Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
Rick99 Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
I hope you Northern East coast people have your prep work done and are prepared for the crap coming your way. Good time to open the safe and play with the toys. wink Be safe!

Savage...never say "never".
Rick...

Join the NRA...together we stand, divided we fall!

GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
oh ya Rick I got the tractor plugged in and the genny top off with fuel.. bring it on... they're calling for two feet and high winds
average ice out on china lake near me? April 10th. 74 more days smile

plab

Gotta love them 303's
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Yes, everyone on the east coast stay safe.

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
It's been snowing here since 8a.m. , not much acccmulation. Supposed to intensify and not let up until tomorrow afternoon. I'm set, the generator is good to go, got beer , ammo , and a good woman to keep me warm.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Traveling on business this past Sunday up to Mass. Hotel is in Auburn, just south or Worcester. No work today. 24 inches and counting. Nice,light snow just too much of it. Its nice to get a snow day or two.

"Americans have the right and advantage of being armed-unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms." James Madison
IC B2

D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
Sounds like you fellows have it well in hand. But them folks on the TV that are in NYC and Boston. O MY. Must be the beginning of another ICE AGE. Seems only yesterday it was GLOBAL WARMING, that had them all upset.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
The sky has been falling in Boston ever since Babe Ruth went to play in NY. The Sky has been falling in NY ever since Rudy Giuliani was mayor. 2' of snow falling out of the sky is nuttin'.

"...One Nation under God, indivisible, with Liberty and Justice for All"

JeffG
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
20 " and still coming down

plab

Gotta love them 303's
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Are the winds crazy like they were predicting?

The Savage 99 Pocket Reference”.
All models and variations of 1895’s, 1899’s and 99’s covered.
Also dates, checkering, engraving.. Find at www.savagelevers.com
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Sure glad that puppy didn't hit Michigan. I had enough snow last year to last me a lifetime. We've had a pretty decent winter so far this year. Just hope it continues.
Hope everyone out east is able to stay warm and safe. Be careful when shoveling snow.

To sit back hoping that someday, someway, someone will make things right is to go on feeding the crocodile, hoping he will eat you last--but eat you he will. Ronald Regan.

NRA Life Member, US Army Veteran

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The local news just said Worcester has gotten 33 inches and still falling. Looks like 15 to 20 mph wind. Fortunately the power has stayed on around here. Others haven't been as lucky.

"Americans have the right and advantage of being armed-unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms." James Madison
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
news said we've had gusts up to 80.. I believe it. she's blowing
a good one

plab

Gotta love them 303's
K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Here in north east Mass. we got the 3 feet that they were predicting. Ran the plow, snow blower and an old fashioned shovel trying to stay caught up and it is still flurrying but I think the worst is over, Thank God! So, how's the hunting down south?

Leave the gun, take the canolis.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Good luck... I want not sure what I was going to think of Seattle when we moved here 2.5 years ago but I am as far north as anyone on this post (or real darn close) and it was 62 degrees here today. The warm coast really does rock!

Andrew
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
A little foggy in the morning, but working outdoors is a pleasure here when it's not raining. At least it's not 110 degrees like August!

LOL
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
It's 44 here, which is cold enough for me. Wore a jacket to work yesterday, for the 2nd time this year smile. However, we are headed to Pittsburgh in a couple of hours. We are taking the ill one up so she can see her first snow. Should be fun, I have only seen snow 3 times in my life, so I'm looking forward to it. Forecast is slim for snow though.

Long Live The Judge

Thinking of moving to Florida? Don't........
F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
Well you can see snow here we got 31.5 in.with high winds!!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Lucked out here, Doug. Only 20-24 tops. Maybe a little less. Hard to say with all the drifting. Now get some well deserved rest.

NRA Endowment Life Member (and proud of it)

Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing.

Wise men speak because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something. - Plato

Deuteronomy 22:5

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
6" on the ground here. Pretty damn cool. Gotta hunt in this stuff some day, the deer sure stand out with this white schit everywhere

Long Live The Judge

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
here we go again... another blizzard ...55 more days until ice out (:

plab

Gotta love them 303's
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Plab
here we go again... another blizzard ...55 more days until ice out (:

plab

My A*SS!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's JUST snow. Hunker down and fondle sumpin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wise men speak because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something. - Plato

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
ya ya I know but I'm getting sick if sitting on the tractor.
besides I've shined 'em all up.... if this keeps up I'm gonna wind up like fireball and swapping parts around... LOL

plab

Gotta love them 303's
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Got about 14 to 18" on the ground total this winter, piles where I shovel/snowblow it are getting near 4 feet. Been blasting the ice dams on my roof with hot water under pressure, cuts them like a hot knife, just a little to wet and chilly for to much of it. Been raking the roof EVERY snow storm, as I had both wall at the ends leak in the winter of 2010/11. Had to rip them apart and re-insulate, redo the bathroom tub and all, etc...

