Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Teal, i respect ALL hunters. I personally wouldnt want to hunt like that. I tried it. It didnt work for me then, and it was all i could do to sit still and try to remain interested. I respect that people make it work for them and that it works. Many people post trail cam pics and talk of age of the deer and such. Here, in my location, its not about that. Its about killing a buck.

For you, it may be different, and i respect that. If a guy has 25 12 hour days to hunt, i am jealous as hell. I dont get to hunt anywhere near that much. laugh

I just mean the vicious attacks on a man's character based on what he asks and other such topics. I use my dislike for stand hunting as an example and nothing else.

30-06 till i die, the greatest round ever!

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy!

CEO of a Turdlike People: Turds & Tats Division... (per Ingwe grin )

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
I ain't fighting anyone to the death over a difference of opinion.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by heavywalker

Me either, but the right to HAVE one other than another's.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

I noticed that, too....in the OP. EVERYBODY would be dead if they thought like that. But I think I got his meaning.

Sent from my Dingleberry Handheld Wireless
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
It's an example of all the blowhardedness here lately. Suddenly it's cool to complain about how there are no threads of substance (while not bothering to start one) and how everybody nowadays is so mean to each other (while commenting on how you just don't think other guys are as hardcore as you).

The Fire might not be as friendly, but it makes up for it in hypocrisy.

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by 257heaven
Originally Posted by poboy
The ironicalness is lost on some.

That can't be a real word!

Only when trying to cheat at Scrabble. laugh

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by 4ager
Aptly put. Words of wisdom and due consideration.
THIS!

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

All I know is I just poured my first whiskey and coke....and somebody is going to get his azz ripped tonight! Dammit!

laugh

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

All I know is I just poured my first whiskey and coke....and somebody is going to get his azz ripped tonight! Dammit!

laugh

Which brings up another point.....Anybody else dismiss more late at night and especially late at night on the weekends because you know that guy is probably drinking?? What really disturbs me is when I see that kind of schitt going on in the morning on a weekday and I can be pretty sure they're sober.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
I'm a happy drunk but a terrible morning person. Screw you for judging me.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Blue, i have to admit, i am surprised at your responses here. I never had any intention of trying to sound "harder core" than anyone else, i used tree stand hunting as an example of my personal opinion on a topic, and many attack me on it and call me "shallow douche bag" ?

I used an example. Reflecting my own personal opinion on a topic. This was not an attack on anyone. Simply my take on a subject.

Strangely, i have asked many questions in the AR forum where one might consider me to be a total imbecile. YOU have been a consummate gentleman in your responses, and i thank you for it. Here, in this thread though, i cant see your point. Many members here have called me worse than retarded, and i am still trying my best to make myself better. I work hard at being a better person. I hope that many here will stop attacking others based on their personal opinions.

Its not right. I can respectfully disagree, but i will not be calling you any names over it.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Oh the arguments I could start if I could type with more than two fingers.

The time it takes to write a post doesn't make it worth it. smirk

I could wish a lot of things on my worst enemy but neuropathy ain't one of them.
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
I'm a happy drunk but a terrible morning person. Screw you for judging me.

laugh

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
For the record I had a JD(double) and green tea earlier.

Pretty frikken manly drink.

Thought it was glass of water and poured some whiskey in it, took a swig and damn.....WTF is that?!

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
You do what works for the area you're hunting. Come down south and hunt like you do in Oregon and you'll be wasting your time, the deer will dive into thickets and you'll never see them as you walk all over the woods. Likewise if I came to Oregon and hunted the way I do down south I'd probably be wasting my time. The problem is that people can't seem to get it through their heads that the way they do things in their area doesn't work everywhere else. There's a lot of the attitude of "those stupid lazy southerners don't know how to hunt because they hunt out of treestands" exhibited on the 'fire by many of the western hunters and it gets old. The statement of "No, they sat on their azz and shot deer they knew would be there" shows just such an attitude and lack of knowledge. Nobody down here "knows" where a given deer will be, it doesn't work that way with our whitetails. We hunt that way because that's what works. A friend of mine killed a B&C buck that had been living on his land all his life as evidenced by his yearly sheds and that buck had never been seen until the day my friend killed him, the buck was 6.5 years old and had been living within shouting distance of his house the whole time. For the most part our deer are nocturnal, your best chance is when they slip up during the rut. Thinking that you're going to pattern a big buck off of a game camera in Mississippi well enough to get a shot in daylight is extremely naive.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Sam;
Speaking of why..... I'm glad to read you mistook the green tea for water. laugh

That said, as of late I've been experimenting with adding warm, filtered drinking water - enough to reduce the alcohol content to roughly 30% or so and have found it's easier to taste the nuances in flavor.

Incidentally I learned that from a Master Distiller chap on a Scotch imbibing site and as far as I could ascertain he wasn't kidding???? confused

Now to be clear, in the spirit of the thread I'll defend your right to mix corn liquor with green tea, but may not join you in that lifestyle choice ..... laugh

Merry Christmas Sam - it's always nice to exchange pleasantries with you my cyber friend.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

A
add Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by SamOlson
For the record I had a JD(double) and green tea earlier.

Pretty frikken manly drink.

Thought it was glass of water and poured some whiskey in it, took a swig and damn.....WTF is that?!

Give it a name and sell the idea to an upscale restaurant franchise to be used in their bar.

Epstein didn't kill himself.

"Play Cinnamon Girl you Sonuvabitch!"

Biden didn't win the election.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by ironeagle_84

Personally, i cant understand why people sit in trees and shoot deer they have patterned on several game cameras and talk about how hard they hunted. No, they sat on their azz and shot deer they knew would be there.

Because I have 40 acres to hunt for white tailed deer. No baiting allowed in MN (which I am happy about) and running around in circles on my 40 acres would be much less productive for me, although probably would make my neighbors happy.

I don't use game cams on the property I hunt though.

wink

Smartass reply aside, I have still-hunted several decent deer on my property, but conditions usually don't make that a viable option.

add #9440370 12/20/14
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Dwayne, it was an honest mistake. No self-respecting man would purposefully dump whiskey in green tea!

add, it actually wasn't bad. Told my wife it's a health drink!

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
You are right. Years ago i started a thread about stand hunting. It was a slaughter on me.

I learned a lot from that thread. I was using that as an example of what i learned. I know that the time of year, rut conditions, wind, leaves on the tree, deer movement, or total lack thereof, and many other factors add up to a successful hunt from a tree.

I simply do what works for me, and as i said before, i know i made many mistakes that lead people to think little of me, but i am moving on with myself.

I just want to ask questions without people bashing, and state my own experiences without the crapstorm that follows on many threads. Mickey was a true gentleman, and i hope to be more like him.

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

533 members (10gaugeman, 12344mag, 10Glocks, 160user, 1936M71, 007FJ, 67 invisible), 2,499 guests, and 1,253 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,445
Posts18,489,603
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.