Print Thread
Hop To
L
las Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
L
How does that pos work? I claim each member of household should have his/her own separate and discrete account/password despite the same email/server.

My account has 3 usernames on it from the time youngest son was home, and the wife. She claims because of same email addy, my password Ed's up her access and vice versa. Causes no end of fights, cuz we keep changing passwords on each other every time we file and can't access after the other one does it. And no we don't sit down and do it together and she never remembers either her or my password!

If it wasn't for the principle I wouldn't do it at all!

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Their system is definitely flawed. I tried to file for the wife the other day and before they will accept the application you have to do a verification using the info on your DL.

We put in the exact info off of her DL and it keeps coming back saying the info doesn't match their records (DMV). This is the 2nd year in a row this has happened, she had to do a bunch of paperwork to get it straightened out and yet, here we are again.

That's ok, I'll ass shoot a dink.

Steelhead

L
las Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
L
I said fug it and went into DMV, (Legislative Affairs) after work today for a paper application. They only work 1 to 4 pm....

Damn- it's getting hard to get a free $1900 or so.... Bastids! smile

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by AkMtnHntr
Their system is definitely flawed. I tried to file for the wife the other day and before they will accept the application you have to do a verification using the info on your DL.

We put in the exact info off of her DL and it keeps coming back saying the info doesn't match their records (DMV). This is the 2nd year in a row this has happened, she had to do a bunch of paperwork to get it straightened out and yet, here we are again.

My wife has had this same problem for years. The system won't accept an electronic signature because her DL info "doesn't match their records." She always has to print out a hardcopy signature page and send it in.

BW Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I didn't apply for the PFD for several years, because I was out of State working for over 180 days those years. Last year I applied because I worked fewer days out of Alaska, and I got the huge run around from that department.

I got fed up and quit. Didn't collect the PFD.

Probably happen again this year. Doesn't pay to be honest.

Brian

IC B2

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
They gave my wife a pretty good run around this last year, as it was her first year to be eligable. I have a feeling that so many people scam the system, that they are careful. Have to get my 1st daughter signed up this year. 2nd daughter next year.

BTW, they never return phone calls...

Alaska is going to be broke given oil prices. Not expecting things to improve.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I have yet to file for it because I don't have a copy of my birth certificate.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by akpls
Originally Posted by AkMtnHntr

My wife has had this same problem for years. The system won't accept an electronic signature because her DL info "doesn't match their records." She always has to print out a hardcopy signature page and send it in.

My wife called the DMV today and they told her that the info on her drivers license was correct and that the issue was with the PFD folks.

Here we go again.

That's ok, I'll ass shoot a dink.

Steelhead

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

322 members (16penny, 1badf350, 10gaugeman, 1eyedmule, 10gaugemag, 17CalFan, 41 invisible), 2,460 guests, and 1,280 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,492
Posts18,472,035
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.