Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by elkhunternm
GeeDub,don't waste time arguing with sherp. You will get nowhere as he is just a troll.

How am I a troll for being opposed to the kind of person opposed by Lincoln?

"My message to my troops is if you see anybody carrying a gun on the streets of Milwaukee, we'll put them on the ground, take the gun away and then decide whether you have a right to carry it." - Milwaukee Police Chief Ed Flynn

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
again I repeat GFY

the consolidation of the states into one vast republic, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of that ruin which has overwhelmed all those that have preceded. Robert E Lee
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
G
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
G
GeeDub,don't waste time arguing with sherp. You will get nowhere as he is just a troll.

10/4.

Not having encountered the gentleman previously, I did not realize that he was a troll.

However from the tone of his retorts it would seem that you are correct.

I may continue with a rejoinder or two. Quien Sabe

Thanks for the heads up guys.

Best,

GWB

A Kill Artist. When I draw, I draw blood.
E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
Because you are here to do nothing but be a PITA sherp.

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC
Member New Mexico Shooting Sports Association

Take your responsibilities seriously, never yourself-Ken Howell

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by deerstalker
again I repeat GFY

I see your sig line also shows you don't support using our military overseas and our police at home. What are you? Some kind of anarchist?

"My message to my troops is if you see anybody carrying a gun on the streets of Milwaukee, we'll put them on the ground, take the gun away and then decide whether you have a right to carry it." - Milwaukee Police Chief Ed Flynn
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
GWB, Sherp is a contrary troll. he states exactly opposite what is true, and I think what he truly believes.
he thinks being the Devils advocate is cute but he is getting stale. also he crossed my line by insulting Lee. I have studied the man (Lee) and a more true gentleman and patriot can't be found. statesman, soldier and gentleman. also somewhat of a prophet it appears. See my sig line.

and sherp, go stuff yourself.

the consolidation of the states into one vast republic, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of that ruin which has overwhelmed all those that have preceded. Robert E Lee
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Because you are here to do nothing but be a PITA sherp.

Why is that? Because I support Conservative groups like Republicans and the police?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
GWB, Sherp is a contrary troll. he states exactly opposite what is true, and I think what he truly believes.
he thinks being the Devils advocate is cute but he is getting stale. also he crossed my line by insulting Lee. I have studied the man (Lee) and a more true gentleman and patriot can't be found. statesman, soldier and gentleman. also somewhat of a prophet it appears. See my sig line.

and sherp, go stuff yourself.

I state fact. Lee was a traitor, pure and simple. He opposed the Republican Party and would still be doing so today if he were alive so he would be spitting on most of the members here.

G
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
G
Sir,

you are aware that it is generally accepted that REL declined President Lincolns offer of command.........

http://www.civilwar.org/education/history/biographies/robert-e-lee.html

Because of his reputation as one of the finest officers in the United States Army, Abraham Lincoln offered Lee the command of the Federal forces in April 1861. Lee declined and tendered his resignation from the army when the state of Virginia seceded on April 17, arguing that he could not fight against his own people.

Best,

GWB

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by geedubya
Sir,

you are aware that it is generally accepted that REL declined President Lincolns offer of command.........

http://www.civilwar.org/education/history/biographies/robert-e-lee.html

Because of his reputation as one of the finest officers in the United States Army, Abraham Lincoln offered Lee the command of the Federal forces in April 1861. Lee declined and tendered his resignation from the army when the state of Virginia seceded on April 17, arguing that he could not fight against his own people.

Best,

GWB

That would be part of where I stated he was opposed to the desires of the Federal Government and President Lincoln. His actions proved him to be a traitor. When his country needed him the most he turned on it.

IC B3

G
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by sherp

I state fact. Lee was a traitor, pure and simple. He opposed the Republican Party and would still be doing so today if he were alive so he would be spitting on most of the members here.

I consider myself to be a constitutional conservative. These days, I oppose much of what the establishment republicans support.

Best,

GWB

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

I consider myself to be a constitutional conservative. These days, I oppose much of what the establishment republicans support.

Best,

GWB

A conservative is Abraham Lincoln, Ronald Reagan, John McCain, Willard Romney, and others. A conservative is not someone who supports a Robert E. Lee.

I guess most of you sided with the Muslims and every other American enemy since Lee did the same:

"Whatever may be the issue, I cannot help sympathizing with the struggles of a warlike people to drive invaders from their land."

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
SHERP, is that short for Herpes?
you state Schitt! gust seeing that name lets everyone know that Shiiit is to follow.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
SHERP, is that short for Herpes?
you state Schitt! gust seeing that name lets everyone know that Shiiit is to follow.

Every time our military has to go fight someplace you start quoting Traitor Lee:

"Whatever may be the issue, I cannot help sympathizing with the struggles of a warlike people to drive invaders from their land."

G
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
G

I guess most of you sided with the Muslims and every other American enemy since Lee did the same:

Why would you infer that?

GWB

N
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
N
Bobby Lee, of course!

