Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
TDC Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Suppressed .22 are cool. When I lived in Alabama, I was the only customer in a local gun shop BSing with the owner's son when he pulls out a suppressed .22 and popped off a couple at a target in the store. He then handed it to me and told me to give it a try.

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by TDC
Suppressed .22 are cool. When I lived in Alabama, I was the only customer in a local gun shop BSing with the owner's son when he pulls out a suppressed .22 and popped off a couple at a target in the store. He then handed it to me and told me to give it a try.

You had a 3' woody with a cheeseburger on top, too.

Don't lie.

All it takes is once with one of those things, and you're hooked. Worse than damned heroin.

wink

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
TDC Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
The only thing that has stopped me from getting one is the idea of the process to do it.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The process in VA ain't hard. NFA trust, pay the fee, wait, and done. The shop that I PM'd you about will help you with the paperwork and they stock a good amount of suppressors. It really ain't hard.

America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
It's not hard to do at all. I'd advise you to definately go the Trust route.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B2

TDC Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
My local shop has quite a selection of suppressors. It's something to think about. I assume the Trust route allows it to remain in the family if I am run over by a train?

For now, I am leaning toward a double action revolver. A couple of you recommended S&W as well as Ruger. I like both and will check out models and prices.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Exactly. The trust owns the NFA device. Trustees and designated persons under the trust may be added or subtracted within trust guidelines. If one trustee passes on, others are still authorized to possess and use, and the trust is technically immortal.

TDC Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Damit, now you guys have me thinking about a suppressor too.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 4ager
Originally Posted by safariman
How about one of the RIA 1911 combo guns in 9mm and 22TCM? Over 2,000fps from a 1911 sized pistol sounds like a whole bunch of fun to me. On my short list of guns to get.

He never said he wanted schit.

My RIA 10mm is a better pistol than my Colt Delta Elite was. And is a darned fine piece.

I have heard, via this forum, that RIA QC seems to have dropped off though. They may not be the gems that mine from a year or more ago is.

But even if a 9mm/22TCM RIA needed some polishing to be perfect, the fun factor and ease of shooting plus low cost of shooting and owning would still be way up there IMO.

LOVE God, LOVE your family, LOVE your country, LIKE guns and sports.

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
How about one of the RIA 1911 combo guns in 9mm and 22TCM? Over 2,000fps from a 1911 sized pistol sounds like a whole bunch of fun to me. On my short list of guns to get.

My RIA 10mm is a better pistol than my Colt Delta Elite was. And is a darned fine piece.

I have heard, via this forum, that RIA QC seems to have dropped off though. They may not be the gems that mine from a year or more ago is.

But even if a 9mm/22TCM RIA needed some polishing to be perfect, the fun factor and ease of shooting plus low cost of shooting and owning would still be way up there IMO.

You're full of it.

There's NO way an RIA is or was a better piece than a Delta was, especially after you got all manner of work done to the Delta (for free or cheap, because you were "sick/dying").

The dude didn't ask what f'ked up pipe dream you might be having in regard to fantasies about "punching armor" or "SHTF, briefcase carrying multiple handguns" or "covering your wife as she fetches water". The OP actually has a concept of reality and is asking about handguns he can use and use well.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by TDC
Damit, now you guys have me thinking about a suppressor too.

Join the club.

wink

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by TDC
My local shop has quite a selection of suppressors. It's something to think about. I assume the Trust route allows it to remain in the family if I am run over by a train?

For now, I am leaning toward a double action revolver. A couple of you recommended S&W as well as Ruger. I like both and will check out models and prices.

If you go the Trust route, you don't have to get the local Police Chief or Sherrif to sign off on it, and you don't have to do finger prints, either. Ad like you said, if you die, those in your Trust can take possession of the Suppressor or Weapon legally without any hassles.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I have nothing on my radar screen right now, either. I think the Sig 320 has the potential for being the next big thing, and the modular system allows for one to morph the gun into other guns. Sig also has a tendency to manufacture their own .22 LR conversion units, so I can imagine a conversion unit being offered in the future. (Not that I have been able to handle a 320 in these parts.)

"Don't believe everything you see on the Internet" - Abraham Lincoln
TDC Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
I had no idea that a trust was an option. I learn something new everyday.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
TDC, if you want more pointers, PM me. I'm happy to help (when I'm awake).

TDC Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
I have never owned a Sig but know several people that are huge fans.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by rattler
anyone tried one of those shrunk down Browning 22 1911's? t

Have 2, the GI compact and the Black Label full size. The Black Label or the new one with the upgraded dot sights would be the one to get.......

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
yeah im going to go the trust route cause i can just have my brother and daughter be members of it and then they can use them if im working and cant tag along ect aswell....

Last edited by rattler; 03/20/15.

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

You're full of it.

There's NO way an RIA is or was a better piece than a Delta was, especially after you got all manner of work done to the Delta (for free or cheap, because you were "sick/dying").

The dude didn't ask what f'ked up pipe dream you might be having in regard to fantasies about "punching armor" or "SHTF, briefcase carrying multiple handguns" or "covering your wife as she fetches water". The OP actually has a concept of reality and is asking about handguns he can use and use well.

JRH custom guns gave me no price break on re barreleing that Delta Elite that was way to loose fitting in the barrel lugs. Something that Jack Huntington (who knows a thing or two about 1911's) said was common to DE's. And my Colt nor other 1911's I have had have not shot two full magazines worth of ammo into 1.75 inches at 25 yards like the RIA has.

But far more important, how about just sharing your thoughts about what a fun option would be for a pistol and not denegrade or put down another man's ideas. I have my opinions based upon owning and shooting lots of handguns over a now 40 year span and you have yours. We are both entitled to these. The OP can take or leave any suggestions he likes. I have never done this to you or one of your posts or ideas.

LOVE God, LOVE your family, LOVE your country, LIKE guns and sports.

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
to the op:

how about a short bbl 38? maybe a LCR or snubbie s&w k frame?

you can reload for it, play with shotshell development, cheap lead bullets, etc.....

I had a similar itch and got a SR-22. It's cool, but the inverse manual safety actuation and da/sa transition is getting old....I coulda done better.

good luck and enjoy the search.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

208 members (12344mag, 160user, 338rcm, 22kHornet, 2UP, 20 invisible), 1,591 guests, and 1,022 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,759
Posts18,476,448
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.