Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Gary O Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
As you can see from my previous posts I am new to the AR world. I live in Kalifornistan and am building up my first rifle useing an OLL from MMC. I thought I might go with a kit from Model "1" Sales and am looking for some opinions from folks that have actual experience with these build kits. Thanks...
Gary O

Gary

Never underestimate the likelihood that the Republicans will cave...
GB1

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
check out AR15.com there are probably several peole there who have used them.

I have only used RRA lower parts kit, and was pleased with it.

Whatever you are willing to put up with, is exactly what you will have.

When your ship comes in. ... make sure you are willing to unload it.

PAYPAL, sucks and I will never use them again. I recommend you do the same.
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
I have heard mixed reviews on Model 1. In a general sense with AR parts like anything else you get what you pay for. So all else being as it is you may have some issues but then you may not. Remember Model 1 is like many of the other higher priced parts houses they do not make anything they are a waerhouse type operation and bid/buy from the same manufactures as the other places, mil spec is only a set of standards that parts must meet for a government contractor. Many times parts lots are refused by the big name contractors due to paper work errors, rather than acctual spec problems. They say their stuff is mil spec, so it should go togeather with any other mil spec parts. they buy the overruns or other surplus parts and so get a better price that is then passed to the consumer.

Declaration of Independance, in ENGLISH
U.S. Constitution, in ENGLISH
U.S. Bill of Rights, in ENGLISH
If you cannot or don't want to learn ENGLISH, go back to the third world cesspool you came from
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Their barrels are good, their upper receivers are good, I would not use their lower parts kit.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Dog catcher can you go into more detail on the Model 1 LPK? Whats wrong with them? out of spec what?need details man

If you cannot or don't want to learn ENGLISH, go back to the third world cesspool you came from
IC B2

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
The kit I bought had an out of spec hammer, and the spring inside the hammer broke. Also, the sear was very rough. Ended up replacing the hammer, trigger, and disco with Bushmaster. That only leaves the little parts from the original kit.

Go with a DPMS or RRA LPK. Bushy is good but more money.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Ok that answers my question as to why you do not like Model 1 LPK's you had a bad experiance with 1 hammer and spring. FWIW I always do a little stoning on a new sear, hammer, trigger, and check the springs all makers have a bad part get through QC once in a while. Now if you can say you know of multiple examples of out of spec parts or weak springs or poorly finishes parts that would be differant.

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Had a buddy that bought a M1 lower kit and his selector detent was too big, and his disconnect was bad too. Also his selector itself had to be sanded down with emery cloth to fit the hole in the lower.

Why anyone wouldn't spring the extra $10 and get a real LPK is beyond me.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
IIRC Model 1 sales has been around quite some time, me thinks previous years under a differing name quite some time back. At which time more than one person, including me, bought LPK from them that had issues.

FWIW, using a quality parts kit I've NEVER had to hone/stone anything, save adjusting a match trigger a bit AFTER 500 or more rounds through it.

Its just not worth the "savings" or hassle.

I say this being more than your run of the mill joe. I'm a competitive shooter running only the AR platform from 200 to 1000 yards in various matches. I have more than my share of guns, and due to my shooting ability seem to have attracted crowds of folks that I do assemble stuff for etc... at times.

Model 1 is not where you want to go if you are serious. If its just a plinker and the 10 bucks means something to ya, then have at it.

Jeff

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

534 members (1minute, 1badf350, 10ring1, 10gaugemag, 1lessdog, 06hunter59, 55 invisible), 2,513 guests, and 1,155 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,782
Posts18,515,759
Members74,017
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.