Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
I agree,in part, however, the idea that any hunting by foreigners should be allowed while people like me, whose ancestors founded the area's towns and amenities, must accept any restriction, is NOT acceptable.

The resource harvesting roads were and in some cases are now necessary for the economic stability of the region and MANY of us DO NOT want a lot of "eco-tourists" around as an economically poor substitute for our once burgeoning forest industry.

The solution, is to end all GO activity in the Kootenays, both hunting and angling within five years and enforce restrictions on resident harvest and access AND do some SERIOUS predator control.

The LEH system sucks, as Bill rightly points out and we would be better off with shortened, staggered GOS for the game as well as a limited form of "draw system" to have our friends in the USA, AUS., NZ, UK and so on have some access to our hunting.

I MUCH prefer a "hunter host" system to the GOs and I think most residents would agree. I could then host some of the friends I have made here and enjoy sports hunting rather than watch our game sold by a privileged few.

Now, I have NEVER used an ATV, but, am now a bit crippled and will be 69 by next Elk season. I was born there, my family has lived there for about 125 years and, very bluntly, MY needs take precedence over some GO and his rich, foreign client!

It IS going to change and soon, I have NEVER seen local people so POed about issues of this type as now and the heat is on the gov't.

GB1

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by Akbob5
MR84,

I'm sorry to hear of your unfortunate incident, but I have to say IMHO it is very bad form to join a forum for the soul purpose of trashing outfitter of persons X,Y, or Z.

I hope your future posts
Welcome, BTW.

Sorry to hear of this and thanks for posting about a pos.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
F
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
F
Wow - that's a scary one to hear. It's bad enough to hear that the OP had such a bad time with the guide & the outfitter. But moreso when I realized that I have hunted with Tyson in the past.

He was 18 or 19 at the time, and working for a different GO in the North Fork of the Flathead. That Guide Outfitter was absolutely 100% top notch, and I've hunted with them 4 times.

I only spent a couple days with Tyson, and only on foot: I never got to see him with the pack string. I won't abide anyone mistreating horses on a hunt, and certainly not the guide. This part, alone, would have ruined the hunt for me.

As said before, it's even more of a [bleep], given that the OP did far more research on the guide & GO than most ever bother to. I'm damned sorry to hear about this.

FC

"Every day is a holiday, and every meal is a banquet."

- Mrs. FC
M
MR84 Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Thanks for the kind words Snap

M
MR84 Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Originally Posted by slg888
Holy Sh*t, sounds like you booked a trip to the Jerry Springer show vs an Elk Hunt. Sorry to hear this.

I'd suggest editing the topic by adding the outfitters name to Bad guide/outfiiter for potential hunters doing a google search review on the guy.

Thanks good advice yes it was a circus

IC B2

M
MR84 Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Originally Posted by BC30cal
MR84;
Welcome to the 'Fire from south central BC - about 5 or 6 valleys and 7 hours west of the Bull River country.

I'm sorry to read about your misfortunes hunting here sir and honestly that's one of the primary reasons I began the thread at the top of this section "Planning a Hunt in Canada" - that is to say to attempt to prevent fiascoes such as you described from taking place.

One of the initial things I find both vexing and puzzling in your story is that you did check out the references beforehand.

Accounts such as you've related double and triple underline why I admonish perspective hunters to check with both successful and unsuccessful clients before booking. Listening carefully to what people DO NOT say is often more telling than what they will.

While it may not bear much fruit at this juncture for you, I'd certainly at very least contact the Guide Outfitters Association of BC to lodge a complaint and I'd send a CC to the outfitter and the Better Business Bureau of BC too.

http://www.bbb.org/mbc

As my cyber friend SNAP said so well, it's a black eye for us residents that these goat roping rodeos are allowed to take place. We're working on changing that - but it's a slow process as you can imagine.

Anyway sir, again welcome to the 'Fire and I'm sorry to meet under these circumstances.

Dwayne

Good advice thankyou

M
MR84 Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Thanks Bob

M
MR84 Offline OP
OP Offline
M
No problem Steve I just hope it helps others to not get burnt also

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Damn, that sucks. I appreciate very much that you chose to share it however. That outfitter should have his license revoked for life.

