decently-run universe, this guy would've been out on his all-powerful ass a long time ago. And by the way, I say "this guy", because I firmly believe, looking at these results, that if there is a God, it has to be a man.

No woman could or would ever [bleep] things up like this. So, if there is a God, I think most reasonable people might agree that he's at least incompetent, and maybe, just maybe, doesn't give a [bleep]. Doesn't give a [bleep], which I admire in a person, and which would explain a lot of these bad results.

So rather than be just another mindless religious robot, mindlessly and aimlessly and blindly believing that all of this is in the hands of some spooky incompetent father figure who doesn't give a [bleep], I decided to look around for something else to worship. Something I could really count on.

And immediately, I thought of the sun. Happened like that. Overnight I became a sun-worshipper. Well, not overnight, you can't see the sun at night. But first thing the next morning, I became a sun-worshipper. Several reasons. First of all, I can see the sun, okay? Unlike some other gods I could mention, I can actually see the sun. I'm big on that. If I can see something, I don't know, it kind of helps the credibility along, you know? So everyday I can see the sun, as it gives me everything I need; heat, light, food, flowers in the park, reflections on the lake, an occasional skin cancer, but hey. At least there are no crucifixions, and we're not setting people on fire simply because they don't agree with us.

Sun worship is fairly simple. There's no mystery, no miracles, no pageantry, no one asks for money, there are no songs to learn, and we don't have a special building where we all gather once a week to compare clothing. And the best thing about the sun, it never tells me I'm unworthy. Doesn't tell me I'm a bad person who needs to be saved. Hasn't said an unkind word. Treats me fine. So, I worship the sun. But, I don't pray to the sun. Know why? I wouldn't presume on our friendship. It's not polite.

I've often thought people treat God rather rudely, don't you? Asking trillions and trillions of prayers every day. Asking and pleading and begging for favors. Do this, gimme that, I need a new car, I want a better job. And most of this praying takes place on Sunday His day off. It's not nice. And it's no way to treat a friend.

But people do pray, and they pray for a lot of different things, you know, your sister needs an operation on her crotch, your brother was arrested for defecating in a mall. But most of all, you'd really like to [bleep] that hot little redhead down at the convenience store. You know, the one with the eyepatch and the clubfoot? Can you pray for that? I think you'd have to. And I say, fine. Pray for anything you want. Pray for anything, but what about the Divine Plan?

Remember that? The Divine Plan. Long time ago, God made a Divine Plan. Gave it a lot of thought, decided it was a good plan, put it into practice. And for billions and billions of years, the Divine Plan has been doing just fine. Now, you come along, and pray for something. Well suppose the thing you want isn't in God's Divine Plan? What do you want Him to do? Change His plan? Just for you? Doesn't it seem a little arrogant? It's a Divine Plan. What's the use of being God if every run-down shmuck with a two-dollar prayerbook can come along and [bleep] up Your Plan?

And here's something else, another problem you might have: Suppose your prayers aren't answered. What do you say? "Well, it's God's will." "Thy Will Be Done." Fine, but if it's God's will, and He's going to do what He wants to anyway, why the [bleep] bother praying in the first place? Seems like a big waste of time to me! Couldn't you just skip the praying part and go right to His Will? It's all very confusing.

So to get around a lot of this, I decided to worship the sun. But, as I said, I don't pray to the sun. You know who I pray to? Joe Pesci. Two reasons: First of all, I think he's a good actor, okay? To me, that counts. Second, he looks like a guy who can get things done. Joe Pesci doesn't [bleep] around. In fact, Joe Pesci came through on a couple of things that God was having trouble with.

For years I asked God to do something about my noisy neighbor with the barking dog, Joe Pesci straightened that [bleep] out with one visit. It's amazing what you can accomplish with a simple baseball bat.

