Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
For those of you that don't like the clubby B&C stock that comes on the M70 Extreme Weathers, there's another option without spending McMillan type money. I recently ordered a B&C Stock from Redhawk rifles for a newly acquired M70 and this stock I recieved is not the same B&C that's on the extreme weathers, the grip is much thinner as is the fore end. It actually feels like a first gen Ti stock. I'll try to get a weight on it as it feels pretty light, well under 2lbs. If you already knew this then I'm late to the game but I am tickled pink with it and figured I'd pass it on. Here's the link to the stocks, I ordered the SA version.

http://www.redhawkrifles.com/products/stocks/bellcarlson/sporterstocks/winchesterarms

GB1

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Weight is roughly 27oz

[Linked Image]

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Good to know. Thanks!

Ben

Some days it takes most of the day for me to do practically nothing...
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by AlaskaCub
For those of you that don't like the clubby B&C stock that comes on the M70 Extreme Weathers, there's another option without spending McMillan type money. I recently ordered a B&C Stock from Redhawk rifles for a newly acquired M70 and this stock I recieved is not the same B&C that's on the extreme weathers, the grip is much thinner as is the fore end. It actually feels like a first gen Ti stock. I'll try to get a weight on it as it feels pretty light, well under 2lbs. If you already knew this then I'm late to the game but I am tickled pink with it and figured I'd pass it on. Here's the link to the stocks, I ordered the SA version.

http://www.redhawkrifles.com/products/stocks/bellcarlson/sporterstocks/winchesterarms

That appears to be a medalist stock, which is what Winchester uses on the extreme weather. Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't it the same stock?????

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
I don't know what is going on here, but I know that this is not the same stocks that have been on the m70 EW's I've handled. It seems that my research turned up that the EW stocks were pretty close to 2 lbs and when I read the specs on Stockys stocks website the description listed it at 28oz , they didn't have the color I wanted so I cross checked the stock part # at RedHawks and took the gamble. If someone with an EW stock has some measurements I can compare. I just know I've owned several B&C's on Rem's and Tikkas's and this one feels more like the trimmer 1st gen Ti stocks I've had.

IC B2

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
How much weight savings compared to the BC stocks on the EW rifles?

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by bearstalker

I don't have the weight of a BC on an EW from Win, I just know in my hands this stock is different. In addition I'm gonna need to hog out the barrel channel a bit for fitment.

Last edited by AlaskaCub; 02/27/15.
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
AlaskaCub, I'm wondering if they also changed the stocks on the new Winchester EW? You would think a Medalist is a medalist is a medalist. Yes or no? Were you handeling a SA stock, because the SA EW stocks are said to be a little more slender than the LA EW stocks. At least that's the word on the streets.. Weight has also never been a real concern with the EW stocks, but bulkiness has been.

I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.

BSA MAGA
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
I don't know man, it's possible. All I know is that each and every time I've handled an EW I could never get over the stock and the idea of paying $900 + for it knowing that I would want to replace the stock turned me off of them. I've got smallish hands and the ones I've handled felt like clubs in my hands.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by bearstalker

My EW is a long action and a bedded M70 FWT stock with edge fill weighed 25oz and the unbedded EW stock weighed 30oz. I paid around $500 for my Mickey second hand and after I sold the EW stock for $150 it wasn't much of a difference.

IC B3

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
I hear you. I have big mitts and the factory EW stock felt like crap to me as well. Mine was on a LA though... My buddies 300 WSM SA didn't feel as bulky for some reason.. My 30-06 got put into a McMillan edge in a big hurry. I knew I hated the factory stick and had a Micky in the mail as the rifle was shipped to me. If this Medalist stock is different in a good way, it may be worth a look, as it is quite a bit cheaper than a Micky...

BSA MAGA
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
The EW stock that came from the factory on my 308 is the B&C Medalist. It was 28 or 29 OZ IIRC. The standard Medalist stocks are 36-40 oz, but they offer what they call a lightweight for the Winchester and Vanguard. They are slightly under 30 oz. A standard weight McMillan is 30-32 oz and the Edge is usually 20-24 oz.

I used it as it came from the factory for year before running across someone selling a used Edge stock in the classifieds here at a good price. After selling the take off factory stock I only have about $300 in the Edge. Makes a HUGE difference. I forget the exact weight of the Edge, but the complete rifle including Leupold 2.5-8X36 scope and Talley mounts is 7b lbs 5 oz. It's not just the weight, the feel and balance is much better.

[Linked Image]

Most people don't really want the truth.

They just want constant reassurance that what they believe is the truth.
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
my Medalist from a few years ago

[Linked Image]

the Redhawk stock.

[Linked Image]

hard to tell, but I hope they slimmed them down. I find the Medalist usable, but the Remington version is slimmer/trimmer in my paws.

I also did not know about the lightweight version of the M70 Medalist.

Guns don't kill people, drivers with cell phones kill people.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Been there, done that. Redhawk BC. Hope your inlet is better than this POS was. Best thing I ever did was load 50 rounds of 130 NPT's and throw this thing in the back of the safe for a backup/loaner...
[Linked Image]

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by toad

hard to tell, but I hope they slimmed them down. I find the Medalist usable, but the Remington version is slimmer/trimmer in my paws.

I also did not know about the lightweight version of the M70 Medalist.

That title of lightweight is what caught my eye and peeked my interest, rolled the dice and am glad I did. Inletting is very good but I do need to hog out some material Near the shank because of the magnum barrel.

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker

[Linked Image]

the Redhawk stock.

[Linked Image]

My stock does not look like the pic above on RedHawks site, that's the clubby ones. I'm thinking they redesigned them.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
I'm with JMR40 on this (always have been). I was into a used (couldn't tell it from new) Mcmillan for $400.00 I believe, after selling the EW stock, a person can be into a Micky for $250.00 if they get a real good deal on a used edge or even standard fill hunters compact for that matter. I like them both regardless, but some rifles handle/balance a little better with the standard fill vs. the edge fill.

BSA MAGA
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by AlaskaCub

[Linked Image]

the Redhawk stock.

[Linked Image]

My stock does not look like the pic above on RedHawks site, that's the clubby ones. I'm thinking they redesigned them.

Post a picture my friend. It's worth a thousand words. The stock you posted from that site looks like the same ol medalist which comes on the EW...

BSA MAGA
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
McMillan is a bargain at full retail.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
I love the Mcmillan's and have always got extremely lucky and found exactly what I've wanted on the used market.. No wait and much less coin.. However, if I HAD to buy new I'd do it in a heartbeat... Guns aren't just a hobby to me, they are an investment.. wink

BSA MAGA
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

579 members (160user, 10gaugeman, 1lessdog, 1minute, 10gaugemag, 1badf350, 52 invisible), 2,549 guests, and 1,315 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,475
Posts18,471,521
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.