I prefer classic.
Semper Fi
I used to run with the hare. Now I'm envious of the tortoise and I do my own stunts but rarely intentionally
M
M
Bad Online Review.

Im posting this on my website to give an honest response to very untruthful and inappropriate post.
First off (Ankle Concerns)
I spoke with Matt approx. two weeks before his hunt when he informed me of his ankle issues. We talked about how that could affect his hunt. First I offered him to come the following year (AT NO EXTRA COST). I explained to him we would utilize the horses as much as possible but the hunt would require a large amount of hiking regardless. Matt insisted he would be fine and the hunt was to commence as planned.
I had gotten to know Matt fairly well over the course of a year. I sent him pictures of past successful hunts over the summer and pictures of the scenery as I cut trail throughout the summer. He told me stories of his hunt in Africa and a hunt in New Zealand that he was also unhappy with… Matt insisted he was a seasoned hunter that could handle anything that would come at him. ( I informed him of past hunts that required “cold camping” ,intense physical work and long days.) Matt insisted he was physically and mentally prepared to do what it took.
The first day.
Yes I did pick up Matt 3 hours later than planned. Yes I did have a toe ball welded on my truck. (It was damaged a few days prior and could not be repaired until then) Yes we met Lisa at the store to pick up the majority of our food as we were to be in a different area. At this point we were still making good time to be in camp. There were problems finding horses that evening. I told Matt to head to camp and have dinner and I would find them and catch up with him shortly. Yes it did take longer than expected and I wasn’t able to locate them until early the next morning. As we drove to the area we were to hunt I apologized to Matt for the inconvienence and offered him an extra day of hunting at no cost if needed.
I should also mention Matt insisted on driving my truck while I was on foot. He felt his experience driving with trailers made him better suited than Lisa. After several warnings Matt drove further until there were no more areas to turn around. Resulting in him jackknifing and damaging my truck and the horse float.
Day 1 of the hunt…
The first day found us trailing horses into a large valley that consistently produced good elk. As promised Matt was the only guided hunter hunting out of this camp. It was at this point Matt informed me of his plans to work for another outfitter in Northern BC following our hunt, as he dreamt to be a guide in BC one day. Matt insisted I treat him like a friend and coach him along with horses as he did not want to arrive at the next outfit with no knowledge. He insisted I was up front with him regarding anything he was doing wrong as far as horsemanship was concerned. I can admit the hunt changed from here on in and Matt was treated as a companion and not a typical client.(As per his request)
I tried my hardest to coach him along teaching him everything from the basics of saddling to packing and everything in between. By day two I could tell that Matt was rethinking his Northern BC adventure as he had come to realize the amount of work the horses require. What started as someone listening and helping turned into a careless attitude putting himself and the horses at risk daily. I checked over anything he touched (when he decided to help) and found everything in dissaray. From large branches stuck under the saddle to cinches being criss crossed to upside down bridles… At one point he dismounted his horse for a bathroom break dropped the reins and lead rope as his horse turned to graze he bumped Matt. Long story short he spooked his horse and was chasing after it holding on to his tail! Throughout this time I was very firm with Matt as he requested. I told him several times he needed to know the basics before he advanced to throwing diamonds.
Now I will say this. The hunting was slow. Apart from the first week of September we received zero rainfall and temperatures stayed a constant 15C to 25-30C in the afternoons. As any outfit in the bull river will attest too. We focused in some high basins but mainly areas with wallows and dark timber. I asked matt if he was comfortable without a tent. He was fine. We did pack tarps in case of a sudden weather change which didn’t happen. There was very little sign of elk and the unseasonal heat wasn’t helping . Keep in mind we were three days into a ten day hunt at this point. As we rode out of the first big drainage I noticed one of the horses had thrown a shoe. I informed Matt of this and we discussed a plan to drop the horse at main camp and hunt another good producing drainage by foot the following day.
Day 4