Got 4 to 5" today so far, getting ready to go snowblow it as my sweeties coming over for lobster tails and filet on the grill with home grown white corn and garlic mash potatoes.

My grill NEVER sleeps...

Besides, anything less than 12" is a dusting...

Stay safe all!

Blitz

Happiness is the purpose of Conscious Life
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Sitting on a TRACTOR????????????? WTF. I drive a walk behind snowblower. Try THAT when you're 70. End up like Fireball?????????????? You gonna put on pink bloomers as well. Your a friggan hereon choker not an Ore-gonner. With emphasis on "gonner". grin grin

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I think if you were to do my yard with a WALK BEHIND BLOWER.. you'd be dead .. takes 3-4 hours on a tractor.... and besides don't be so cheap .. by a plow or something..... sell one of those rusty old k's you got ..:) hehehehe

plab

Gotta love them 303's
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
LBK I bet you walk behind ur blower up and down ur dirveway.. up hill both ways right..

plab

Last edited by Plab; 02/14/15.

Gotta love them 303's
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Why do you HAVE to be such a JERK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! grin grin

You're right. My drive is only 24' wide by 30' long. On a BAD day it takes me about 2 hours. I need to be cheap so I can buy my guns. I get that free money from Bam Bam and I want him to know I use it for my collection.

G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
Oh you guys! It snowed here at lunch time enough to make the ground white. Then the sun came out and it disappeared. Every few years we get a righteous blizzard, but so far this year our total is around 6". Our driveway is around 300 yards long, but the five residences on it chip in to keep it cleared. The guy behind us got a plow for his 4x4, and between that and my landlord's diesel John Deere w/bucket (for which I am the designated driver) we have kept ourselves opened up, even in the nasty stuff we had a couple years ago. I sort of regretted the influx of all this snow equipment because up 'til then I had a good excuse for not showing up at work now and then.

Last edited by gnoahhh; 02/14/15.

"You can lead a man to logic, but you cannot make him think." Joe Harz
"Always certain, often right." Keith McCafferty
S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
LBKs drive is up hill i been there! its 4 here now -23 realfeel going down to -17 tonight we have about 14-16 inchs of snow now, down 10 inch from where we should be! think I used the snowblower 3 times this year but will have to use it tommorow 40 mph winds theres some dandy drifts! time to put another log on the fire!

Deer Camp! about as good as it gets!
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
[quote=Longbeardking]Why do you HAVE to be such a JERK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! grin grin

I'm hating the snow..

they did just down grade the storm. smile 9" to 12"
we can just sweep that away

plab

Gotta love them 303's
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Just took dogs out. Wind chill -25. 4degrees and 30mph winds.
Predicting -12 to -15 tonight. I have drifts azzhole deep to a 10 foot Indian. Looks like I will be getting John Deere with bucket and back blade out in the morning if the winds have died down. If not, then whenever the winds quite.
This makes a guy want to move down south.
Hope you guys living in the NE don't get this wind.

To sit back hoping that someday, someway, someone will make things right is to go on feeding the crocodile, hoping he will eat you last--but eat you he will. Ronald Regan.

NRA Life Member, US Army Veteran

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
LBK I bet you walk behind ur blower up and down ur dirveway.. up hill both ways right..

plab

No, just one. When we had horses, I used to do from the road to the barn wide enough to get a hay truck in there. That was about 300'. I just stopped doing that within the las couple years. It's snowing now. It's fluffy so it'll be easy to throw. Wind is REALLY blowing and still blizzard like.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by saddlering
LBKs drive is up hill i been there! its 4 here now -23 realfeel going down to -17 tonight we have about 14-16 inchs of snow now, down 10 inch from where we should be! think I used the snowblower 3 times this year but will have to use it tommorow 40 mph winds theres some dandy drifts! time to put another log on the fire!

The last storm we had I used it 3 times in one DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
-16 and realfeel -29 here this moring but no wind! it make it worse when you see a thread about Montana with no snow and 65 out!

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
-28*F last night but only got 2" snow. I can still see trail I made around Christmas going out back, not enough snow yet to cover it. Must have sent all our snow out east this winter! When we do not get over 100" snowfall its a mild winter and that's where we are so far..... But the heating bills have been just as high?!?!?!

