-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Oh wow! This will be what I finally build my 6.5 SAUM on.

If 2nd amendment rights can be subject to licensing and fees, how was the poll tax unconstitutional?
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Good thing I didn't hear about this one before I bought the Weatherbys. I wouldn't want to insult them by picking a Weatherby over that on purpose.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Held this action at SHOT also. Sooooo many options, and these guys are awesome to work with. These are the good ol' days!

P
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
P
Looks like a montana with and integral rail.

Nice.

Wish the trigger was an old M70 design. Other than that it looks darn near perfect.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Don't be pissed fellas. It could be worse. You could be like me. After waiting a few months, I received the most amazing action for a dream rifle from Defiance......and a 3 position safety from PTG. I was just about to fit the safety and proceed without CRF when these new options were announced. Needless to say I was on the phone right away but alas, they say they won't add CRF to my completed action and I am awaiting a returned call to see if they'll add the safety. No matter, great product and operation.

IC B2

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Anyone have a link to Defaince's site for this action? Could not find it on there.

The 280 Remington is overbore.

The 7 Rem Mag is over bore.
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Same here, I couldn't find any info on the website. Probably too new and the website hasn't been updated.

I'm sure EddieF speaks the truth about a $150 upgrade to any of their actions.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I have two PF Defiance Rebels with the 3 position safe from Dave Gentry.Two of the very first so converted.
Defiance push feed actions are some of the slickest functioning actions ever built.
I'd be hard pressed to spend 150 more for something I dont need.
Jewell triggers are very nice.I have about 6 of them.
I would never put one on a hunting rifle.

dave

[Linked Image]

Only accurate rifles are interesting.
E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
This stuff is not on their website yet, but you can order these now if you want. Lead time is around 3-4 months I was told by them.

Not cheap, but if you see what LH winnys are going for, this is a real bargain for the LH's.

Eddie Fosnaugh
www.fosnaughcustoms.com
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by RDFinn
I'm still feeling lite headed....

Gather yourself. A temporary loss of station would be most unfortunate.

"I never thought I'd live to see the day that a U.S. president would raise an army to invade his own country."
Robert E. Lee
IC B3

A
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
A
What's it weigh?

RDFinn Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I could be way out on a limb here, but I don't think that this action was intended to be a modern day mod 70. The owner, Glen Harrison, said that a lot of his customers were asking for a CRF option, so he obliged them.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
They are a great outfit to deal with.
And I have delt with them on several occasions.
If a person likes M70s Theres alot here to like.
You could get the top of the action configured just about any way you like.No other action builder does that.Least none that im aware of.
The out come of how well this action will work out for feeding will have more to do with the skill of the smith that builds it, than anything Defiance does...
For Defiance.Its just one more tool is there box.
My hats off to them.

dave

[Linked Image]

RDFinn Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Blackbrush
Don't be pissed fellas. It could be worse. You could be like me. After waiting a few months, I received the most amazing action for a dream rifle from Defiance......and a 3 position safety from PTG. I was just about to fit the safety and proceed without CRF when these new options were announced. Needless to say I was on the phone right away but alas, they say they won't add CRF to my completed action and I am awaiting a returned call to see if they'll add the safety. No matter, great product and operation.

A WAG would be that they are set up to add the CRF option when they are CNC'd from the start and they don't do it after the bolt is completed from the machining process. Same probably applies to the action top configuration regarding what type of mounts you'll be using. I can't imagine how difficult it would be if a customer had a integral rail or any other type milled in base configuration from the start and then decide they want them milled off to say a Remington bridge config after the action body was completed. Obviously it would have to be an entirely separate, post action completion operation. Decide what you want from the start or pay huge bucks to a machinist/gunsmith to mill off the integral mounts. Might as well sell it and start over. Me, I would have a Remington rear bridge so I could have a zillion aftermarket bases to choose from.

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Spoke with them today to get some additional details on their new options. Had a nice, informative conversation:

• As noted previously, the CRF option is $150. It is only available on the Med, XM, and Long-size actions with the .700" bolt. They plan on eventually offering CRF on the XL models and .750" bolts, at some point.
  • Their 3-pos. safety option is $225 and is a proprietary component. If you choose this feature, they will request that you send them the trigger you plan on using so that they can time everything.
  • One thing they mentioned on the CRF option: This will only be available with their 30-degree Cone bolt-face configuration. This eliminates the need for the extractor cut on the barrel but would be a consideration when having the barrel fitted.
  • Orders for the CRF and 3-pos. safety are about 90 days out.

Had looked at Defiance previously and was certainly impressed. Ultimately decided to pass then. Now though, with the new options, a CM Rebel sounds tempting.

I'm becoming more tolerant of intolerant people.
RDFinn Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Just sent them an email about getting a Rebel long action with the 3 pos safety option. Looks like you answered my question. I also liked the look of the facets on the Nesika and Jarrett actions too and they said, no problem. Hope they can get rid of the Remington style safety cut out as that would cover up any place for water/dirt/ice to get down into the trigger. Have to see if McMillan offers that fill in on their stocks as well. Otherwise, it'll get the bondo treatment I guess.

Wonder if their 3 pos safety/bolt shroud is made from Stainless Steel.

O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
Gents, They look like nice actions. And I appreciate the fact that they are available in LH for no additional upcharge.

However, I gotta ask... For a person like myself who is looking for an accurate hunting rifle, not a bench rest rifle, after I add up the cost for all of the "options", what I am getting with a Defiance that I don't get with an MRC 1999 action at about half the cost ?

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
fwiw,
Between this and GA Precision's new Tempest I dunno which action to build on first. Like CRF, however, also like three lugs, 60 degree bolt, that feeds from a double column AI AW Magazine...

Regards, Matt.

NRA Life Benefactor Member
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by RDFinn
Have to see if McMillan offers that fill in on their stocks as well. Otherwise, it'll get the bondo treatment I guess.

RD.
When I talked to Defiance.
They said when talking with McMillian to say Gap Templar inlet.
McMillian has everything for it.
Defiance Rebels can be ordered with a long tennon.Its .125 longer than M700.
Something to keep track of when ordering from Defiance or McMillian.
Both my Rebels have long tennons...

dave

[Linked Image]

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Matt in Virginia
fwiw,
Between this and GA Precision's new Tempest I dunno which action to build on first. Like CRF, however, also like three lugs, 60 degree bolt, that feeds from a double column AI AW Magazine...

Regards, Matt.

Saw the shot show video on that.
60 degree bolt lifts and double column feeding.
Make you go hummmm......

dave

[Linked Image]

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

584 members (160user, 10gaugemag, 10gaugeman, 1beaver_shooter, 1OntarioJim, 10Glocks, 67 invisible), 2,582 guests, and 1,161 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,812
Posts18,477,605
Members73,944
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.