Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
W
Wyogal Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
W
Friends of mine have Blue Cross Blue Shield under the ACA.
His wife gets labs drawn at their Dr office. Their portion of the cost was $900.00 !!!! The hospital did the actual work up of the labs. Of course my friends have a $4000.00 deductible.

I don't have insurance. I get the exact same labs drawn at the hospital, as a private pay customer, and I paid $80.00.
While her labs were drawn at her Dr, its the same hospital that ran my labs.

This is insane......

Last edited by Wyogal; 03/02/15.
GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
You are correct.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Accountants and billing clerks.......particularly in the medical biz.....do make mistakes.

Call 'em and call BS.

Confucius say: He who angers you.......controls you.

My Lifestance is one of Secular Humanism.

W
Wyogal Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
W
They did.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by Wyogal
They did.

So what yer telling me.....is I need to cancel my insurance entirely and play deadbeat?

Ain't no place on this planet where even routine bloodwork costs 80 bucks.

Crawl back under your rock.

IC B2

W
Wyogal Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
W
Yes there is. It used to be called Wy Healthfair labs. Now its called Direct access labs, through Lifepoint hospital system.
SBH, I don't care what you do with your insurance...though, might have thought of a suggestion...

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
the hospital i go to runs what they call a 'birthday special' for bout that....once a year you can go in and get everything like cholesterol, thyroid hormone, liver function and i forget what all else for pretty cheap if you pay cash at the time of the draw....i do it every year to save me some money cause the docs keep pretty close eye on my thyroid and liver function.....the cholesterol is mostly FYI cause its always been good

Last edited by rattler; 03/02/15.

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
All I had to see was the part about the $4,000 deductible, to know it was a mistake or BS.

Phil

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by rattler
the hospital i go to runs what they call a 'birthday special' for bout that....once a year you can go in and get everything like cholesterol, thyroid hormone, liver function and i forget what all else for pretty cheap if you pay cash at the time of the draw....i do it every year to save me some money cause the docs keep pretty close eye on my thyroid and liver function.....the cholesterol is mostly FYI cause its always been good

RA,

You're cracking me up. And then just how much do they charge you for further work if a single indicator is slightly outta whack??

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
well my liver function is always out of whack and my thyroid meds tend to only be adjusted every other year.....havent had an extra test for anything out of whack since they figured out my high liver function is just me being an outlier on the statistical curve, it might not fit the average normal but since it effectively never moves it is and has always been my normal....

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
IC B3

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S

RA,

Love the 'Montana Birthday Special'. Sounds like Wyoming is offering the same, only maybe year round.

Can I drive north for a day or two and have the PVNS in my right knee removed for $99.99?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
god you are a phuggin idiot....if you dont realize hospitals offer cash discounts your a moron....they have for a long time........

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
god you are a phuggin idiot....if you dont realize hospitals offer cash discounts your a moron....they have for a long time........

RA,

Are you faulting me for being a responsible, working American with health insurance being my #1 primo benefit?

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Think people are getting the terminology all mixed up between;

Deductible, Out of Pocket Expense, and Co-Insurance...

Phil

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
im working and have health insurance aswell....but mine comes with a deductible and ill save money where i can.....lil cash on occasion gives me more bang for my buck

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by Greyghost
Think people are getting the terminology all mixed up between;

Deductible, Out of Pocket Expense, and Co-Insurance...

Phil

The statement was made.........that some level of bloodwork.........only costs 80 bucks.

And.........I'm calling BS aaaaaaaallll over that one. Unless it includes only a nursing assistant sticking your finger with the quicky glucose meter.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
and your full of chit as usual.....get off the phuggin pills.........

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
does sbh stand for sux balls homeboy? he seems to fit the bill.

I like liberals-------------------------------------they make good bear bait! grin
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
It's best not to question these things. If you simply bend over and take whatever it is that they have for you, right up the arse, you'll be much more content. 53% of the populace cannot be wrong. Just follow along. If your healthcare bankrupts you, you can always count on the government to bring in a shipping container for you to live in half of...as "getting sick should never cause anyone to go bankrupt" You'd be surprised how comfortable half a shipping container can be! You'll even have room for your bicycle! Once installed in your half shipping container, you will no longer feel the need for internet access that allows you to actually learn anything, or enjoy interaction, like this website, let alone any hobbies that might take up space or distract you from being a productive citizen. You'll have everything you need, with included web access that will tell you how to think AND feel.

SBH is commie cacksucker, it's best just to ignore his ignorant arse. I've not been around for some time...Is this Jeff_O?

Last edited by kciH; 03/02/15.

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." TJ

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing". EB

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Only thing I hate more than a lib is a lib-hater that spews pitiful, outrageous, un-American, America-destroying lies.....just to try to prove their point.

It's sickening and VERY tiresome to me. And it's a good deal of the reason that this country is done. Nothing in it's extreme form is a good thing in life. Nothing.

Stubborn, extreme conservatives will stop at nothing to gain their point.........just like the libs. Absolutely no difference between the two.

Exhibit A.......right here.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

659 members (12344mag, 19rabbit52, 10gaugemag, 10gaugeman, 160user, 007FJ, 65 invisible), 3,286 guests, and 1,317 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,486
Posts18,471,860
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.