-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 13 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 12 13
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
"You're saying that some roadblocks are OK and some are blatant, corrupt violations of the 4th Amendment, which is an untenable position."

You got me mixed up with somebody else, Blue. You'll never find me arguing from the Constitution or the Bible. I TRY to argue from common sense, right vs. wrong.

I most areas of Law Enforcement, I make a differentiation between cops acting in response to a particular crime and cops seeking out confrontation.

I admire your answer regarding Amber Alerts.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by ldholton
i'm sure glad I don't live in fear of the police , some here must lead a miserable life

Same here ID, 'bout like those two pussies I was arguing with yesterday.

Trump Won!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
but are you gonna tell me old Ben NEVER obeyed the king's law when he felt it ran against his natural rights?

Nope, I will not tell you that, but I will tell you old Ben probably did not like it, when it happened. And he went on the change things. You have to pick the when and where and how to fight things, to be effective. Things that are wrong, are wrong, period. It does not matter if the intent is good. At times, like the afore mentioned Amber alert, you might have to hold your nose and accept that you must tolerate a wrong, but that still does not make it right. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by curdog4570

Immigration checkpoints are NOT aimed at U.S.citizens. And no arrests for other than immigration offenses should be allowed at immigration checkpoints at any place other than the actual border.

I O W ...... The searches should only be looking for people.

They are searching for people.

Try driving through one schit faced or with some personal use cocaine. See how that works out for you.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Whenever I go through a checkpoint, I just hang a pair of panties out the window. They always just smile, give a thumbs up, and wave me through. Although there was this one big broad who leaned in, looked like she was tryin' for a sniff.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by deflave

Immigration checkpoints are NOT aimed at U.S.citizens. And no arrests for other than immigration offenses should be allowed at immigration checkpoints at any place other than the actual border.

I O W ...... The searches should only be looking for people.

They are searching for people.

Try driving through one schit faced or with some personal use cocaine. See how that works out for you.

Travis

I doubt that the dog that is led around my pickup by an agent can tell an illegal Mexican from an old Gringo just by smell. But the dog smells every vehicle.

Funny how I've seen some awfully pale faced folks being asked to pull out of line and park.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by gunner500
i'm sure glad I don't live in fear of the police , some here must lead a miserable life

Did it ever occur to either of you that plenty of "non-pussies" have valid reasons, BASED ON PERSONAL EXPERIENCE, to mistrust cops in general?

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
No Sir, can you enlighten a redneck?

Trump Won!
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
You may not need to try an enlighten me CD, I dont posses enough of the female hormone estrogen to be able to even try to understand what other people are feeling or are concerned with.

I know right from wrong, do good by right and plow through and kill wrong, end of story, my life is really that simple, I don't have to reason or understand.

Trump Won!
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

Funny how I've seen some awfully pale faced folks being asked to pull out of line and park.

Pale faced people can smuggle illegal aliens.

Travis

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by deflave

Pale faced people can smuggle illegal aliens.

Travis

And, drugs.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
CD must be injun and thats raysis. grin

Trump Won!
L
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by gunner500

Did it ever occur to either of you that plenty of "non-pussies" have valid reasons, BASED ON PERSONAL EXPERIENCE, to mistrust cops in general?
Oh yes let's hear this story

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Not Curdog, but I could tell you about the time they arrested my car, but it is longer than I want to type. Or about a man that I know that had his drivers license taken away, Probably with just cause, but I am not sure, anyway a few days later they did arrest him for riding a horse while drunk. That seemed a bit of an over reach to me. Lots of stories out there, if you watch. miles

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Colorado1135

on a side note, I have never deen a DUI checkpoint in the morning on my way to work. IIRC each one was after 10 pm. I also don't know of anyone who conducts job interviews, or doctor offices open that late.

I work 11am-11pm at a hospital.

I have been pulled over for no reason before. I also didn't get a ticket any of those times once they saw the scrubs and talked to me. They were obviously trolling for drunks.

Heck, I was given a warning once when I was speeding quite a bit trying to get in quick for a stroke.

I have never seen a DWI checkpoint though outside of Hawaii.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by 4ager

And, drugs.

They're not there to find drugs.

Travis

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

I was treated poorly by Minneapolis PD after calling in an attempted carjacking while driving through a crappy neighborhood to get to work when I started work at 11pm.

Thankfully, there was a witness (lady behind me) who saw it all and also called 911 with the same version of events I gave the police.

It doesn't change how I was treated (in scrubs, in an ICU at my place of employment) for over half-an-hour before the a-hole cops figured out that I was not trying to buy drugs or something of that nature. Apparently they were REALLY pissed that I ignored the dispatcher's advice to stay on-scene (where an armed idiot may have just run off to get friends) and drove the four blocks to my work, despite the fact that I gave them good specific directions on how to find/get a hold of me at said place of employment.

I especially liked two things that were said to me:

1. Civilians shouldn't even be allowed to have handguns
2. If you are not willing to shoot someone, you shouldn't carry a handgun

Now, it doesn't mean all cops are going to treat me that way, but I damn sure am not going to assume MPD is my friend. Ever.

L
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by goalie

I was treated poorly by Minneapolis PD after calling in an attempted carjacking while driving through a crappy neighborhood to get to work when I started work at 11pm.

Thankfully, there was a witness (lady behind me) who saw it all and also called 911 with the same version of events I gave the police.

It doesn't change how I was treated (in scrubs, in an ICU at my place of employment) for over half-an-hour before the a-hole cops figured out that I was not trying to buy drugs or something of that nature. Apparently they were REALLY pissed that I ignored the dispatcher's advice to stay on-scene (where an armed idiot may have just run off to get friends) and drove the four blocks to my work, despite the fact that I gave them good specific directions on how to find/get a hold of me at said place of employment.

I especially liked two things that were said to me:

1. Civilians shouldn't even be allowed to have handguns
2. If you are not willing to shoot someone, you shouldn't carry a handgun

Now, it doesn't mean all cops are going to treat me that way, but I damn sure am not going to assume MPD is my friend. Ever.

Let me play devial's advocate, First you say it was in a bad area , so the cops are used to all kinds of BS in that area,.Next you say you let the area when instructed not to do so.( yes I understand why you did and probably would have done the same) So what the cops new there was a problem in a bad area and all parties left the seen and they don't know you from adam . so yes they might be a bit short and "rude" till thinks get lined out

L
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by milespatton

Not Curdog, but I could tell you about the time they arrested my car, but it is longer than I want to type. Or about a man that I know that had his drivers license taken away, Probably with just cause, but I am not sure, anyway a few days later they did arrest him for riding a horse while drunk. That seemed a bit of an over reach to me. Lots of stories out there, if you watch. miles

Yes I agree there a bad elements in everything in life , but not as a rule with law enforcement . HTF do you arrest a car ? Let me rephrase part of that , the majoraity of cops are good trying to do good , yes there are some bad apples

Last edited by ldholton; 02/22/15.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
HTF do you arrest a car ?

Car sitting on private property, all by itself (I was gone to Little Rock with a friend) and it happened to be the same color as a car, that had outran the police 18 miles away, a few days before. Not the same make or model,just the color. Police had it towed. I call it arrested. I got back, no car, no idea where it was. No charges, no apology, just a lot of inconvenience. miles

Page 7 of 13 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 12 13

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

598 members (10gaugeman, 160user, 1beaver_shooter, 1936M71, 1badf350, 66 invisible), 3,030 guests, and 1,312 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,196
Posts18,503,582
Members73,993
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.