So I've been praying to Joe for about a year now. And I noticed something. I noticed that all the prayers I used to offer to God, and all the prayers I now offer to Joe Pesci, are being answered at about the same 50% rate. Half the time I get what I want, half the time I don't. Same as God, 50-50. Same as the four-leaf clover and the horseshoe, the wishing well and the rabbit's foot, same as the Mojo Man, same as the Voodoo Lady who tells you your fortune by squeezing the goat's testicles, it's all the same: 50-50. So just pick your superstition, sit back, make a wish, and enjoy yourself.

And for those of you who look to The Bible for moral lessons and literary qualities, I might suggest a couple of other stories for you. You might want to look at the Three Little Pigs, that's a good one. Has a nice happy ending, I'm sure you'll like that. Then there's Little Red Riding Hood, although it does have that X-rated part where the Big Bad Wolf actually eats the grandmother. Which I didn't care for, by the way. And finally, I've always drawn a great deal of moral comfort from Humpty Dumpty. The part I like the best? "All the king's horses and all the king's men couldn't put Humpty Dumpty back together again." That's because there is no Humpty Dumpty, and there is no God. None, not one, no God, never was.

In fact, I'm gonna put it this way. If there is a God, may he strike this audience dead! See? Nothing happened. Nothing happened? Everybody's okay? All right, tell you what, I'll raise the stakes a little bit. If there is a God, may he strike me dead. See? Nothing happened, oh, wait, I've got a little cramp in my leg. And my balls hurt. Plus, I'm blind. I'm blind, oh, now I'm okay again, must have been Joe Pesci, huh? God Bless Joe Pesci. Thank you all very much. Joe Bless You!

"There's no schadenfreude like Hillary Clinton schadenfreude."
- Tamara Keel
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by savage24
George Carlin
On Religion
ObjectiveThought.com
12-23-5

When it comes to bullshit, big-time, major league bullshit, you have to stand in awe of the all-time champion of false promises and exaggerated claims, religion. No contest. No contest. Religion. Religion easily has the greatest bullshit story ever told. Think about it. Religion has actually convinced people that there's an invisible man living in the sky who watches everything you do, every minute of every day. And the invisible man has a special list of ten things he does not want you to do. And if you do any of these ten things, he has a special place, full of fire and smoke and burning and torture and anguish, where he will send you to live and suffer and burn and choke and scream and cry forever and ever 'til the end of time!

But He loves you. He loves you, and He needs money! He always needs money! He's all-powerful, all-perfect, all-knowing, and all-wise, somehow just can't handle money! Religion takes in billions of dollars, they pay no taxes, and they always need a little more. Now, you talk about a good bullshit story. Holy [bleep]!

But I want you to know something, this is sincere, I want you to know, when it comes to believing in God, I really tried. I really, really tried. I tried to believe that there is a God, who created each of us in His own image and likeness, loves us very much, and keeps a close eye on things. I really tried to believe that, but I gotta tell you, the longer you live, the more you look around, the more you realize, something is [bleep] up.

Something is wrong here. War, disease, death, destruction, hunger, filth, poverty, torture, crime, corruption, and the Ice Capades. Something is definitely wrong. This is not good work. If this is the best God can do, I am not impressed. Results like these do not belong on the r�sum� of a Supreme Being. This is the kind of [bleep] you'd expect from an office temp with a bad attitude. And just between you and me, in any decently-run universe, this guy would've been out on his all-powerful ass a long time ago. And by the way, I say "this guy", because I firmly believe, looking at these results, that if there is a God, it has to be a man.

No woman could or would ever [bleep] things up like this. So, if there is a God, I think most reasonable people might agree that he's at least incompetent, and maybe, just maybe, doesn't give a [bleep]. Doesn't give a [bleep], which I admire in a person, and which would explain a lot of these bad results.

So rather than be just another mindless religious robot, mindlessly and aimlessly and blindly believing that all of this is in the hands of some spooky incompetent father figure who doesn't give a [bleep], I decided to look around for something else to worship. Something I could really count on.

