Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
I really l-o-v-e this site. It's one of my favorites 'cause there's so few opinions and most here just won't speak their minds :)) Keep up the good work!!

GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by 1899sav
My other point is, Savage Prices have seem to drop, and not because of solely the Economy.DOUBT IT. But this Group has a Big Influence in the market, being right or wrong, and if you don't thinks so, check again, as to some listings, there are people now dating guns, because of this group, and some are not even members, there are some base prices from years back, because of this group.

Nah, if this group had any affect on prices then we'd have seen entire tables full of $150 99's from when Lauren used to post on here frequently. grin

The Savage 99 Pocket Reference”.
All models and variations of 1895’s, 1899’s and 99’s covered.
Also dates, checkering, engraving.. Find at www.savagelevers.com
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by FUG1899
Here this group goes if I can't steal it I will not buy it but when I sell it it is the best in the world for all the money and Five dollars more!!

Some people have the luxury of being able to pay more for a rifle than they can sell it for just because they want it.

I don't.

"You cannot invade mainland America. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass"
~Admiral Yamamoto~

When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty. ~Thomas Jefferson~
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Calhoun

And I don't think what WE say on this forum has squat to do with market prices:

Agreed

How could it possibly? We can't even agree.

I don't have any agenda. Nothing to gain or lose by reporting what I see guns trading for. I've got some I paid to much for and some that were good investments. It is what it is.

"You cannot invade mainland America. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass"
~Admiral Yamamoto~

When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty. ~Thomas Jefferson~
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Once you get to the stage in this addiction where you know what you're looking at, you know you want it, you know how hard it will be to find another, you better buy it no matter how many widgets or how much overtime you have to work to pay for it.

Otherwise, you lay in bed at night thinking, "Man, I wish I had". I'm looking at one right now for $900+ that I know I should buy but tax season screws up my buying. Happens every year.

Oh well, at least I know several people on the dole can continue to buy their cigarettes and booze because of my sacrifice.

LOL
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
My other point is, Savage Prices have seem to drop, and not because of solely the Economy.DOUBT IT. But this Group has a Big Influence in the market, being right or wrong, and if you don't thinks so, check again, as to some listings, there are people now dating guns, because of this group, and some are not even members, there are some base prices from years back, because of this group.

Nah, if this group had any affect on prices then we'd have seen entire tables full of $150 99's from when Lauren used to post on here frequently. grin

He is still a regular poster,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,just not Lauren anymore.

NRA Endowment Life Member (and proud of it)

Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing.

Wise men speak because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something. - Plato

Deuteronomy 22:5

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by Longbeardking

Well, who da heck is he now?

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I don't believe it...

First 22HP that was posted and he'd be unable to restrain himself. grin

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by gregintenn
Originally Posted by Longbeardking

Well, who da heck is he now?

WEll If I'd Wager a GUESS it BE 99308F grin

�Can we move this along?" a bored voice stated. "I have places to be and people to shag."

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

WEll If I'd Wager a GUESS it BE 99308F grin

He must be one tough sumbitch to shoot one of those. even Joe won't go there.

LOL
IC B3

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Originally Posted by Fireball2
He must be one tough sumbitch to shoot one of those. even Joe won't go there.

Not that difficult to shoot one of those..... cool wink

If you have ever shot a TC Contender with a 16.5" tapered lightweight 45-70 barrel, you would think the 308F is a 22-250. It is even worse out of a handgun setup. Just don't ask me how I know that. whistle

Lloyd McCarter and the Honky Tonk Revival
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Yeah but Joe said...

LOL
D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
OK...... grin

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Don't bring me into this thread, I'm just sitting back and enjoying the show.

And biting my tongue really hard.

24 hour sarcastic S.O.B.
D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Copper pot....copper pot. Sit down and have one or two and enjoy.
cool cool wink

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by mad_dog
Don't bring me into this thread, I'm just sitting back and enjoying the show.

I'm just funnin ya ol buddy. Good job on the tongue biting. You do know you're fun to fun right?

LOL
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by mad_dog

Okay... who is this, and what did you do with the real mad_dog?

grin

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Oh ya, I know.

This isn't the first time we've talked about Wildwood and have always laughed at their prices for years now, it's just interesting that all of a sudden there's a disagreement among the forum on them now.

No need for me to get into this because I'm from Canada and couldn't buy a gun from them even if I wanted to.

24 hour sarcastic S.O.B.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Oh ya, I know.

Loving this whole conversation. Sitting back, sipping Scotch and LMAO. grin Kinda like when I go the the monthly WAC gunshow. Every time I go these days I see guns that have been for sale for 20 years or more. Most of them are on dealer's tables. Never could understand why a dealer would want to have a show only table. grin

Go tell the Spartans,Travelers passing by,That here,Obedient to their laws we lie.

I'm older now but I'm still runnin' against the wind

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I do find it interesting that so many gun stores find a rat 99 and put it up for sale for $1000+ like it is something amazing. Here in Buffalo NY the Buffalo Gun Store on Harlem Ave does this. They always have 2 or 3 there and their pricing on the old 99's is laughable and nowhere near real-world pricing. Cabela's opened a new store here recently. I go there often just to look for new arrivals. They have a 99 that somebody sawed the top of the cheek-piece off, and added wood so that it is very high and functions for a scope better. Now why the guy who did the work did a nice job, the gun is ruined. It looks very odd and the modification is so obvious. None the less, Cabela's has this gun for sale for $1,200. Then right next to it there was a nice little 99 in .303 that was almost perfect, made in 1919. I purchased it for $750. Not sure what they are thinking when they value these old 99's but glad they are not on top of their game sometimes.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Rick99, RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

632 members (160user, 10Glocks, 10gaugemag, 1badf350, 10ring1, 007FJ, 73 invisible), 2,629 guests, and 1,407 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,094
Posts18,483,019
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.