We dropped the horse of by 4 am and were hiking up a large slide into an area where I had successfully guided another aussie hunter a few years prior. Up until this point Matt never complained about his foot. Not one word was mentioned. Now this mountain was steep but a mountain I had guided many hunters age 55 and above in previous years. Now this is when the “backseat guiding started” Matt questioned every decision I made as far as the hunting went. Every time we stopped every time I bugled every time I glassed Matt had a better idea. But he had watched every mossy oak video there was and was sure he knew how to do things. That was fine. Ive been guiding for over ten years and this was not the first time that had happened. We slowly side hilled up valley and encountered more and more elk sign. The most wed seen at this point. It wasn’t long before several cows were spotted below us. At this point Matt was struggling. We had been hiking on and off for about 3 hours . I feel it necessary to mention the superb athlete that I initially booked was not in fact. Matt Roe is roughly 5’5 and 240 lbs. Severely overweight for his size and age. Nonetheless we continued to hunt. It wasn’t long and Matt was exhausted. This was the most hiking we had done since the trip started. He began to whine about his ankle , I suggested we continue on a bit further then head down the ridge back to the truck. He agreed and followed. About halfway downhill he seemed to be in more severe pain. We managed to make it back to the truck And Matt was in fairly good shape. He said his ankle felt better and was happy from the amount of sign we seen. I agreed and mentioned trying this spot again in the morning, but suddenly the injury revisited us. (Can you see where this is going?) Matt had invisioned galloping up the mountain and shooting a 330 bull from his saddle which was never ever portrayed. As we arrived back at camp with horses Matt was limping pretty severely. We discussed options to ride into some other areas or rest a day and do some glassing from the truck. I gave Matt the option as only he could decide how his ankle felt. No surprise to me he elected to take the truck.
Day 5 started around 5 AM we took off from camp headed high into a cut block to glass. It wasn’t ten minutes after daylight and I had spotted several cows high in a slide. I pointed them out to Matt but he insisted they were moose. After he stared through my Swarovski spotting scope he reluctantly agreed they were in fact elk. We moved to a different vantage point and quickly I Spotted a younger 6 by 5 bull high in a nearby slide. The bull had several cows and wasn’t going far. Matt had told me he would rather go home without a bull than shoot a 290 class elk. This changed several times throughout the day as we discussed all options to hunt this elk. Matt was looking for a guarantee we would harvest this bull which of course I could not give. Although I felt with an honest effort we had a great shot.
By day 5 I could tell Matt had already been beat mentally and physically. He was depressed over his ankle, he realized he was unfit to wrangle in the north ,never mind become a future guide and was physically exhausted due to his size,weight and obvious lack of preparation for this hunt. The following day was spent the same glassing and driving. Although Matt did have an opportunity to harvest a young male blackbear. I informed him the bear was not huge but a good representation of the species. He elected to pass and scolded me for stopping in a puddle. We headed back to camp to take a nap during the afternoon heat when Matt came to me in tears, he informed me he felt he could not continue due to his ankle injuries. I tried to convince Matt to stay giving every option to at least continue hunting. We could have been lucky in any circumstance as everyone knows that is hunting. His mind was made up and he was beat down by the mountains ,injury,physical fitness, and mental weakness. Because the hunting was not as good as it had been in years passed I offered Matt a full 10 day hunt for the same species at no cost. Whenever he felt fit enough to return. At this time he was very gracious and appreciated all I had done. He spoke of future cougar hunts and we planned a date for 2017 for him to return and hunt elk. So to say I was blindsided by this report would be an understatement.
From the time I dropped him off to about a week later Matt had drafted up this report and threatened to post it on every forum he could unless I paid him over 9000$ Flights,Meals,hotels every expense he incurred travelling to Canada. I couldn’t understand why he would do this until I recalled a conversation we had about his work. Matt had mentioned he worked as a subcontractor and did not want to have surgery on his ankle until he had enough money to take approx. 6 months off work while he healed from the surgery. Being a contractor he was not eligble for any insurance coverage during this time. Im certain Matt hurt himself bad enough that surgery would be required as soon as he returned home and did not have the funds to either pay for the surgery or take time off work while he healed. Which explains why he was so intent on blackmailing me for the outrageous sum of over $9000.