And immediately, I thought of the sun. Happened like that. Overnight I became a sun-worshipper. Well, not overnight, you can't see the sun at night. But first thing the next morning, I became a sun-worshipper. Several reasons. First of all, I can see the sun, okay? Unlike some other gods I could mention, I can actually see the sun. I'm big on that. If I can see something, I don't know, it kind of helps the credibility along, you know? So everyday I can see the sun, as it gives me everything I need; heat, light, food, flowers in the park, reflections on the lake, an occasional skin cancer, but hey. At least there are no crucifixions, and we're not setting people on fire simply because they don't agree with us.

Sun worship is fairly simple. There's no mystery, no miracles, no pageantry, no one asks for money, there are no songs to learn, and we don't have a special building where we all gather once a week to compare clothing. And the best thing about the sun, it never tells me I'm unworthy. Doesn't tell me I'm a bad person who needs to be saved. Hasn't said an unkind word. Treats me fine. So, I worship the sun. But, I don't pray to the sun. Know why? I wouldn't presume on our friendship. It's not polite.

I've often thought people treat God rather rudely, don't you? Asking trillions and trillions of prayers every day. Asking and pleading and begging for favors. Do this, gimme that, I need a new car, I want a better job. And most of this praying takes place on Sunday His day off. It's not nice. And it's no way to treat a friend.

But people do pray, and they pray for a lot of different things, you know, your sister needs an operation on her crotch, your brother was arrested for defecating in a mall. But most of all, you'd really like to [bleep] that hot little redhead down at the convenience store. You know, the one with the eyepatch and the clubfoot? Can you pray for that? I think you'd have to. And I say, fine. Pray for anything you want. Pray for anything, but what about the Divine Plan?

Remember that? The Divine Plan. Long time ago, God made a Divine Plan. Gave it a lot of thought, decided it was a good plan, put it into practice. And for billions and billions of years, the Divine Plan has been doing just fine. Now, you come along, and pray for something. Well suppose the thing you want isn't in God's Divine Plan? What do you want Him to do? Change His plan? Just for you? Doesn't it seem a little arrogant? It's a Divine Plan. What's the use of being God if every run-down shmuck with a two-dollar prayerbook can come along and [bleep] up Your Plan?

And here's something else, another problem you might have: Suppose your prayers aren't answered. What do you say? "Well, it's God's will." "Thy Will Be Done." Fine, but if it's God's will, and He's going to do what He wants to anyway, why the [bleep] bother praying in the first place? Seems like a big waste of time to me! Couldn't you just skip the praying part and go right to His Will? It's all very confusing.

So to get around a lot of this, I decided to worship the sun. But, as I said, I don't pray to the sun. You know who I pray to? Joe Pesci. Two reasons: First of all, I think he's a good actor, okay? To me, that counts. Second, he looks like a guy who can get things done. Joe Pesci doesn't [bleep] around. In fact, Joe Pesci came through on a couple of things that God was having trouble with.

For years I asked God to do something about my noisy neighbor with the barking dog, Joe Pesci straightened that [bleep] out with one visit. It's amazing what you can accomplish with a simple baseball bat.

So I've been praying to Joe for about a year now. And I noticed something. I noticed that all the prayers I used to offer to God, and all the prayers I now offer to Joe Pesci, are being answered at about the same 50% rate. Half the time I get what I want, half the time I don't. Same as God, 50-50. Same as the four-leaf clover and the horseshoe, the wishing well and the rabbit's foot, same as the Mojo Man, same as the Voodoo Lady who tells you your fortune by squeezing the goat's testicles, it's all the same: 50-50. So just pick your superstition, sit back, make a wish, and enjoy yourself.

And for those of you who look to The Bible for moral lessons and literary qualities, I might suggest a couple of other stories for you. You might want to look at the Three Little Pigs, that's a good one. Has a nice happy ending, I'm sure you'll like that. Then there's Little Red Riding Hood, although it does have that X-rated part where the Big Bad Wolf actually eats the grandmother. Which I didn't care for, by the way. And finally, I've always drawn a great deal of moral comfort from Humpty Dumpty. The part I like the best? "All the king's horses and all the king's men couldn't put Humpty Dumpty back together again." That's because there is no Humpty Dumpty, and there is no God. None, not one, no God, never was.

