-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 10 of 13 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 13
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
More likely mostly trolls and thoughtless venting. Take that away and those that remain are scary folk. Is entertaining for a while though.

The key elements in human thinking are not numbers but labels of fuzzy sets. -- L. Zadeh

Which explains a lot.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by ldholton
Originally Posted by sherp
Like most of you(Aught6 for certain), I hope we get to read more stories like this one:

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...fused-spaghettios-meth-article-1.1957736
mistakes are made by everyone , but there is so much BS on the "net" one needs to be very carefull on what they take for facts, lots of very gullable people here at 24

No mistake was made. Mistakes get paid for, correct?

"My message to my troops is if you see anybody carrying a gun on the streets of Milwaukee, we'll put them on the ground, take the gun away and then decide whether you have a right to carry it." - Milwaukee Police Chief Ed Flynn
L
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
Me thinks there have been a few DUI tickets issued to 24 hour members

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Aught6
Originally Posted by tjm10025
Originally Posted by Fireball2

If the statute says "driving or in control of a motor vehicle" then you're screwed even if you're parked by the side of the road, sleeping it off in the driver's seat with the key in the ignition.

Probably misleading to call it Driving Under the Influence if you're going to get a Dooey for sitting or sleeping in your car while drunk.

Yes. It should be "Driving Or In Control Of A Motor Vehicle On A Public Road Or Parking Lot That Is Open To The Public While Under The Influence Of Alcohol Or Other Intoxicating Substance."

I agree on that one. If you got enough sense to park your ride and sleep it off you should not be screwed with. If you're driving hammered though, you made your bed so sleep in it. But don't forget that bit of discretion has been taken away from many officers in many places.

About the only laws I can think of that have had discretion taken away from the officer are those concerning domestic violence. But I am like you and I make things up to show support for police and other conservative groups so carry on.

"My message to my troops is if you see anybody carrying a gun on the streets of Milwaukee, we'll put them on the ground, take the gun away and then decide whether you have a right to carry it." - Milwaukee Police Chief Ed Flynn
L
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
Like most of you(Aught6 for certain), I hope we get to read more stories like this one:

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...fused-spaghettios-meth-article-1.1957736
mistakes are made by everyone , but there is so much BS on the "net" one needs to be very carefull on what they take for facts, lots of very gullable people here at 24

No mistake was made. Mistakes get paid for, correct?

Yes your momma should have paid for an abortion

Last edited by ldholton; 02/22/15.
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You seem to be a rude dickweasel.

Well than meet me face to face and line me out , but thinking your just a chicken [bleep] that hides behind a keyboard.

Well, we sure got that cleared up fast. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
L
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by milespatton

Well than meet me face to face and line me out , but thinking your just a chicken [bleep] that hides behind a keyboard.

you like to join , your not that far ,

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
It's amazing that anyone leaves their house now a days.

Hahahahahaha. You're assuming these guys actually do leave their houses.

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Come on. miles

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T

I agree on that one. If you got enough sense to park your ride and sleep it off you should not be screwed with.

I'm in favor of the "or in control" statutes, and I'm sorry that Indiana's isn't written that way.

The reasoning is that a drunk will wake up after a while, feel better and still be too drunk to realize that he's still too drunk to drive.

When a state has the "in control" wording in the DUI statute, you can reasonably bet there were some high-profile instances of a drunk doing exactly that and killing someone.

IC B3

L
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L

Come on. miles
need directions to the nursing home

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S

I agree on that one. If you got enough sense to park your ride and sleep it off you should not be screwed with.

I'm in favor of the "or in control" statutes, and I'm sorry that Indiana's isn't written that way.

The reasoning is that a drunk will wake up after a while, feel better and still be too drunk to realize that he's still too drunk to drive.

When a state has the "in control" wording in the DUI statute, you can reasonably bet there were some high-profile instances of a drunk doing exactly that and killing someone.

What if the drunk wakes up on his buddy's couch, still too drink to drive but decides to go to his car?

Seems they should arrest him on the couch. Actually, if you own a car and are drunk you should be arrested.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
need directions to the nursing home

You are the one puffing and blowing. miles

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

If Miles was to die standing up... you couldn't even push him over. And you want to challenge him while he's still alive.

But not REALLY...... right?

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by Steelhead

What if the drunk wakes up on his buddy's couch, still too drink to drive but decides to go to his car?

If it's in a private driveway, he's probably OK in an "in control" state. If he's parked in the street and he's got the key and for some reason a cop stops to do a wellness check on him, he's boned.

Nobody's brought it up, but if a guy is parked by the side of the road, drunk and asleep in the driver's seat and there's no ignition key, either in the car or his pockets, he may be okay, because there's no way he can start the car (control not possible), depending on the jurisdiction and appellate court precedent.

Where's the key? Drunk girlfriend took it and walked home.

P
PVT Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
P
everyone blames the "cop" for bad issues makes me wonder if all these folks have ever been in the military and under the "chain of command" one high up person can [bleep] a lot of good people

I doubt most of them have left their parents basement let alone been in the military or had a job with similar structure. One thing for sure is that they won't let go of their paranoid thought process even after a full psychiatric session from Dr. Phil. That's OK as they are job security for those they despise most. Now I know where all that 22LR ammo is hoarded. Love it, fantastic entertainment. This thread will likely go several more pages and still have no point other than cops are dicks no matter what good they do. Everybody needs a place I guess. This is as good as any for them to rest their tinfoil covered heads. Time to find something more entertaining. Perhaps watching the Oscars will make more sense??!!

Now this I find interesting. Having spent seven years in the Navy, then 21 years with a company that, by necessity, has a similar command structure, I am to forego God given rights to privacy? The Constitution limits what the Federal Government can do. It does not grant rights. This is a good thing. Thankfully my State has decided against these kind of roadblocks, because the people demanded it.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

I am sure you will agree that Indiana handles some drunk drivers the right way though.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2010/08/1...officer-fatal-crash-blood-test-concerns/

although they seem to have gotten a little overzealous on a subsequent incident:

http://articles.latimes.com/2013/apr/28/nation/la-na-nn-indiana-drunk-driving-20130428

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T

Sherp, if you had dug a little deeper, you would have found that David Bisard was in fact put on trial and convicted in that fatal DUI case. Sentenced to prison.

http://www.indystar.com/story/news/...rd-awaits-sentencing-fate-today/3755871/

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Twice the legal limit in his patrol car with the lights and sirens going, he kills a guy and they drop the charges. And we have folks here that don't see we have a little cop problem here and there. Bunch of [bleep] idiots.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T

Page 10 of 13 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 13

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

101 members (7mm_Loco, 10gaugemag, 2ndwind, 44automag, 99Ozarks, 673, 17 invisible), 1,485 guests, and 966 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,118
Posts18,483,487
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.