The fact of the matter is Matt was not a seasoned hunter, Not a hunter at all. He underestimated the mountains he would be hunting in. Was nowhere close to being physically fit enough to hunt in BC. He was mentally beat by day 5 and totally quit on day 6 of a ten day hunt. I catered to Matt as much as I could but it was not enough. I offered every avenue to continue hunting and went above and beyond to offer him a free hunt as soon as his ankle was better.( Before any of this forum was even talked about)
There are some other facts I would like to clear up here:
-Any relations I had with Lisa Cocciolo had absolutely no effect on Matts hunt.
-At one point a packhorse layed down and began to roll fully loaded. I was very assertive to get the horse back on its feet to avoid damage to gear and injury to the horse. I have never abused any kind of animal. Working animal,pet or otherwise.
-The talk of shooting game illegally is 100% fabricated. Matt was offered legal tags for mountain goat during day 2 of the hunt but never offered to shoot any animal unlawfully.
- After 5 days of hunting we had spotted roughly 15 cow elk, 1 legal bull, several whitetail does,several cow moose and had an opportunity to harvest a boar black bear as well as countless mountain goats.
-Top of the line tents were present and offered. It did not rain the duration of Matts stay.
- There was an unusual amount of traffic on the road but we never ran into another hunter in the mountain the entire time we hunted.
-The camp we based out of had fully function and running HOT water. (Matt showered every night he stayed there)
-I spent all July cutting trails throughout the area. We suffered a bad windstorm in late august and there was some recent blow down and one trail that was nearly impassable.
-The horses were some of the best in the herd. They had been ridden all summer during trail rides.
- I have guided in that area for over 10 years. I do know it like the back of my hand. Every successful hunter ive guided over the last ten years will attest to this.

Thanks to all the awesome clients Ive guided over the years and the future ones to come. We had another exceptional cougar season and went 100% on great Tom lions.

Matt better luck in the future. My offer still stands if you would like to come back, but I will suggest better preparation if you attempt another elk hunt in the kootenays.

IC B3

M
M
I do not believe the story that Matt is telling is the truth. I have known Tyson and his family for many years. He was not raised the way this story is portrayed, nor does his family in any way operate along these lines. My support stands with what Tyson Musil is telling you. I do not know the outfitter that Tyson was working with. Mickey

M
M
As a BC Resident Hunter, I would also like to add that I am very disappointed with our current situation involving our current stupid government and the Guide Outfitter situation.

M
MR84 Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Hello I'm Matt aka NSW_hunter aka MR84 and yes this is my original post
Tyson Musil's response to my report originally posted on 24hr forum shows he has stayed true to his form of lying and using exaggerations. Of the many lies this guys a told me that date back to mid June 13 I can prove via texts emails and video some but not all of his lies hopefully this will be enough to show and potential customers that he and Vince Cocciolo of Total Outdoor Adventures are to be avoided at all costs.

But firstly
I'm 30 years of age 5.9 and weigh 90kgs and have done since the age of 18 which equals 198 lbs I'm of average fitness people on the Australian hunting forum http://www.australianhunting.net/index.php?topic=174484.90 can verify this. Yes I had planned to help out an outfitter in Northern BC for 3 weeks after my hunt for free

My ankle
I became aware of the seriousness of the damage to my ankle in August 14 I quickly called Tyson and explained the potential issue by this stage the hunt was paid for in full at no point did he offer me to wait until next year he basically played down the issue saying that we can ride to elevation in all the areas he planned to hunt my specialist in Sydney said he was happy for me to go as long as I was cautious which was communicated to Tyson in the phone call.

Previous experience
Yes I have hunted in NZ on one trip for Chamois and Tahr I did not use a helicopter and hunted DOC land hiking with a back pack up from creeks/rivers onto the tops I struggled with this hunt physically as I think most Australian hunters do if you are not used to the terrain and altitude I described this hunt as physically tough to Tyson and in no way made out I was a "supreme athlete or a seasoned mountain hunter" Tyson met me in person at the wild deer show in Bendigo 2014 (prior to me booking the hunt” if he didn't feel I would be suited to this hunt why did he still allow me to book ?