NRA Life,Endowment,Patron or Benefactor since '72.
S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
S
"With all my devotion to the Union and the feeling of loyalty and duty of an American citizen, I have not been able to make up my mind to raise my hand against my relatives, my children, my home. I have therefore resigned my commission in the Army, and save in defense of my native State, with the sincere hope that my poor services may never be needed, I hope I may never be called on to draw my sword....." Lee in a letter to his sister, April 20, 1861........Robert E Lee

"I think it better to do right, even if we suffer in so doing, than to incur the reproach of our consciences and posterity." � Robert E. Lee

"At present, I am not concerned with results. God's will ought to be our aim, and I am quite contented that His designs should be accomplished and not mine." Robert E. Lee

"I have fought against the people of the North because I believed they were seeking to wrest from the South its dearest rights. But I have never cherished toward them bitter or vindictive feelings, and have never seen the day when I did not pray for them." � Robert E. Lee -

"""After four years of arduous service marked by unsurpassed courage and fortitude, the Army of Norther Virginia has been compelled to yield to overwhelming numbers and resources.I need not tell the brave survivors of some many hard fought battles who have remained steadfast to the last that I have consented to this result from no distrust of them.But feeling that valor and devotion could accomplish nothing that could compensate for the loss that must have attended the continuance of the contest, I determined to avoid the useless sacrifice of those whose past services have endeared them to their countrymen.By the terms of the agreement, officers and men can return to their homes and remain until exchanged. You will take with you the satisfaction that proceeds from a consciousness of duty faithfully performed; and I earnestly pray that a Merciful God will extend to you His blessings and protection.With an unceasing admiration of your constancy and devotion to your Country, and a grateful remembrance of your kind and generous consideration for myself, I bid you all an affectionate farewell.""R.E. Lee Genl.(Robert E. Lee's farewell address, April 9th, 1865)"

Hardly the words of a POS.

Best,

GWB

He went against the desires of the Federal Government and a Conservative Republican President. Clearly a POS based on his actions.
. He sure did go against them. As a statesman, a gentleman, a soldier, a patriot, and a true American hero. An honorable man he lived and an honorable man he died. God rest his soul. Roll Tide.

“When Tyranny becomes Law, Rebellion becomes Duty”

Colossians 3:17 (New King James Version)
"And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him."
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Why would you infer that?

GWB

Because Lee stated his opposition to invaders:

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by shootem
"With all my devotion to the Union and the feeling of loyalty and duty of an American citizen, I have not been able to make up my mind to raise my hand against my relatives, my children, my home. I have therefore resigned my commission in the Army, and save in defense of my native State, with the sincere hope that my poor services may never be needed, I hope I may never be called on to draw my sword....." Lee in a letter to his sister, April 20, 1861........Robert E Lee

"I think it better to do right, even if we suffer in so doing, than to incur the reproach of our consciences and posterity." � Robert E. Lee

"At present, I am not concerned with results. God's will ought to be our aim, and I am quite contented that His designs should be accomplished and not mine." Robert E. Lee

"I have fought against the people of the North because I believed they were seeking to wrest from the South its dearest rights. But I have never cherished toward them bitter or vindictive feelings, and have never seen the day when I did not pray for them." � Robert E. Lee -

"""After four years of arduous service marked by unsurpassed courage and fortitude, the Army of Norther Virginia has been compelled to yield to overwhelming numbers and resources.I need not tell the brave survivors of some many hard fought battles who have remained steadfast to the last that I have consented to this result from no distrust of them.But feeling that valor and devotion could accomplish nothing that could compensate for the loss that must have attended the continuance of the contest, I determined to avoid the useless sacrifice of those whose past services have endeared them to their countrymen.By the terms of the agreement, officers and men can return to their homes and remain until exchanged. You will take with you the satisfaction that proceeds from a consciousness of duty faithfully performed; and I earnestly pray that a Merciful God will extend to you His blessings and protection.With an unceasing admiration of your constancy and devotion to your Country, and a grateful remembrance of your kind and generous consideration for myself, I bid you all an affectionate farewell.""R.E. Lee Genl.(Robert E. Lee's farewell address, April 9th, 1865)"

Hardly the words of a POS.

Best,

GWB

He went against the desires of the Federal Government and a Conservative Republican President. Clearly a POS based on his actions.
. He sure did go against them. As a statesman, a gentleman, a soldier, a patriot, and a true American hero. An honorable man he lived and an honorable man he died. God rest his soul. Roll Tide.

He was a traitor with no honor. His only duty was to carry out the wishes of the president, same as any other military man.

G
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
G
Sherp,

unlike some I see the proper order as

God: first,

Political Party: way down the list.

I've declared that I am a constitutional Conservative, late of the republican party............

Jest fer schitz N giggles.

Republicans vs Conservatives
Sun, 05/17/2009 - 1:45pm | posted by Dr. John Killian

http://www.unitedliberty.org/articles/republicans-vs-conservatives

In a recent conversation with a local Pastor, a social/moral issue rose and the man said I know how strong you will be,on that issue, since you are one of the most Republican people I know. Let me stop at his statement and draw two conclusions from his statement:

1) This informed citizen identifies social conservatism with the GOP

2) This educated individual would identify my perceived conservative views as being strongly Republican.

