Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I have one of those booster battery things that also has a compressor. It works fine up to about 30lb but when trying to top off a pickup tire, you can turn it on and go have a cup of coffee while it runs.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
One more thing. A high PSI rating means nothing unless you happen to need 250 PSI or whatever. Yeah, even some of the cheapest ones can develop enough pressure to pop a tire. It will take a long time, but it will eventually do it.

What you are looking for is high flow rate to whatever pressure you need, up to 50 PSI for some trailer tires and maybe even 80 PSI for a big truck tire. (I have 80 PSI tires on my Suburban, but I run them only to about 50.) The advertising on the box doesn't usually give flow rate, because they usually don't have much, but the ones like I showed in my earlier post will fill the tire in a reasonable amount of time as opposed to many minutes.

Clinging to guns & religion since 1959

Keyboards make people braver than alcohol

Election Integrity is more important than Election Convenience

Washington Post: "Democracy Dies in Darkness"
More correct: "Killing Democracy Faster Than Darkness"
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
I'd take the full leap into adulthood and buy an air compressor.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Many years back for a Christmas present, we got a little tire pump that was powered by a cigarette lighter plug-in. It wasn't all that fast but sounds like it was faster than yours. It also had a bright white light and red emergency flasher. I can't say how many car/light truch tires I pumped up with that, but it was a bunch. It worked great for a lot of years and recently gave up the ghost. Wish I knew where it came from, as I'd buy another for myself and one for each kid.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
Since I mostly ride bicycles to work nowadays I got a couple of old cars that sit unused in the driveway from one week to the next. When I DO want to use one an underinflated tire somewhere or other is frequent.

I got tired of getting all sweaty whaling away with my bicycle pump every time this happens so I tried one of them 12V powered portable pumps, figured it'd be just the ticket.

Bought one for $30 from the local auto parts store, plug it in and "whump!"... (pause) "whump!"... (pause) "whump"... (pause).

Its like the friggin' thing has to catch its breath after every pump stroke. The little "BellAire 2000" unit is dog slow, averaging about a pound added every two minutes pumping up tires.

For space and convenience reasons I was hoping to avoid one of them plug-in 3 gal air compressors.

Anyone got a better idea for a plug in air pump? (cigarette lighter jack powered or 110 volts both OK.)

Thanks,
Birdwatcher
Check out the 110v tankless compressors. There are quite a few for under $100 and the larger ones really work. I have an old one that's no longer made. It's 3/4 hp and will blow up a truck tire to 80 lb in a few minutes. It will also run some air tools or a paint sprayer. It's big drawback is the noise.

You need to compare horsepower and CFM (cubic ft/min). Those little 1/5 hp models won't do much. My 3/4 hp will.

― George Orwell

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
No. Seriously. Buy an air compressor.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Yeah, sounds like he has a perfect excuse for a new toy.

The key elements in human thinking are not numbers but labels of fuzzy sets. -- L. Zadeh

Which explains a lot.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
A tank type compressor is always best but for for a quick job, the tankless ones work very well if you don't go too small. You get instant air without having to pump up the tank.

― George Orwell

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

73 members (7mm_Loco, 338Rules, 6MMWASP, 10gaugemag, 10 invisible), 1,447 guests, and 780 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,082
Posts18,501,661
Members73,987
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.