Driving his pick up
Yes I did drive his car and had to reverse it down a long steep logging road which did slightly scrape his flat tray I was only driving because he left us there at night and took off after the horses on foot, Lisa Cocciolo did not want to drive as she wasn't confident reversing the trailer I didn't really have an option and expressed my frustration she then guided me to a dead end not wide enough to turn around on after doing a 100 point or so turn I managed to get the thing pointing in the right direction I doubt he had ever used his pickup with this horse float as you could only turn to around 20 degrees and then it would jack knife this with a goose neck set up !!!

Back seat Guide
I didn't dispute any of Tyson’s decisions regarding technique or where to hunt for the duration of the hunt. On the day we hiked up on foot I wanted to return to the truck due to not seeing any elk sign the only time I questioned him on was if a large pile of droppings from a single animal (the first fresh sign I had seen on day 6) was from an elk his response with attitude was no its rocking horse [bleep]. That was one of many rude comments made from him to me I have one on video you can look at I'll put a link at the bottom of this post also one of him sleeping during the day on the mountain which he did several times after calling and glassing for a while of a morning he would say we are staying here all day try to have a nap or something he would then lie down and fall into a deep sleep.

Mistreating horses
What he said about a packhorse falling over is completely untrue the horse (high tower) I witnessed him kicking repeatedly in the stomach and then punching in the face after it sat down twice whilst Tyson was riding him on a flat dirt track ! was my original horse It was a guide horse which would freak out if it was not at all times in site of the other horses for the first few days I was riding at the back of the string when leading the horses down to camp several times I could not keep up with Tyson my horse would drag me forward till I was on the ground and being dragged I did my best to hold on as I understood the hard task of trying to catch these horse's. Even after me politely explaining this issue with Tyson he still day after day continued to keep the same pace which resulted in this happening several times. I never let the horse go in his other story while I was mounting the horse it took off with me being dragged holding the reigns it didn’t pull up so I was forced to let go I had to run after the thing and did pull it up by the tail. Tyson Musil knew I had little experience with horses I told him I had only been on to trail rides before flying over at no point other that the first day did he give me any pointers with the horses other that how to saddle my horse and letting me help with the pack saddle there was no instruction about safety riding technique or what to do in an emergency.

Camp
The camp we staying in was described to me as "rustic" when I arrived I found out it had been damaged by a flood several years ago the only repairs that had been made where by the Australians that were working for the outfitter just before I arrived they had re done the floor in the main log cabin and re fitted a pot belly stove. There was no running water hot or cold until the day I left one of the Australian guys fitted a hot water tank that day and had it going.

Texts
Originally Tyson Planned to hunt in another area "Packhorse creek" I was never sent a contract then it changed to Vince Cocciolo's of the photos he sent above this text I now know that some of them where not taken in the area he is saying they are
[Linked Image]
these are his "trail cutting' photos I said before apart from the first trail we used I doubt any of the others had been cut for years notice the comment about running hot water
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
When we checked the zero in my rifle I asked if he could change his rangefinder over to meters he had no idea how to do it
[Linked Image]

This one if from a couple of days before I flew over that photo is right in the town of Sparwood the area is next to a main road and just to the left is a large mine I know this because we had to go to his dads to pick up his gear the first day hey says his watching elk bugle yet 3 or 4 days later the they are non-existent?
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

After arriving back to Sydney
[img]http://i1110.photobucket.com/albums/h454/NSW_HUNTER/Untitled7.jpg[/img]

