Print Thread
Hop To
A
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
http://www.ammoland.com/2014/12/200...n-control-group-in-secret/#axzz3MPNBoiq2

200 Anonymous State Democratic Lawmakers Are Organizing a Gun Control Group in Secret

ELLEVUE, WA --(Ammoland.com)- Nearly 200 anonymous (for now) state Democrat lawmakers have formed a gun control group in order to attack gun rights in our states. They are calling themselves American State Legislators for Gun Violence Prevention (ASLGVP).

Their reason for forming the anti-gun coalition is because of the lack of success by Congress to deteriorate our gun rights at the federal level. Now they are taking matters into their own hands by attacking gun rights in each of our states.

Their founder, Brian Kavanagh (D-NY), has proposed anti-gun legislation such as limiting gun owners to one purchase every 30 days, mandatory 10-day waiting periods before being able to accept a firearm, banning .50-cal rifles and ammo, and many more. This is what we have to look forward to from this group.

Second Amendment Foundation (SAF) has become one of the biggest names in protecting gun rights by challenging anti-gun laws in the courts from coast to coast. You can bet the Second Amendment Foundation will be there to protect your rights from the wave of new anti-gun laws headed to your state.

We are not guessing this coalition was formed because Congress did not get anti-gun legislation passed, they are being open about it:

Their founder, Brian Kavanagh (D-NY), said, �We�ve come together in recognition of the essential role state legislators must play, whether or not Congress chooses to act, in reducing gun violence.�

Another member, Senator Jose R. Rodriguez (D-TX) said, �Given Congress�s inability to enact sensible, commonsense laws, this coalition promises to provide legislators an avenue to share effective ways to reduce gun violence.�

New gun control groups never use the words �gun control�. They have learned that the public buys into their message quicker when they hide their agenda behind the words �reduce gun violence� or �gun violence prevention�.

It would be easier for all of us if their mission statement included their true agenda which is �we are going after your gun rights�. ASLGVP includes all of the correct vocabulary in their goals, like �reducing gun violence�, yet their founder has introduced many anti-gun bills that have nothing to do with reducing gun violence.

When have you heard of a 50 caliber rifle being used in a mass shooting? How will restricting a law abiding gun owner to the purchase of one firearm per month prevent gun violence? Do not let their calculated diction fool you, they are after our firearms and they are headed to our states.

One report said that the group had not yet published a list of members over concerns about �political backlash.� If these state lawmakers are worried about political backlash back home, they must have good reason for that.

Frankly, elected officials promoting an agenda to erode state and federal constitutional rights, as members of a New York-based group whose roster is apparently secret, ought to expect some political backlash.

They failed to pressure Congress, so now the strategy is to attack gun rights at the state level, where presumably members of this new anti-gun lawmakers� group will push their gun control agenda through the state legislatures

Second Amendment Foundation lawsuits have overturned laws not only in Washington D.C., but in several states including Illinois, California, North Carolina, New Mexico, Nebraska, and cities like San Francisco, Seattle, Des Moines and New Haven, among others. Threats of Second Amendment Foundation lawsuits have removed well over 200 anti-gun-rights laws across the country as well as stopping hundreds more from being enacted.

Gun owners in all 50 states deserve to know, before legislative sessions begin next month, which lawmakers in their states will be pushing this new group�s agenda.

Private lobbying organizations might expect to have some degree of privacy but when an organization consists of elected public officials, there must be complete transparency. The public deserves to know who belongs to this organization, and who is providing financial support.

his might take a Second Amendment Foundation freedom of information suit to get this information public.

Without you, all our doors would be closed and who knows what rights we would have left.

Thank you. I know I can count on you.

Sincerely yours,

Alan M. Gottlieb
Founder
Second Amendment Foundation
P.S. Remember, the anti-gunners are raising hundreds of thousands of dollars to steal our rights from us � we need your support now to help stop them dead in their tracks!

To send a check, please mail to:
Second Amendment Foundation
James Madison Building
Dept Code 250
12500 NE 10th Place
Bellevue, WA 98005

The Second Amendment Foundation (www.SAF.org) is the nation�s oldest and largest tax-exempt education, research, publishing and legal action group focusing on the Constitutional right and heritage to privately own and possess firearms. Founded in 1974, The Foundation has grown to more than 650,000 members and supporters and conducts many programs designed to better inform the public about the consequences of gun control.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I've heard of that group from the NRA. The chit is coming.

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Somebody please define, "reducing gun violence" for me.

LOL
A
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by Fireball2

It's code for confiscating all firearms.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Fireball2

A red herring for implementing totalitarian government.

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
you bet your ass their hiding, they will never go away.

It's like when your kids are all of the sudden being very quite, you know something is wrong and you'd better go check the only difference is you kids are not trying to destroy you or a way of life.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
It's what Washington state voters want anyways. Hell, 85% of the state wasn't against I594

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Think about how safe we'll feel after all the 50cal's are off the streets..fuggin morons

H
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
H
As far as I'm concerned, they're the very harbingers of the violence, and they spend tax dollars in doing so. (Create the problem, then come to the "rescue")

If they'd lock up thieves and thugs, instead of giving them EBT cards, they wouldn't be able to get rolling papers, booze, and go out and steal a gun.
If they made restitution part of locking them up, there would at least be something created, except a thug that's even worse.

I'd also be real happy if each of these secret members died in a single car accident or get a nasty stage of terminal cancer, or choke on some food, so they'd understand what real epidemics are...

I'm sick of "lawyers" and "lawmakers" that have created depravity, then piss and moan about their own little messes.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

582 members (22250rem, 1936M71, 007FJ, 10Glocks, 160user, 1beaver_shooter, 62 invisible), 2,474 guests, and 1,299 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,479
Posts18,490,020
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.