Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I just saw a Fox News commercial (on another Dish channel) which goes out of their way to state at the very end that "Fox News is NOT available on Dish Network".

How F@#$%^& childish.

I understand free enterprise but the way these two are treating the consumer as pawns in their chess game is pathetic.

Think I'll change to DirecTV and MSNBC. laugh

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Give them a call first FG. Say that to Dish. See what they say.

Report back of course. Lots of Dish customers feeling the same way you do.
I could care less when CNN was off the air last month. Fox is different.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Wtxj

I could care less when CNN was off the air last month. Fox is different.

I didn't even know it was off until folks started posting about the Fox News dispute. LOL

When I call Dish it won't be to bitch, it'll be to tell em I switched to DTV and come and get your chit off my house.

I know there's a mass exodus from Dish to DTV right now so I'll wait until the dust settles a little after the new year and then switch.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
No company is in business to not make money or up their profits. If Fox thinks they can get more money, thats what they are gonna do.

There is no way to coexist no matter how many bumper stickers there are on Subaru bumpers!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
This can do nothing but cost DISH huge amounts of money and customers. Have to wonder the wisdom of such a call.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Fox Sports channel is still on DISH.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Hawk_Driver
No company is in business to not make money or up their profits. If Fox thinks they can get more money, thats what they are gonna do.

I understand that and I'm not blaming Fox.
I just think they're both being childish dix about it.
With Dish being the biggest dick because they're not living up to an agreement they made with me, and which BTW, I'm paying them for.
Certainly not the end of the world but an annoyance none the less.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Barkoff
This can do nothing but cost DISH huge amounts of money and customers. Have to wonder the wisdom of such a call.

Not.

This is nothing more than contract negations and will end soon.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Direct TV has done the same thing...

Nov. 2014-- 7 Turner channels
Sept 2014-- Raycom
2013-- ABC
2012-- Viacom

and the list goes on-&-on!

Old Turd- Deplorable- Unrepentant Murderer- Domestic Violent Extremist

Just "Campfire Riffraff and Trash"

This will be my last post! Flave 1/3/21
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger

Yea,,,, I read that 3600 people switched the first day.
Course that was internet gossip but it wouldn't surprise me.

The loser in this will obviously be Dish but FOX running ads that take cheap shots doesn't do much for my opinion of them either.
That's something I'd expect from the politicians they're constantly berating.
Hypocrisy ???

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by FieldGrade

The loser in this will obviously be Dish but FOX running ads that take cheap shots doesn't do much for my opinion of them either.
Hypocrisy ???

I just read DISH has well over 14 million subscribers, 3600 isn't going to hurt much.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 700LH

Not.

Well it has to, but in the meantime how many are jumping to the competitor? I'm betting thousands.

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Fox Sports channel is still on DISH.

Currently, Fox Sports channel is on a separate Dish contract. Fox wants to bundle it (along with other channels) in with a Fox News contract...............because it gives them more leverage for their lesser viewed programming.

Other negotiations for these lesser viewed offerings is to attempt to get them on the "standard" customer packages. That provides a larger potential viewership than being attached to an "add on" option for customers.

On the other hand, if these lesser viewed channels are included in a "standard" package........a larger percentage of customers get hit with an increase even though they don't view these channels.

Which is why there aren't any "ala cart" options.

Yep. Well..............."soon" being relative.

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G

Well it has to, but in the meantime how many are jumping to the competitor? I'm betting thousands.

And thousands will jump from DirecTV to Dish when successive years payments rise.

'Twas ever thus.......

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by FieldGrade

Hypocrisy ???

I just read DISH has well over 14 million subscribers, 3600 isn't going to hurt much.

I misquoted that,,,, it was 3600 the first "hour", but again, I can't verify sooooo????

None of us know the actual financial repercussions for either company so all that's BS anyway.
One thing's clear though. Neither one of em give a chit about the consumer and I'll remember that every time I hear one of Fox's anchors tell us how they couldn't do it without the viewers. Dish I'll deal with a little differently .

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
The way I understand it Dish and DTV are owned by the same parent company. Playing one against the other doesn't work. When I wanted to renegotiate my contract I tried and I got nothing out of trying it. When I called back and told them I was switching to cable it was a whole different ballgame.

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
If there was really a free market you would be able to choose your programming much like a cafeteria plan. Meaning you would get to pick and choose the programs you would like to purchase instead do having to buy "packaged" programming. Currently you now subsidize lesser chosen programs in the packages.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
I've always wondered why it is illegal to offer it as such? At least with Dish I can set up my own guide so I don't have to scroll through the bs channels.

Wish it was set up so you could pick which channels you wanted and pay accordingly.

MAGA
L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
I'll bet there is a law that was passed and I'll also bet was written with the help of some lobbyist that only had our best interest at heart.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Oklahomahunter
The way I understand it Dish and DTV are owned by the same parent company.

I've often wondered about that, and it wouldn't surprise me, but just like the customer numbers above it's just internet gossip until someone comes up with some verifiable facts.

Originally Posted by lynntelk
I'll bet there is a law that was passed and I'll also bet was written with the help of some lobbyist that only had our best interest at heart.

No bet.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

569 members (007FJ, 10gaugeman, 10Glocks, 1936M71, 1lessdog, 1Longbow, 62 invisible), 2,170 guests, and 1,158 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,670
Posts18,493,728
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.