In fact, I'm gonna put it this way. If there is a God, may he strike this audience dead! See? Nothing happened. Nothing happened? Everybody's okay? All right, tell you what, I'll raise the stakes a little bit. If there is a God, may he strike me dead. See? Nothing happened, oh, wait, I've got a little cramp in my leg. And my balls hurt. Plus, I'm blind. I'm blind, oh, now I'm okay again, must have been Joe Pesci, huh? God Bless Joe Pesci. Thank you all very much. Joe Bless You!

George is awesome:

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by savage24
George Carlin
On Religion
ObjectiveThought.com
12-23-5

sick

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by 4ager
Originally Posted by TF49
Originally Posted by Steelhead
Which is an absence of good, so God isn't there?

I am seeing the depravity of man. Manifested in evil acts.

Also, I would not agree that evil is simply "the absence of God."

Anybody else seeing "depravity" here?

TF

That He allows, encourages, and creates. Either God is in everything and is everywhere at all times, and this is there in that and doing that, or He is not everywhere, in all things, all knowing and all doing. There are only two options.

Well, I think I agree with you. God is in control. Now where you go from there is crucial.

He could have called an end to this world 100 years ago. He did not and I for one am glad that he did not. I was not in existence 100 years ago.

God has allowed this sinful depraved world to continue for the likes of me and a number of others.

God thoughts are above our thoughts and I for one am glad.

TF

The tax collector said: “Lord Jesus, have mercy on me, a sinner.” Jesus said he went home “justified.”

IC B2

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T

Okay, and?

All I have to do is utter an incantation, once, and I get the same benefits you do. Anyone can hedge that bet.

Nope, it doesn't work that way. An "incantation" is just words. Words are not evidence of a changed life. Not evidence of being in the Master's hand.

See Matthew 7:23 for further insight.

TF

Read it. All I have to do is say I accept Jesus and my Lord and Savior and beg forgiveness for my sins. Done.

Can you say those words with a repentant and contrite heart and trusting in God to do what He said he would do? Without the right heart attitude, it is just words that have no meaning.

TF

The tax collector said: “Lord Jesus, have mercy on me, a sinner.” Jesus said he went home “justified.”

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by CCCC
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
CCCC, I see that you've been practicing your apologetic else where, and learning new tricks. Claiming that God cannot be defined is one of those tricks, because once he's defined, he's easy to disprove. This is just one more of those infinite regressions of apologetic. It used to be that God(s) was (were) on the mountains, then in the clouds, then in space, now God is outside space and time....and cannot even be defined. The apologist have been moving the goal posts for thousands of years, and now you are running out of room to move them.

So, what is your evidence for this undefinable being that exists outside of space and time? If you cannot even define what it is, or where it is, how can you offer any evidence for it's existence?

Sniper, I wish I were young enough to learn some new tricks, and sure am not practicing anything at all - except a musical instrument or two. You are DEAD WRONG - I offer no apology for anything connected with God - would not even try. Therefore, no infinite regression involved. That must be a mind game for you.

Maybe you thought God was "in the mountains", "in the clouds", "in space" - whatever floats your boat - but I have never even suggested a specific location. I believe He is everywhere - wherever He wishes to be. Describe that location for me, eh? How does one "run out" of everywhere? Infinity is mysterious.

You are a fool if you think I ever have offered any evidence for God's existence, and you are a liar if you say that I have. God defines Himself and provides His evidence through His relationships with those who choose to join with Him. It may hurt you in a critical place to realize that God cannot be defined by humans - even a very special human like you. It may hurt even more that your inability to define Him - to put Him in your special box - has zero to do with His existence. He will be the Almighty regardless of your abilities.

If you would like some relief (or even diversion) from trying to tell Christians what they should, or can, or cannot, or must do and what/how they should be able to believe - and some relief from struggling to disprove Something that cannot be disproven - and some relief from trying to define the indefineable - try looking into and understanding the dynamics of faith.

So, lets recap your position based upon the above post.

God is everywhere and nowhere.

