Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
jnyork Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
How the hell can our country survive with things like this happening every day? From Fox News:

A Pennsylvania 16-year-old stands accused of murder after cops say he shot another teen in the face and then posed with the victim’s body for a selfie that led to his arrest.

Authorities say Maxwell Marion Morton took the picture after killing high school junior Ryan Mangan, 16, on Wednesday in Mangan’s home in the Pittsburgh suburb of Jeannette.

The Pittsburgh Tribune-Review said Saturday that according to a police affidavit Morton sent the selfie to a friend who turned it over his mother. She, in turn, gave it to police.

The affidavit also said that Morton sent the friend several messages including one that said, “Told you I cleaned up the shells,” and another that said, “Ryan was not the last one,” the newspaper reported.

“(Police) received a copy of the photo which depicted the victim sitting in the chair with a gunshot wound to the face,” the newspaper quoted the affidavit as saying. “It also depicts a black male taking the ‘selfie’ with his face facing the camera and the victim behind the actor.”

The affidavit went on to say that across the top of the selfie was the name “Maxwell.”

The Tribune-Review said the selfie showed Mangan as he was found dead at the scene.

Authorities said Morton confessed to shooting Mangan with a 9 mm handgun that was found in the basement of Morton's home.

Morton was being held without bail after his arraignment on a first degree murder charge and other charges. He is being charged as an adult.

Morton and Mangan were students in the Jeannette City School District, the newspaper said.

[Linked Image]
GB1

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Consider how many teens and preteens spend hours and hours on violent video games, during the years their brains are supposed to be developing social, adult concepts of morality and community. This without the foundation of healthy family interactions from infancy on.
Yes, our society is in deep trouble.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Why would anyone watch/read fox news?

Originally Posted by captain seafire
I replace valve cover gaskets every 50K, if they don't need them sooner...
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Your country as any country/society will survive, if each and every member makes it even one little bit better each and every day.

Start by seeing all the good in the world and posting that rather.

Recognize the world for what it is - and amalgam of good and bad.

Strengthen the good.

Member of the Merry Band of turdlike People.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Are you the other MSNBC guy?

I'd rather die in a BAD gunfight than a GOOD nursing home.
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Who's that?

Human depravity has been around as long as humans. I just don't understand following a news outlet who's mission is to spread fear and revulsion day after day. And sharing it.

I like being around young people, hearing their stories and experiences. I like helping them learn and like sharing my experiences at their age. I won't be condescending or dismissive, nor fearful. And I see no reason to not believe we're going to be in good hands as they grow older.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
RL, I do believe, that you are correct.

Last edited by Ready; 02/08/15. Reason: adressed

Member of the Merry Band of turdlike People.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I could find a 9mm handgun in my basement also, (two actually); but first I have to open the safe. But it is a very sad commentary on our society. People like that are nothing but useful idiots for the gun grabbers.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Rancho_Loco
Why would anyone watch/read fox news?

so you'd like Mr York to check with you first, and get your approval on what he decides to watch on Television, or what he listens to on the radio, or what he reads etc?

is that the point you are trying to make?

or does each of us have to check with you first?

I gotta go and pick up some more TP, as we are getting low here...

do you recommend Walmart, Costco or Albertson's?

because What YOU THINK...... REALLY REALLY MATTERS TO ME!

and I am sure I am not alone....

We all want to STRIVE for YOUR APPROVAL....

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
story did not mention that young Maxwell was black, but he was.

Sam......

IC B3

I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
We are still appalled that Cain killed Able. Then the retard thought he could hide it from God just foer lieing about it. It's a shame to see kids do this but 80 million kids in this country , and when it happens we have idiot news reporters jumping on the story to make guns look bad and the gentle giants look good. Oh well, life goes on,,,, just one hint ,,, birds of a feather....

But the fruits of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness,faithfulness, Gentleness and self control. Against such things there is no law. Galations 5: 22&23
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Wyogal
Consider how many teens and preteens spend hours and hours on violent video games, during the years their brains are supposed to be developing social, adult concepts of morality and community. This without the foundation of healthy family interactions from infancy on.

the highlighted is the problem, not the games....all my friends and i played the games without problems and prolly had looser access to firearms than most kids.....issue isnt games or guns its parents 99% of the time....every so often though you do run across a psychopath that has had a good set of parents....

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Our Country won't survive! Lack of education constitutes that as a fact.

This may sound different to some but.....

What would you think if I said the problem is not the child who shot the other child in the face?

The problem is society as a whole and the failing is from the teachers of children.

Society and the great and wise teachers say being gay is good and there is nothing wrong with it. While I agree it would be wrong to return evil for evil by persecuting ones for living in immorality I also make it clear what the bibles standards are and I support bible standards.

Being Gay is immoral the same as premarital sex is immoral. Acceptance of immorality is the biggest root of society breakdown.

Don't worry because Gods Kingdom is going to clean it all up here soon.

You just may want to think real hard about who you'll be in support of before that happens. Will you be supporting and voting for Jesus Christ as King or will you be at the voting booth looking for corrupt governmental officials whom have a long and deep history of standing for immorality as your hope.

Shod

The 6.5 Swede, Before Gay Was Ok
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Liberalism, to me, is the act of justifying one's inability to show any moral fiber by condemning those that do.

Keep your eye on the fruit........
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by BigChief870
Liberalism, to me, is the act of justifying one's inability to show any moral fiber by condemning those that do.

I agree 100℅....and the problem is there are way more of them than there are of us.

A very good friend of mine who passed away used to always say to me.

Your a good man....there's damn few of us left.

Shod

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by Wyogal

Consider how libs have kicked God and prayer and the 10 big ones out of school. Now guys, flame on, but tell me how much better off we are now than when i was a kid.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
For how much chit school teachers and administrators get around here, you suddenly want them to be in charge of religious instruction?

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
I never had teachers in school who participated in religious instruction. Mostly they were just christians who didnt believe Tommy should have 2 mommies and who thought kids should love their country and not lie or steal or kill or live off the sweat of others.

We have certainly progressed with our enlightenment and new found freedoms but it sure has changed us from a rich creditor nation to one consumed by debt.

Last edited by eyeball; 02/08/15.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by Rancho_Loco
For how much chit school teachers and administrators get around here, you suddenly want them to be in charge of religious instruction?

Scribes and Farisees were so called Christians and Jesus made the statement they serve there father the Devil.

I won't be for having any political institutions dictating what my children are thought as far as religion goes. Schools are political institutions.

Shod

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Critical stages of learning, called developmental milestones, are achieved, as a child's brain grows. And without earlier milestones being reached/achieved, later milestones are consequently not achieved. Each one builds from the other. Family, as the initial unit of society, is where it all starts.
Extended family is family, whatever that may be, as long as it provides love, safety, nuturing stability.

Last edited by Wyogal; 02/08/15.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

559 members (10ring1, 160user, 12344mag, 06hunter59, 10gaugemag, 10gaugeman, 66 invisible), 2,719 guests, and 1,153 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,531
Posts18,530,926
Members74,033
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.