Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 9 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Yep.

And he got 'em all paid off about 4 years ago.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
GB1

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Originally Posted by guyandarifle
Originally Posted by toltecgriz
This has been really interesting. I can't wait to see how it turns out in a few years. Mini series?

I suspect the final result, if there ever is one, will be recorded in the annals of "hard facts make bad law."

I had always thought the adage was actually "Hard CASES make bad law.". The idea being it's a generally bad idea to start passing laws based on outlier (often emotional/controversial) events.

You are correct regarding the adage. I tried to simplify it for the great unwashed (non-privileged class, for those in Rio Linda). Plus it's hard facts that make hard cases.

"Be sure you're right. Then go ahead." Fess Parker as Davy Crockett
T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Originally Posted by isaac
Credibility and/or leverage, right? I'm only tasked with eliminating the 1 mil and it's passive increases from the marital estate or gross income configurations should the marriage last long enough that her financial enabling provisions kick in.

I understand your preferential payment concern and obligation to disclose but my client is not a guarantor of his friend's debt nor do I believe this future promise to be a current attachable asset of the friend or subject to disclosure.

Do you disagree?

Certainly not, my friend, but the implications here with just a little tweaking would make a hell of a bar exam question, covering at least four areas of law.
Still wondering (and still don't want to know) if to the gf, the sleaze factor of the friend's prior financial activities colors her judgment. I've known one woman who was really good about spotting phonies. The rest, not so much. smile

"Be sure you're right. Then go ahead." Fess Parker as Davy Crockett
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Back in the late eighties I ran through them like cord wood.

Now that I'm in my mid fifties things are different.

I see beautiful women every day at work, when the thought of maintenance, the whining, the bitching, the emotional rollercoaster in their DNA, the shopping, the dancing, the dining....they become much less attractive to me.

For the most part women bore the schitt out of me.
I just don't enjoy what most of them call fun.

I have a wife of 23 years that sort of understands me and accepts my wicked ways and that's tough to find.
Still working on her to move though and it still ain't going over very well...

Proud NRA Life Member
I
isaac Offline OP
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
I
Still wondering (and still don't want to know) if to the gf, the sleaze factor of the friend's prior financial activities colors her judgment.
=========

It might be but I'll let her lawyer raise it, if he does. From what I understand, the friends woes come from cc [bleep] and medical expenses not covered by insurance. I've not spoken one word to either the friend or wife to be, for obvious reasons.

As you also well know, I'm attempting to simply move forward advocating the wishes of my client. If I protect that 1 mil and it's passive earnings from all else, I believe I will have accomplished all that was required of me.

If your very good brain is taking you to fraud in the inducement or collusion, then another set of players can attempt to grab hold of the stash, should it remain intact.

Divorce wise, I think my client is protected though, regardless.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

IC B2

Page 9 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

167 members (160user, 1eyedmule, 2UP, 44mc, 3333vl, 308ld, 13 invisible), 1,564 guests, and 957 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,387
Posts18,469,772
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.