Quote the talk of shooting game illegally is 100% fabricated. Matt was offered legal tags for mountain goat during day 2 of the hunt but never offered to shoot any animal unlawfully.
[img]http://i1110.photobucket.com/albums/h454/NSW_HUNTER/Untitled8.jpg[/img]
A full day? Quote as we drove to the area we were to hunt I apologized to Matt for the inconvenience and offered him an extra day of hunting at no cost if needed.
[img]http://i1110.photobucket.com/albums/h454/NSW_HUNTER/Untitled8.jpg[/img]
it was 5 days not 10 Quote Because the hunting was not as good as it had been in years passed I offered Matt a full 10 day hunt for the same species at no cost.
[img]http://i1110.photobucket.com/albums/h454/NSW_HUNTER/Untitled9.jpg[/img]
[img]http://i1110.photobucket.com/albums/h454/NSW_HUNTER/Untitled10.jpg[/img]
[img]http://i1110.photobucket.com/albums/h454/NSW_HUNTER/Untitled11.jpg[/img]

Before he tells me what he really thinks he says he enjoyed hunting with me
[img]http://i1110.photobucket.com/albums/h454/NSW_HUNTER/Untitled12.jpg[/img]

He makes out there is no way I will get any refund
[img]http://i1110.photobucket.com/albums/h454/NSW_HUNTER/Untitled13.jpg[/img]
[img]http://i1110.photobucket.com/albums/h454/NSW_HUNTER/Untitled14.jpg[/img]
[img]http://i1110.photobucket.com/albums/h454/NSW_HUNTER/Untitled15.jpg[/img]
Still at this stage trying to get them to work out some kind of refund
[img]http://i1110.photobucket.com/albums/h454/NSW_HUNTER/Untitled16.jpg[/img]
[img]http://i1110.photobucket.com/albums/h454/NSW_HUNTER/Untitled17.jpg[/img]
Quote the talk of shooting game illegally is 100% fabricated. Matt was offered legal tags for mountain goat during day 2 of the hunt but never offered to shoot any animal unlawfully.
[img]http://i1110.photobucket.com/albums/h454/NSW_HUNTER/Untitled18.jpg[/img]
Suddenly a refund is available in return for a good reference
[img]http://i1110.photobucket.com/albums/h454/NSW_HUNTER/Untitled19.jpg[/img]
He admits the area he recommended to me has a terrible success rate in years past
[img]http://i1110.photobucket.com/albums/h454/NSW_HUNTER/Untitled20.jpg[/img]
[img]http://i1110.photobucket.com/albums/h454/NSW_HUNTER/Untitled21.jpg[/img]
I did eventually ask for a full refund including flights and the expense of changing flights and hotel rooms but not for meals I gave him plenty of chances to come up with a refunded that he and Vince could split that never happened.

These are the texts I’ve received since he saw the original report these are sent before he posted his response and offer of a free hunt he has not contacted me offering this free hunt my any means and also makes a threat if I attend an Australian hunting show he plans to attend in early 2016. Quote Matt better luck in the future. My offer still stands if you would like to come back, but I will suggest better preparation if you attempt another elk hunt in the kootenays.
[img]http://i1110.photobucket.com/albums/h454/NSW_HUNTER/IMG_0911.png[/img]
[img]http://i1110.photobucket.com/albums/h454/NSW_HUNTER/IMG_0912.png[/img]
[img]http://i1110.photobucket.com/albums/h454/NSW_HUNTER/IMG_0913.png[/img]
This is attitude I witnessed from Tyson Musil for most of the time spent with him
After watching this so called "290" with a 5o x optical lense I made him out as a small 5x5 if he was a 6x5 it would have been due to a very small kicker I zoom back as a pickup was approaching from behind the road he was on lead up closer to the elk I was flagging him down to stop him spooking the elk listen to Tyson’s reaction. This was the only bull I saw on day 6 or 7 earlier we saw 2 cow elk at over a mile away with to resident hunters on horseback riding towards them egg 500 away from the elk.
The quote below is a completely lie
"After 5 days of hunting we had spotted roughly 15 cow elk, 1 legal bull"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xthbv65iPAo

Here he is sleeping on the job as mentioned earlier
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Q50zvznMAY

I hope this is enough to show you that Tyson Musil is not to be trusted I hope no one else experiences what I did If you have any questions I'm happy to respond I apologise in advance if I talk a while to get back to you.

