Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
W
Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
Standing at the license bureau, waiting to buy all my trailer tags, I read the poster on organ donation.

It sounds a bit gruesome, and I've been listed as a donor for years now, but I guess I feel a little attached to my organs.

I'm still willing to let someone get any use they might after I'm done with them.

Any thoughts?

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
GB1

O
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
O
My brother died from aneurysm twelve years ago and the fellow that got his heart is still going strong,we had a meet and greet and he was a real nice guy.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
its about the only good thing that came out of one of my cousin's dieing in a wreck....IIRC he got to help 12 different people through it....

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
K
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
K
My wife has had one of these for two years

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ventricular_assist_device

If she can now remain cancer free ( oh yeah she's had a carcinoid lung tumor, melanoma, and stage III thyroid cancer) for another year or two she might, just Mebbe, be a candidate for transplant. The melanoma is the one that scares the transplant surgeons.

She developed cardiomyopathy as a result of the flu in 1993. Her heart finally played out as we knew it would.

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E

Organ donations can make even an unmitigated, congenital A-hole's last act on earth one of kindness.

Last edited by eyeball; 12/19/14.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If those pieces parts can do somebody some good why not? Ain't gonna be of any further use to me, that's for sure. Getting parted out is sorta gruesome if you dwell on it but not so gruesome as gutting and cutting up a deer. Faced that when my dad died, I was the guy in charge. He felt the same way but there was a mix up between the hospital and the funeral home and it never happened. That was sad, knowing something good for someone was going to come of it was comforting.

The key elements in human thinking are not numbers but labels of fuzzy sets. -- L. Zadeh

Which explains a lot.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by eyeball

Organ donations can make even an unmitigated, congenital A-hole's last act on earth one of kindness.

That my friends is exactly why I signed up. wink

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I've always been an organ doner. My wife also knows if I'm brain dead or just being kept on life support and will never recover to start lining up the parting out crew. Sometimes one life is worth it for a chance for the hopes of saving somebody else, even in this screwed up world.

Last edited by Joel/AK; 12/19/14.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
When I checked they told me my family would have to pay for the surgery to remove my organs. Until then I had it checked on my DL. Maybe one of you folks can correct me.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
There isn't much demand for a holes but you have a good heart.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
IC B3

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
I would love to be able to donate any of my organs that might be useable upon my death. My body is contaminated with Agent Orange and my organs are not donateable.

I will however donate all the pianos they can find.

Beware of thieves, scammers and dishonest members on the "Fire" classifieds. Ya there is a thief here too. Whatever!!

They're all around the CampFire and everywhere.
E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
The heart of a 16 yr old wreck victim gave my bud an extra 12 good ones and he's still kickin.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by wabigoon

Any thoughts?

In todays modern society, in peace time, there are very few deeds one can do that are noble.

Organ donation is one.

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by eyeball
There isn't much demand for a holes but you have a good heart.

Don't know why not. It is a perfectly good a hole only ever used in one direction and no inflamed hemorrhoids.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by MissouriEd
I would love to be able to donate any of my organs that might be useable upon my death. My body is contaminated with Agent Orange and my organs are not donateable.

I will however donate all the pianos they can find.

I was told the same thing because I was given the first gen anthrax shots (full series) back in the early 90's. I figure worse case, they can take my ass and ship it to al sharpton so he can kiss it. Otherwise I will let the docs decide if something is usable. I was told I can't donate blood but that was over 20 years ago. Who knows.

Last edited by Joel/AK; 12/19/14.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'm pretty attached to my organs....for now

when I'm dead if anyone can use anything, help yourself

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Ringman
When I checked they told me my family would have to pay for the surgery to remove my organs. Until then I had it checked on my DL. Maybe one of you folks can correct me.

Not around here.

Research Gift of Life.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by wabigoon
Standing at the license bureau, waiting to buy all my trailer tags, I read the poster on organ donation.

It sounds a bit gruesome, and I've been listed as a donor for years now, but I guess I feel a little attached to my organs.

I'm still willing to let someone get any use they might after I'm done with them.

Any thoughts?

the daughter of one of my best friends just received kidneys and pancreas from a donor. Her transplant operation was in St Louis, yesterday.
Thanks to the kindness of a stranger, this wonderful lady will continue to live.
I have been a donor for many years, and will always be on the list. Organ donation is the greatest gift one can give.

Sam......

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I know a 13 year old girl and a 12 year old girl who would not be alive today with out organ donation

that is al I need to know...

The worst thing ever to happen to cops is the personal video recorder... Now people can see the truth
S
sse Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Make no mistake...the program is inspired and allows untold benefits. But, beware...when the paperwork is signed and the time comes, I've heard horror stories of next of kin getting the cold shoulder in dealing with the agencies, with no recourse. No-one needs drama at the loss of a loved one. Seems better to tell loved ones what your wishes are and what to do, as opposed to giving an agency unfettered power.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

71 members (35, 257_X_50, afisher, alffe, 6mmCreedmoor, 7 invisible), 837 guests, and 823 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,977
Posts18,519,915
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.