This conversation came at a point when I have personally decided that I do not wish to be identified with the Republican Party. In recent months, this writer has refused requests to be involved with like-minded people, who are banding together under the GOP banner. My preferred political identification would be conservative, or even better, Constitutionalist. Consider the differences between a Republican and a conservative.

A Republican is pro-business, while a conservative is pro-free enterprise. What is the difference? A Republican would support bailing out corporations, at taxpayers� expense. Take note of GOP support of the Chrysler bailout and the TARP bailout. A conservative really does believe in allowing the free market to run unhindered.
A Republican believes that the Federal Government should solve the problems of education, supports funding the Department of Education, and believes that the No Child Left Behind debacle is a compassionate move for government. A conservative believes that the federal government has no role in education. We agree with Ronald Reagan that the Federal Department of Education should be abolished and control returned to the local level.
A Republican believes that the national military should intervene when favorable to American-based international corporations. A conservative believes that international corporations become so at their own risk and should not ask taxpayers to pay for their international expansions.
A Republican thinks that federal grants are good for business, but welfare problems cause lack of initiative on part of the recipients. Corporate welfare and TARP bailouts are good, but giveaway programs are bad, according to Republicans. Conservatives want to see free enterprise work.
In the name of free trade, Republicans support NAFTA and GATT which put the force of the Federal Government in support of sending manufacturing jobs overseas. Conservatives want real free trade, but don�t want the meddling of NAFTA and GATT which create bureacracies to manage trade. As a result, most conservatives don�t trust the so-called free trade agreements, especially when they surrender national sovereignty to foreign entities and create a superhighway for foreign trucks.
Republicans are proud of their Congressmen bringing home federal pork contracts, while conservatives are disgusted at the abuse of Congressional power to direct funds and spend money that should have originated and been directed from the private sector.
Republicans will support a liberal Republican because it�s good for the Party. Conservatives will never support a liberal, because it�s bad for the country. In recent days, liberal Republican Florida Gov. Charles Crist has announced for US Senate. Crist was a supporter of the Obama stimulus package. The Conservative Republican Speaker of the House Rubio was already running for this seat, but the National GOP establishment is already behind Crist, thinking he can win the election.
Republicans support an open-borders immigration policy as good for business, due to the cheap labor of illegal immigrants. Conservatives want the borders honored and protected.

This writer�s closest friend from childhood is a liberal Democrat. This gentleman made a statement that the conservatism of the Bush Administration had failed. My friend further stated that this is why the country turned toward the liberalism of the Obama Administration. My response was that conservatism had not failed, conservatism was not tried. The Bush Administration saw a vast increase in the size of government and a doubling of the Federal Debt. No conservative can complain about Obama�s socialism without honestly realizing that the Bush Administration and the Republican Congress paved the way with their Medicare program, No Child Left Behind, and, worst of all, the TARP bailout.

Remember, Richard Nixon expanded government with the creation of new Federal agencies,wage and price controls, a guaranteed minimum income, and new levels of federal controls.

In our lifetime, we have had one President who talked about rolling back the size of federal government. President Reagan set out to challenge the size of the Federal Government, but sadly lost much of his battle. Nonetheless, the Reagan-era decreasing of the size of government and the cutting of tax rates led to the greatest growth in our economy in American history. But succeeding generations of Republicans have repudiated Reaganism, preferring instead the silliness ofCompassionate Conservatism, whatever that is. True conservatives know that government is wooden, non-emotional, and makes policy based on principles, not ooshy-gooshy feelings of any sort. While Reagan won record landslides, the so-called Compassionate Conservatives were swept aside in the landslide of 2008.

Learn the following lessons:

Republicans win when they stand for conservative principles. When they offer a milquetoast version of big government, people opt for the real thing and vote Democratic.
Conservatives should never trust a Party�any Party� to fight our battles. We should live by principle and realize that parties are only vehicles to further our agenda.
Conservatives should never, never give one thin dime to the Republican National Committee, the National Republican Senatorial Committee, or any other national GOP office. We should direct our contributions to conservative groups and let the country club establishment support the liberal Republicans. When the national GOP groups call for money, remind them that you are no longer supporting the GOP until they become the party of Reagan again.

Forgive my anger, but from the time of Reagan, most conservatives have identified themselves as Republicans. This article is not an advocacy of a third party. This article simply says that we need to think of ourselves first as conservatives. Our loyalty to Party should be far down the line, if found at all.

You've declared your undying fealty to the Federal government.

What if the federal government (both houses of congress and president's signature) declared a one child policy such as in communist China.

What if the federal goverment passed legislation that required you must turn in all your fire-arms or face felony charges.

What if the federal governmend passed legislation that required you surrender 50% of your gross pay?

Best,

GWB

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

694 members (1beaver_shooter, 10gaugemag, 1eyedmule, 160user, 10Glocks, 73 invisible), 3,232 guests, and 1,363 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,104
Posts18,483,243
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.