You have never offered any evidence for his existance...none, zero...nil...

God "defines himself", but somehow has failed to communicate it to you in a way that you can share with others.

The only evidence for his existence is "his relationship with those who choose to join him", which of course is not evidence at all.

As for your inability to even define the object of the discussion, it has everything to do with the plausibility of his existence. Your inability to even define him goes back to your previous admission, your inability to provide evidence.

As for the dynamic of faith, faith is the belief in something for which there is no evidence, so it has no place in the search for truth.

As for the in ability to define your God, answer this, is he the God of the Christian Bible?

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
God is in control.
TF

Now see Steelhead's original post to this thread.

Ringman Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
George is awesome:

George is stuck in a finite inteligence. George is stuck in the finite understanding of the modern American Christian who believe in a god who is "infinite" from neutral to nice. He is not getting his information about God from God's Word.

I will post a few, very few, examples from God;s Word showing George and those who believe in his god, including modern American Christian, they are the one full of error. And don't forget: The God of the Bible is in control!

God told Noah, "�The end of all flesh has come before Me; for the earth is filled with violence because of them; and behold, I am about to destroy them with the earth."
God tells us, "If a calamity occurs in city, did I not do it?"
God told Moses, �Who has made man�s mouth? Or who makes him mute or deaf, or seeing or blind? Is it not I, the Lord?"
God tells us, "The Lord tests the righteous and the wicked,
And the one who loves violence His soul hates."
God tells us, "All their evil is at Gilgal; Indeed, I came to hate them there! Because of the wickedness of their deeds I will drive them out of My house! I will love them no more;"
God told them, "I will go through the land of Egypt on that night, and will strike down all the firstborn in the land of Egypt, both man and beast; and against all the gods of Egypt I will execute judgments�I am the Lord."
Jesus told His disciples a man was born blind so He could come along that day and show off.

Everyday Hunter
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Sniper, your post is a recap of your position and views, not mine. In each case you simply either have given your position or contorted/added to one of my comments in an apparent effort to suit your needs. That is cheap - too transparent to be deceptive.

When you post your complete definition of God, I will review it with the interest due a fellow such as you.

BTW - it is God's Bible.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
IC B3

Ringman Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
As for the dynamic of faith, faith is the belief in something for which there is no evidence, so it has no place in the search for truth.

Talk about faith! In a lecture Dr. Lisle PhD. astrophysics stated, "Evolution is a superstition with absolutely no supporting evidence."

Who is he? Dr. Dr. Lisle PhD. in astrophysics. Dr. Lisle graduated summa cum laude from Ohio Wesleyan University where he double-majored in physics and astronomy, and minored in mathematics. He did graduate work at the University of Colorado where he earned a Master�s degree and a Ph.D. in Astrophysics. While there, Dr Lisle used the SOHO spacecraft to investigate motions on the surface of the sun as well as solar magnetism and subsurface weather. His thesis was entitled �Probing the Dynamics of Solar Supergranulation and its Interaction with Magnetism.� Among other things, he discovered a previously unknown polar alignment of supergranules (solar convection cells), and discovered evidence of solar giant cells. He has also authored a number of papers in both secular and creation literature. He unashamedly accepts, proclaims and defends God�s Word, The Bible, as the Ultimate Truth of reality. He starts with the First Chapter using it for the basis of his acceptance of a young earth created in six solar days by God.

Everyday Hunter
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Sniper, your post is a recap of your position and views, not mine. In each case you simply either have given your position or contorted/added to one of my comments in an apparent effort to suit your needs. That is cheap - too transparent to be deceptive.

When you post your complete definition of God, I will review it with the interest due a fellow such as you.

BTW - it is God's Bible.

I did nothing of the sort. Go back and re-read you post.

Ok, so "it is God's Bible".

So lets drill down on that. Share with us your understanding of connection between your God and the Christian Bible.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
An outstanding irony here is that
(a) logic can neither discredit God, define God, prove God, nor disprove God
but
(b) accepting God and His word (completely without understanding) will lift you into the highest realms of logic.