Bruce
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
#$%#%#'ing weather terrorist .. I like it, 2 inches of snow and the radar shows its gone by. it's windy and cold but neptune blew out to sea for us.:)

plab

Gotta love them 303's
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
It didn't "blow by" us.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Some of you yankee guys will laugh at me, but they're predicting 1-3" of snow here tonight, and 8"-12" tomorrow. I know that's picnic weather for you guys, but I haven't seen a foot of snow since I was a small boy.

My kids, ages 11 and 16, have never seen a good snow. I kind of hope we get it.

Folks here can't drive in a dusting of snow. It'll be interesting for sure.

Last edited by gregintenn; 02/15/15.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by gregintenn
Some of you yankee guys will laugh at me, but they're predicting 1-3" of snow here tonight, and 8"-12" tomorrow. I know that's picnic weather for you guys, but I haven't seen a foot of snow since I was a small boy.

My kids, ages 11 and 16, have never seen a good snow. I kind of hope we get it.

Folks here can't drive in a dusting of snow. It'll be interesting for sure.

Trust me,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,I WOULDN'T have it any other way. I LOVE every season. The ONLY thing that concerns me is the deer and birds. My wife and I snow shoe out every day to do the feeding. And contrary to what F&G says supplementing with quality mixed grain, NO pellets, DOES help the deer and birds survive.

G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
Good on you, LBK. Even though I've heard biologists say not to feed wildlife, my heart goes out to the critters trying to survive in winter conditions. I tried to make a deal with the neighborhood "suburban" deer this year that if I threw them some corn would they not eat our apples and pears come next summer. The shifty buggers hemmed and hawed and said "yeah, sure, uh huh, that's the ticket." I gave 'em the corn anyway. (Thing is, once you start you can't stop. There was a couple times a few years ago when money was really tight and the deer moochers ate better than I did.)

Old Ma Nature did an about face on us last night. After the dusting and subsequent sunny afternoon, dinner time found the temps plummeting and a heavy wet snow came driving down- to the tune of around 3" per hour, for about an hour. After spending all day doing rust blue cycles I was in no mood for driving home in a whiteout. Then the wind howled all night and we got a taste of what it's like to live in the land of the wind chill factor. I would've preferred a lot more snow than what we got in lieu of 50 MPH gusts and 10º temps. Oh well, 'tis the season. It won't be long until it's time to drink cold beer under an awning while watching pretty girls in summer dresses sashay by.

Last edited by gnoahhh; 02/15/15.

S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Gary I like the way you THINK! I started feeding two button bucks, they brought 2 doe fawns with them now another little one has showed up! also have a BIG doe with 2 fawns and sometimes another doe with a small fawn, she a mean bitch and will kick and strike at the others, if season was still in I think Id pop her. have turkeys at times also, had a flock of 16 with 2 big Toms for a week but they seem to have moved on.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by gregintenn

Was in Chattanooga a couple weeks ago for six days, was wearing a t-shirt outside, didn't want to leave!

-32 C here last night.

24 hour sarcastic S.O.B.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
[Linked Image]

Here's a couple gobblers coming to the feeder in my back yard. If you look at the top of the photo you can see a third one on the other side of the river reflected in the water.

Rod

Hunting FOR Savages, Hunting WITH Savages
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I was just out behind the house. I'm 6'2" and the snow is up to my hip. real hard for the deer right now.. the turkeys I'm sure are dropping like flies .this cold is real hard on them and with no food available we're losing a lot of game.. except of course the dam coyote. they just hang outside the deer yards and pick what they want.. but we don't have a coyote problem.. we outta be able to use old cod hook trick but the tree huggers would have fit.
I better shutup before I get in trouble

plab

Gotta love them 303's
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
I never saw such happiness exhibited by a man blowing snow!

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
It happens in COKE dens. eek GW

If an injury has to be done to a man it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared. MACHIAVELLI
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
that is a nice blower steve ariens ?

plab

Gotta love them 303's
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
that is a nice blower steve ariens ?

plab

Husqvarna...........

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Longbeardking

Husqvarna...........

Little brother and one of my buddies both bought Husky's last year, best snowblower I've ever seen.

24 hour sarcastic S.O.B.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by mad_dog
Originally Posted by Longbeardking

Husqvarna...........

Little brother and one of my buddies both bought Husky's last year, best snowblower I've ever seen.