Cheers Matt

M
MR84 Offline OP
OP Offline
M
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Before he tells me what he really thinks he says he enjoyed hunting with me
[Linked Image]

He makes out there is no way I will get any refund
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Still at this stage trying to get them to work out some kind of refund
[img]http://i1110.photobucket.com/albums/h454/NSW_HUNTER/Untitled16.jpg[/img]
[img]http://i1110.photobucket.com/albums/h454/NSW_HUNTER/Untitled17.jpg[/img]

M
MR84 Offline OP
OP Offline
M
[Linked Image]
Suddenly a refund is available in return for a good reference
[Linked Image]
He admits the area he recommended to me has a terrible success rate in years past
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
I did eventually ask for a full refund including flights and the expense of changing flights and hotel rooms but not for meals I gave him plenty of chances to come up with a refunded that he and Vince could split that never happened.

These are the texts I’ve received since he saw the original report these are sent before he posted his response and offer of a free hunt he has not contacted me offering this free hunt my any means and also makes a threat if I attend an Australian hunting show he plans to attend in early 2016. Quote Matt better luck in the future. My offer still stands if you would like to come back, but I will suggest better preparation if you attempt another elk hunt in the kootenays.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[img]http://i1110.photobucket.com/albums/h454/NSW_HUNTER/IMG_0913.png[/img]
This is attitude I witnessed from Tyson Musil for most of the time spent with him
After watching this so called "290" with a 5o x optical lense I made him out as a small 5x5 if he was a 6x5 it would have been due to a very small kicker I zoom back as a pickup was approaching from behind the road he was on lead up closer to the elk I was flagging him down to stop him spooking the elk listen to Tyson’s reaction. This was the only bull I saw on day 6 or 7 earlier we saw 2 cow elk at over a mile away with to resident hunters on horseback riding towards them egg 500 away from the elk.
The quote below is a completely lie
"After 5 days of hunting we had spotted roughly 15 cow elk, 1 legal bull"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xthbv65iPAo

Here he is sleeping on the job as mentioned earlier
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Q50zvznMAY

I hope this is enough to show you that Tyson Musil is not to be trusted I hope no one else experiences what I did If you have any questions I'm happy to respond I apologise in advance if I talk a while to get back to you.

Cheers Matt

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Appalling, simply disgusting!!

Musil's remarks about his CLIENT are totally beyond ANY scceptable form of comment in decent society and he should be ashamed of his behaviour....but, I doubt he will be.

My deepest impression is WHY would Matt bother to post his story here if it is not true as what possible benefit could he gain from doing so?

Just another example of why BC's GO industry MUST be put under MUCH tougher government regulation and enforcement. It is TIME!!!

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
That's terrible all the way around. I have had only one bad outfitter experience and it definitely changes things.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I hunted the Bull River drainage in 2008. It was late season and the outfitter and I hunted hard. Since it was only the two of us there were always plenty of chores for me to help with. I was after a mountain goat and passed on a bull moose. We did see mule and whitetail deer but only one buck that I would have shot. I did get my goat on the last day of the hunt. We had heavy fog for much of the hunting but when it did clear there weren't much sign of game in the fresh snow. I won't be returning. One of my all time favorite hunt photos.

[Linked Image]

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
No response from Tyson after the emails, texts, and videos posted? lol... Where'd you go Tyson?

Camp is where you make it.
S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Boise's post really shows the issue with the Bull and SE BC as a whole; we have NEVER had the level of scientific management required to grow our game populations to the maximum level that the available habitat will support and so the game is NOT plentiful.

MOST Kootenay people I have spoken with are in favour, with increasing fervour, of a total ban on any non-resident hunting in this region, as there is NOT enough game for we resident hunters and very probably this will continue.

That said, I would URGE all non-res. hunters to REALLY research ANY GO here in BC BEFORE sending them $$$$$ as scams and poor behaviour as well as little game available is MUCH more commonplace than all the bullsh*t hunting rags and shows would have you believe!

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

594 members (10gaugemag, 1936M71, 06hunter59, 160user, 17CalFan, 007FJ, 59 invisible), 2,607 guests, and 1,176 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,780
Posts18,477,082
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.