Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
W
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
W
It might seem a fellow needs one for every purpose.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
GB1

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
12 " flatbottom.
6 hp 4 stroke
30 lb electric trolling motor.

Just enough room for two adults, or me and two boys.
For the high mountain lake, ponds and slow rivers around here it's just right.
No trailer, it fits in the back of my Toyota P.U.
It may not look like muck, but I can launch it anywhere I can get near water, no ramp necessary.
Since I got it last July, I have boated about 150 Trout, half a Dz smallmouths and 1 squawfish..

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

MOLON LABE
T
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
T
12.5' 1968 Montgomery Wards SeaKing semi vee. Either my 1964 Chrysler 4.4 horse for small lakes that we troll or a 1994 15 horse Evinrude for rivers or big lakes we may need to outrun the weather on.
[Linked Image]
Little boat catches the heck out of trout[Linked Image]
And salmon too![Linked Image]

W
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
W
A friend in our little 14 foot Appleby.
Light weight, and welded some, but she does not leak.

The Appleby boats were made in Lebanon, Missouri.
Appleby's son-in-law was named Lowe. [Linked Image]

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I fish New River in WV & VA so I need a boat for swift & shallow water. I also fish Smith Mountain Lake, VA so I need a boat with a little room. My choice was a Lowe's 1648 with a 25 HP Johnson. I use a remote controlled trolling motor I can operate from the rear seat.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

IC B2

N
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
N
1978 Ski Nautique (skiing and tubing)
12 aluminum starcraft/6hp tohatsu for fishing
14" Ray Green rascal daysailor
Two 12" Kayacks for paddling about.

When my 6 year old leaves for college, the Nautique will go into storage and me and the Mrs hope to get a 30-35' to sail about for a year or three.

The collection of taxes which are not absolutely required, which do not beyond reasonable doubt contribute to public welfare, is only a species of legalized larceny. Under this Republic the rewards of industry belong to those who earn them. Coolidge
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
For public lakes, 2002 Tracker Pro Deep V17.

[Linked Image]

For putzing around on the lease, this little pontoon is fun though not very fast.

[Linked Image]

I would like to find a little 2 man bass buggy or jon boat or similar for fishing with the kids. Gonna have to watch craigslist this winter.

The Savage 99 Pocket Reference”.
All models and variations of 1895’s, 1899’s and 99’s covered.
Also dates, checkering, engraving.. Find at www.savagelevers.com
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
[Linked Image]

Hobie 14' Pro Angler. The "motor" is that pedal drive you see. Truly walking on water.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
My little 12x36 alumacraft with 36# minn Kota sees a lot of use for the muskie rivers [Linked Image]

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
KY

How do you fit a muskie and 2 people in that boat? ;-) I've had pike jump out of canoes and boats; I rather doubt that a muskie would sit around waiting to see what develops?

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
As for my boats, 2 canoes, a 14' Lund S-20 with a 35hp on it; an Alumacraft Trophy 19.5 with a dead 115 hp and bow mount trolling motor - like Creeker with a remote control; a 14ft duck boat, and a 16 ft Johnson X sailboat.

The magic number of boats needed is N +1 where N is the number you have now!

The wife says the magic number is N - 1. .

I will be building several cedar strip canoes, at least one duck boat, and maybe a runabout type boat in the next couple of years when I finish building a house.

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Not sure what you mean forpest? Why would we put a muskie in the boat?

Catch, photo release man. Same way you do it on the lakes. Net the fish. Leave the net over the side of the boat with the lunge in the water. Unhook him. Lift him up for a quick pic and turn him loose. The muskie never comes into the boat.

Here's the only pic I have that semi describes it. We do the same thing in the jon boat when we fish the rivers

Buddy netted the fish. Unhooked her while she was in the water. Quick photo and back in she goes
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
[Linked Image]

W
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
W
This canoe is not real, but, like I said, a fellow can't seem to have to many, and I do have fun with it. [Linked Image]

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
[Linked Image]

Hobie 14' Pro Angler. The "motor" is that pedal drive you see. Truly walking on water.

Just couldn't give up those pedals could ya!.. Style points for the nose art! grin

You better be afraid of a ghost!!

"Woody you were baptized in prop wash"..crossfireoops

Woody
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I may start calling it the Floating Tiger...

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I have a discovery 158 old town for canoe camping and fishing, 12' hydra canoe I duck hunt out of and a hand built frame and canvas canoe my high school math teacher gave me a couple of years ago that he built Iin the 60s.

My favorite is my 1546 alumacraft drop deck (prop) tunnel hull. When my 1974 model evinrude 15 hp ( born the same year as my wife but gives 1/64th the trouble) is mounted its my river boat but when I run the lakes I mount a 1986 evinrude 30 hp on it. I have a minnkota 55# terrova I pilot up front. Its really light but is a all welded boat. I love it.

My next purchase will probably be a native pedal drive kayak. They have reverse! Yes,,, you do need one for every purpose.

Eating fried chicken and watermelon since 1972.

You tell me how I ought to be, yet you don't even know your own sexuality,, the philosopher,,, you know so much about nothing at all. Chuck Schuldiner
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
O yeah, a final attack boat blind. Almost forgot.

Eating fried chicken and watermelon since 1972.

You tell me how I ought to be, yet you don't even know your own sexuality,, the philosopher,,, you know so much about nothing at all. Chuck Schuldiner
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
KY:

Been away for a while. I have to get used to the new way of doing things. . My experience has been with big pike up to the mid-80's. No catch and release - hook em , land em and cooke em. A landing net was needed to avoid getting a hook in the hand. I got to perform surgery on a friend with a jack knife to get a lure out of his hand. Didn't know the mono line trick then. I would not want to use a cradle from a canoe, but would like to try a flat bottom net. Round bottom nets surely didn't mellow them out. I have had pike jump out of a canoe. .

Keep after those muskies. . Teach them that it is safe to eat and run!

It sucks to be old!

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
I do a lot of hunting and fishing lakes and rivers. I need a boat that can do it all. The boat has to have a payload large enough for 4 men, gear, and enough room to bring the deer back. It also needs to be able to have a shallow draft of 6 to 8 inches to run the rivers for trout and also be stable in deep lakes. I have had canoes and small jon boats and they did ok for what I needed them to do, they just didn't do what I want to do safely. The canoe and small jons were terrible on the lake and didn't have the payload for hunting. I found the G3 1860 CCT Deluxe and it does everything I want it to. I hunt and fish lakes and rivers with this boat and the experience is so much better with this boat. I love my G3.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

335 members (007FJ, 160user, 1lesfox, 10Glocks, 10ring1, 12344mag, 26 invisible), 1,944 guests, and 1,101 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,391
Posts18,469,848
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.