Me as well. I have owned several other makes also. My son gave me this one in trade for one of my old pick ups. I got the better end of the deal. I haven't tackled a storm yet that this one wouldn't handle. Some of the wettest storms we've had this machine passed with flying colors.

[Linked Image]

S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
I bought one last winter myself, didnt want to spend the $$$ but got a good deal as it was in Feb, and there last one. glad I did, used it today!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I cheat....

Just go up to the yard at work and steal one of the loaders.

24 hour sarcastic S.O.B.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I'm not smart enough to operate heavy equipment.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Probably shouldn't even stick my finger in the water here but back in the day when I was still in hi-school living with my parents in northern Wisconsin just before we got a big snow my Mother ordered a 5.5 HP snow-blower from Wards. We put it together on the front porch. Everything seemed to be in place so I fired it up. That was the last time I used a snow shovel in Wisconsin. Up until the time I left home I used to fire that mother up and blow snow every chance I got. Before that when there was snow to be shoveled I tried to make myself nowhere to be found. After getting that Ward's blower I was begging God to make it snow. grin

Go tell the Spartans,Travelers passing by,That here,Obedient to their laws we lie.

I'm older now but I'm still runnin' against the wind

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
George !!! your a sick puppy !!! grinThe guy that invented snowblowers is a torture specialist.I got a 60" front mount snowblower with a 28 H.P.kubota back in 2004, i have used it twice ! i hop in my JCB 214s 4x4 backhoe nice and warm with no snow blowing in my face. grin grin grin

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Currently 73 and sunny, high of 76 today

Long Live The Judge

G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by billy336
Currently 73 and sunny, high of 76 today

I was waiting for that!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I really....really hate to tell you guys that here beside the US Army CRTC [cold regions test center] it is +43F and very little snow.

G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
We got 6" overnight and you would think it was the apocalypse around here. Schools, businesses and gov't shut down. Grocery store packed with panicky soccer moms. I shoveled the walk out to the driveway, drove through the 200 yards of unplowed driveway, and entered the world of the crazed masses. As soon as I get a coat of finish on the latest school project, I'm going back home to take advantage of the "snow day" (which means another log on the fire and a belt of Sailor Jerry).

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
That's just sad, I'm on the Michigan border and it's supposed to be 0F tomorrow night.

24 hour sarcastic S.O.B.
G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
Goldang it! I knew I should've stayed home. My boss braved the madding crowds and came in too, and put a Faraday Generator (a repro I made a couple years ago) on my bench that a student dropped yesterday and broke. Since they'll need it when classes resume tomorrow, guess who will be fixing it instead of communing with Sailor Jerry this afternoon?! No good deed ever goes unpunished!

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
My truck is telling me it's 81, pretty nice out for February, wind chill is 76 smile

Long Live The Judge

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Slipped on ice trying to get in my truck this morning. Broke my phuggin ankle. Moving south soon as my daughter graduates high school. Tired of this chit.

Anything for sale down ur way Billy? grin

Last edited by 99guy; 02/17/15.

"You cannot invade mainland America. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass"
~Admiral Yamamoto~

When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty. ~Thomas Jefferson~
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Used to plow and shovel snow all winter, back when I was a tough sumbitch. Now I just sit around in my Depends, swap parts, and bitch on the internet about how darned cold it is.

Jeezus, you sound like a bunch of old women. Turn in the man cards, it snowed last night. I think that sick basterd LBK might just be enjoying hisself a little bit. He must be a little off huh?

LOL
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I think half of this state is for sale

Long Live The Judge

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I saw snow last winter. For a little while. Sun came out in the afternoon. Snow gone. Strangely enough, I miss snow.

Go tell the Spartans,Travelers passing by,That here,Obedient to their laws we lie.

F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
Come on over George we will get about 12" in the next 24 hours and more this weekend!!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by FUG1899
Come on over George we will get about 12" in the next 24 hours and more this weekend!!

So,,,,,,,,,,,,,White River Junction is out?????? grin grin

F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
Hope not we have a plow

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
That's the attitude!!!!!!!!!!! See you there!!!!! LUNCH??????

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Long way to plow!!!!! Maine to Vermont,better carry a spare cutting edge to change at my place !!! grin

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

"The mind is willing but the flesh is weak." Only have to go to Snoqualmie Pass on I-90 to see enough snow to shut down the interstate. We drive up that way every couple weekends during snow season to get back to our roots. grin

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Rick99, RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

114 members (300_savage, 41rem, 808outdoors, 10gaugemag, 14 invisible), 1,556 guests, and 934 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,387
Posts18,469,719
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.