Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
B
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
B
I know a lot of this has been gone over, I've read the threads as they came up because I was mildly interested, but now I'm really interested and may very well take the plunge.

Would like to get a 300 blackout SBR, with a can. I've googled and read a bunch online, but would like to hear what the 'campfire has to say. Looking for feedback from them that either have them, or are familiar with them.

Obviously this ain't going to be cheap, but price is certainly a consideration. Would like to hear recommendations on brands and bbl lengths. From what I've been reading it seems like a 9" upper might be the way to go? Thought about building one, but having not built one before and this being a finicky bastard according to some I figured I'd just buy a ready made upper.

Thank you

MAGA
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
You gonna run sub and supersonic? That seems to be an issue for some. I wouldn't see the sense in going supersonic, but that's me.

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
B
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
B
Would like the ability to do both, but primarily sub.

MAGA
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Build it sub, run it sub.

When you want super, get a better super round.

Just my take on it.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Yup keep it sub and simple.

Eat Fish, Wear Grundens, Drink Alaskan.
IC B2

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by rost495
Build it sub, run it sub.

When you want super, get a better super round.

Just my take on it.

Good advice.

[Linked Image]

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
I wonder if you can set them up so that they will cycle subsonic with a suppressor and function fine without a suppressor and supersonic ammunition? Then the trouble is you need one of those Eocraps made for the BO with two dots in it.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
scope with knobs takes care of anything....

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Cycling and optics are secondary issues.

The first question you should be asking yourself is, what am I going to use this for?

That will dictate the specs of the rifle.

Why would anyone want to shoot the .300BO supersonic out of a 9" bbl?

Having answered that, form follows function.

[Linked Image]

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I have a Noveske 10.5 upper that I leave my suppressor on. I shoot subs ad supers. Deer die both ways. My farm is in suburbia and noise reduction is pretty good with the suppressor on shooting supers. The rifle feeds , ejects, locks on last load regardless of the round, sub or super.

IC B3

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
Use/have used several Noveske's, AAC's and a Honey Badger or two. They all run subs and supers without issue.

I am not sure why people act like supersonic ammo is a stupid idea in a 300 BO but it can only be from ignorance or misunderstanding. It's a system, and the ability to shoot subsonics and ammo with 300+ meter range by just switching mags is huge if you need subsonics. Subs are the niche, supers are the mainstay.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
That makes sense, if somebody has a need to do both.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Is there really any need for the extra expense of a SBR now that the Sig brace is available?

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Y
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Y
Originally Posted by jimmyp
I wonder if you can set them up so that they will cycle subsonic with a suppressor and function fine without a suppressor and supersonic ammunition?

Sometimes I wonder if people here live in a cave.

Sub and super, suppressed or not, is how the 300 BLK AR platform is meant to be set up. A gun that won't run under some of those conditions, with no changes, isn't set up "as designed".

To the OP - easy button is a 9" AAC upper. They do cost a bit more, but are very light weight and good quality, and since it was AAC that pioneered the standardization of the round and it's "dual purpose" nature, you know it'll be set up right.

BTW, the easy way to play while you wait for the SBR stamp is to build it as a pistol, then just add a stock when the stamp is approved. Like many others, you may decide the stock and SBR paperwork aren't necessary anyway. I left mine as a pistol, and run it with the buffer on my shoulder same as if it had a stock.

Last edited by Yondering; 12/19/14.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
You could give me an AAC. But I'd just sell it.

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
Originally Posted by deflave
Is there really any need for the extra expense of a SBR now that the Sig brace is available?

Travis

Honestly.... No. While being able to change buttstocks is nice and I prefer the "feel", the Sig Brace (especially V2) is functionally the same. And it has the benefit of being legally a pistol... CCW etc.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Why would you build a SBR ($200 tax stamp) and use a can (another $200), when you can build a pistol with the can in the float tube and a Sig Arm Brace and only pay tax on the can?

http://www.sigsauer.com/CatalogProductDetails/p516-10-pistol-with-sb15-pistol-stabilizing-brace.aspx

“Live free or die. Death is not the worst of evils.” - General
John Stark.
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
One other thing about subsonics that I have noticed is if you want to hit things the size of beer cans, you gotta have your dope dialed in just about as well as you would your 22LR.

You can kiss that "hold on fur" schit good-bye.

Whatever that's worth.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
The quietest version will be a bolt or break action gun. I threaded a 30-30 handy rifle and it shoots subsonics very well and is quiet.

Of course the AR is plenty fun. I have only shot this poor coyote with mine but the 220 subsonic does not impart the hydraulic shock like a 223 does.

[Linked Image]

NRA Life Member
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by Formidilosus
Use/have used several Noveske's, AAC's and a Honey Badger or two. They all run subs and supers without issue.

I am not sure why people act like supersonic ammo is a stupid idea in a 300 BO but it can only be from ignorance or misunderstanding. It's a system, and the ability to shoot subsonics and ammo with 300+ meter range by just switching mags is huge if you need subsonics. Subs are the niche, supers are the mainstay.

I didn't say shooting supersonics out of the .300blk was stupid, I questioned a 9" bbl if one intends to shoot supersonics much.

The fact you think a .300blk has a 300 meter range with a 9" bbl is interesting. Most of us here live in the real world, not the faux tacticool world.

A supersonic .300blk round out of a 9" bbl is barely above subsonic at 300 yards. I realize you've probably never killed a large mammal with a subsonic in your life, but advocating a 125g bullet for use at or around subsonic velocity, at that range, is ignorant and foolish.

[Linked Image]

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

71 members (14idaho, 907brass, 44automag, 10gaugemag, 308xray, 11 invisible), 1,496 guests, and 821 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,387
Posts18,469,723
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.