Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
S
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
Never have understood this one. Don't get it at all. Some people get great pleasure in this one. Sadomasochist lunatics, IMHO. Where does the normal food taste pleasure enter into this one that burns like he!! all the way to the end? Why the need for spice and pain?

My Grandad used to eat (one after another) green chili rellenos while wiping his forehead of sweat. I never did get it.

A local restaurant where I used to live advertised some hot sheet of some kind. Don't remember if it was wings or mescan or what. Not only did they require a signed waiver.........but you had to wear latex gloves. After a while I thought.......why gloves to eat this hot stuff? That doesn't even make sense. If it'll burn your fingertips............than what the he!! does it do to your insides??

Turns out some guy had bare fingered the foods first.........and then went to the restroom. Almost burned his dick off. But I bet he still finished the food.

Maybe you HOT food fellers can splain this sick, twisted desire to me. But right now......I don't get it. At all.

https://gma.yahoo.com/may-worlds-ho...r-first-181340044--abc-news-Recipes.html

Last edited by SBH; 02/25/15.

Confucius say: He who angers you.......controls you.

My Lifestance is one of Secular Humanism.

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
WTF Chris, can't take the heat?
I like hot stuff, but there is a point. But I did get told my chili was too hot at a local chili cook off a couple of years ago.

Pussies, it was a freakin chili cook off. Did cayenne, New Mexico, and California chiles. Beef, bear, and venison, onions, jalapenos, tomatoes and sauce.

It was great, but not for sissy Maries

Sean
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I like spicy foods unless they are so hot you can't taste anything. If it's too hot the real problem comes when it starts percolating. I had some ghost pepper hot wings one time that wrecked me for a good 24hrs. Rev limiter kicked in with those and I have backed quite a bit since.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You know it was to hot when it brings tears to your eyes the next day.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Just put toilet paper in the freezer the day before.

There is no way to coexist no matter how many bumper stickers there are on Subaru bumpers!

IC B2

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
And chase the peppers with ice cream. Because the next morning you'll be holding onto the toilet seat yelling "Come on ice cream!!!!!"

“When Tyranny becomes Law, Rebellion becomes Duty”

Colossians 3:17 (New King James Version)
"And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him."
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I've had co-workers use pepper spray on burritos. Mostly as a joke. But it didn't seem to bother them.

I'm not a spicy food guy. I like most of my food to be as spicy as a boiled potato. Or less.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I like hot Cajun food and can eat the stuff that makes you sweat, but I can't go too hot on Mexican food. Must be the different kinds of peppers.

What I don't understand is the need to put jalapenos on non traditional, non Mexican things. Like on chicken fried steak or even a rib eye. Folks do that sort of thing here in Texas.

That said I have a friend that puts either jalapenos or Tabasco sauce on just about everything. He suffered a brain injury in a car wreck that left him with very little sense of taste. So, to "taste" anything he has to spice it up.

To answer the op, maybe those who like to spice everything up have a lower sense of taste than those who don't?

"An open message for all Democrats; "Look you are nothing and your work is worthless. Anyone who chooses you is detestable."
Isaiah 41:24 (HCSB)

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I like spicey food as long as its not so spicey it is uncomfortable. Their is a point for me that is to much. I like to taste my food, if its so hot i can no longer taste what the overall flavor of the food is I don't like it.

Eating fried chicken and watermelon since 1972.

You tell me how I ought to be, yet you don't even know your own sexuality,, the philosopher,,, you know so much about nothing at all. Chuck Schuldiner
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Jalapeños are good with many foods and are among the mildest of the hot peppers. I much prefer habaneros and enjoy several varieties and ways of having them prepared, from ground to dried to smoked. I like the smoked and then ground and add just enough to some food to give some taste and a little heat to foods and sandwiches. Putting so much on food that you have to drink a gallon of milk and poop fire for three days is not for me.

Beware of thieves, scammers and dishonest members on the "Fire" classifieds. Ya there is a thief here too. Whatever!!

They're all around the CampFire and everywhere.
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
You get used to the heat. It's like exercising.
I don't wear gloves when I work with jalapenos and it doesn't bother me in the least. But I don't like food so hot I hurry up eating it. A little perspiration is nice, but I don't like "joke hot".

Islam is a terrorist organization.

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
The only hot food that has kicked my azz was proper Thai.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Just the thought of jalapenos makes my mouth water. Love em. I ate a fresh one last night with four carne asada tacos, every bite had jalapeno based salsa on it too.

Love spicy Italian food.

Meat and country gravy have to heavy in garlic, salt and pepper.

Spice of life.

The issue is never the issue. The issue is always the revolution.

David Horowitz, Saul Alinsky and every woman I've ever argued with.
N
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
N
My guts cant take the super hot junk that I used to feed myself on a regular basis.

I discovered "Tamed jalopenos" a while back.

It's like cheating, good pepper flavor without destroying your guts and burning your colon out.

not that jalopenos are "hot", but it's what I've been reduced to if I want an uneventful eating experience with some zing.

[Linked Image]

Something clever here.

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
The "hot" chemical directs your body to produce the same chemicals (in response to feeling under attack) that fight-or-flight response induces. The after-effect is pleasurable, and one's brain comes to associate the hot food with pleasure over pain.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'm a pepper belly. I love the hot stuff...with good flavor. I don't like 'heat' just for heats sake, but I love really hot sauces and spicy foods with good flavor. I still think plain old Tabasco Sauce is hard to beat for flavor. I love it...I go through a 12 ounce bottle every week. I especially love it on eggs, breakfast tacos, beans, nachos, and rice dishes...and a bunch of other stuff. I love a good habanero sauce too. There's one called 'Yucatan Sunshine' that is exceptionally good.
[Linked Image]
I found this wonderful sauce many years ago in downtown San Antonio at a store in the Market Square there. It's made from red (ripe) jalapeños. Fantastic flavor, and it will light you up.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Not for me. YOunger days I did.

For some reason its got to be mild these days.

I love stuffed jalepenos but I have to core them correctly to get all the hot stuff out. The flavor is great, but the heat just doesn't do anything for me.

And now that I think about it, whatever response this stuff gives, I don't have a clue why I ate it when younger, the flavor today is still as good, without the misery...

Now I"m still not even with my nephews wife who knows how I feel about heat... who gave me a chip dipped in some ghost pepper crap as I walked in their door to a party once... hands full of bags... and I trusted her.... she'll pay one of these days... funny she is prego now and pukes when she smells our deer sausage cooking..... I might be headed over there with a cooked one one of these days..... LOL...

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Antlers, find a bottle of Arizona Gunslinger. It's made from ripe red jalapenos, and it puts Tabasco to shame for flavor. Here's a secret tip: try some on potato salad. You'll never eat plain potato salad again. GUNSLINGER LINK

I can't enjoy the level of heat I used to, but I still love the stuff.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Thanks for the link RockyRaab, I'll get some to try out.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

575 members (10gaugemag, 160user, 1badf350, 10ring1, 1234, 1beaver_shooter, 64 invisible), 14,532 guests, and 1,030 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,195,177
Posts18,543,123
Members74,058
Most Online21,066
May 26th, 2024

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.