(No, I won't argue the point! Got better things to do than try to turn boulders into mush. It's a fact as real and true and obvious and unarguable as the Pacific Ocean.)

"Good enough" isn't.

Always take your responsibilities seriously but never yourself.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

BTW - it is God's Bible.

So lets drill down on that. Share with us your understanding of connection between your God and the Christian Bible.

I don't have to re-read anything I wrote - it is all above and I know full well what I have said. Also obvious there are your sad attempts to manipulate and deceive - I think self-belittling to what otherwise may be a very talented - and maybe interesting - person.

When you define your "Christian Bible" accurately, and show it to be the same as - or different from - God's Bible, I may become interested in connections.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

TF

That He allows, encourages, and creates. Either God is in everything and is everywhere at all times, and this is there in that and doing that, or He is not everywhere, in all things, all knowing and all doing. There are only two options.

So if God put you two guys in charge, what would you change?

The Mayans had it right. If you�re going to predict the future, it�s best to aim far beyond your life expectancy, lest you wind up red-faced in a bunker overstocked with Spam and ammo.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A

BTW - it is God's Bible.

I don't have to re-read anything I wrote - it is all above and I know full well what I have said. Also obvious there are your sad attempts to manipulate and deceive - I think self-belittling to what otherwise may be a very talented - and maybe interesting - person.

When you define your "Christian Bible" accurately, and show it to be the same as - or different from - God's Bible, I may become interested in connections.

Look how far you've regressed.

You won't even express your position regarding what is, or is not, "God's Bible", or express a relationship between "God's Bible" and Christianity.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by Bigbuck215

TF

So if God put you two guys in charge, what would you change?

Nah, God is too wise to do something so foolish as that.

On of man's and "my" sins is to elevate my opinion or desire above that of God's. Have to remind myself all the time that He is God and I am not and I need to listen to Him, not just do what pops into my mind.

I also have had to learn not to second guess and not to "judge" His actions. I have found that when I do, I find myself to be wrong.

TF

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by Ken Howell
An outstanding irony here is that
(a) logic can neither discredit God, define God, prove God, nor disprove God
but
(b) accepting God and His word (completely without understanding) will lift you into the highest realms of logic.

(No, I won't argue the point! Got better things to do than try to turn boulders into mush. It's a fact as real and true and obvious and unarguable as the Pacific Ocean.)

Yes but... Romans 1:19-21 ... Men may choose not to believe and even say that God had not "proven" Himself to them, but they will be found without excuse.

TF

btw... honestly, I have never met and visited with an atheist. Even those that claimed to be atheists were in fact some breed of agnostic.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
My friend, there is no proof either way. It is a faith issue, either yo have it or you don't. Each person has to decide for themselves.

My wife had a difficult pregnancy and when the child, a girl was born the hospital told my wife to take her home and enjoy her as she would live a couple of weeks at the most. Her lungs were not developed, she had a large hole in her heart that was never going to close and she tested positive for Down syndrome. My wife called her church and asked for prayers then she called her mom and dad and asked then to do the same with their church.

When the little girl was three she was taken to Vancouver BC Children's Hospital and retested and again the test was positive.

When she was thirteen she went back for the same testing and the tests were negative. The results and tissue samples are still there. Later tests found her heart to be normal.

She had to work hard in school, harder than most for her As and Bs but she went on to collage.

Today at 40 she is a district manager for the company she works for.

I hugged her last night before we left to return to the farm for a week. I believe. I see more proof than I ever need whenever I hug her of talk to her.

Show me another child who has ever been healed of Down syndrome.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Actually that question was intended for Steelhead and 4ager.

I'm looking forward to their answer and will forward it to God.

The Mayans had it right. If you�re going to predict the future, it�s best to aim far beyond your life expectancy, lest you wind up red-faced in a bunker overstocked with Spam and ammo.

Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

190 members (1_deuce, 300_savage, 204guy, 10gaugemag, 260Remguy, 24 invisible), 1,757 guests, and 1,021 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,747
Posts18,495,204
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.