Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
From Western Journalism:

In what one news source describes as a “stunning about face,” Arizona Sheriff Joe Arpaio has reportedly agreed to admit to what he has long denied — that the Maricopa County Sheriff’s Office has violated a federal court order concerning the racial profiling of Latino drivers in an attempt to determine their immigration status.

The Arizona Republic newspaper reports that Arpaio, in a legal motion filed by his attorneys, “will admit he violated a federal judge’s order in his long-running racial-profiling case and agree to accept sanctions by the court….”

Western Journalism has frequently reported on ways in which “America’s toughest sheriff” has taken on the Obama administration, including the filing of a lawsuit seeking to stop the president’s executive amnesty orders from taking effect. Arpaio and the administration have often clashed on the subject of illegal immigration and what to do about it.

Close to two years ago, a federal judge ruled that the sheriff and his department had broken the law by targeting Latino drivers.

“As part of that ruling, [Judge Murray] Snow mapped out the steps Arpaio had to take to ensure his department ended the unconstitutional practice.”

Now, according to reports, Sheriff Joe is no longer claiming that he and his deputies have been complying with the court order; and he is agreeing to a finding of civil contempt.

“Defendants acknowledge and appreciate that they have violated the Court’s orders and that there are consequences for these violations,” his attorney wrote in a court filling on Wednesday.

Possible consequences of Arpaio’s admission include a public acknowledgement of wrongdoing or the establishment of a fund to compensate those targeted in his department’s profiling campaign.

WND quotes from the court filing that Arpaio’s legal team just submitted:

There is nothing Defendants can do to change what has already been done, but through the entry of an order finding them in civil contempt and by implementing remedies discussed herein, Defendants can express sincere remorse to the Court and to Plaintiffs, begin to make amends to those who have been injured and take affirmative steps to ensure nothing like this occurs in the future.

If the federal court orders Arpaio to compensate Latinos who were illegally profiled, the sheriff could find that he has to come up with much, if not most, of that compensation fund himself — a penalty that would sorely deplete any resources he might have to direct toward his re-election campaign.

Western Journalism reported in January that the 82-year-old sheriff intended to run for a 7th term as the top lawman in Maricopa County. When he announced that he was preparing to do battle in “the toughest campaign I have ever run,” Arpaio made no mention of the just-announced development that is likely to have an impact on his hopes of remaining “America’s toughest sheriff.”

Arpaio did the right thing by not following the ruling of that judge. But by legally admitting to disobeying the ruling, he now cripples himself and says that what he did was wrong, instead of making a constitutional fight of it as he should have. He admitted to:

Evidence the Maricopa County Sheriff failed to abide by Judge G. Murray Snow’s December 2011 preliminary injunction to stop enforcing federal immigration law.
Evidence sheriff’s officials did not disclose all required information in pretrial proceedings, including deputies’ audio-recording devices.
Evidence Arpaio’s aides failed to follow Snow’s May 2014 order to collect audio and video recording devices from deputies.
After admitting to these charges, it puts Arpaio on a legal footing that is in quicksand and the government will pounce. It’s a shame… he has been such a staunch warrior for what is right. It is another indication that we are losing the battle to stop mass Amnesty. We cannot stop fighting this – the Republic hangs in the balance.

http://rightwingnews.com/legal/the-...-waves-through-his-re-election-campaign/

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Well that isn't right that an LE could be forced to personally pay for damages for their own actions.

"My message to my troops is if you see anybody carrying a gun on the streets of Milwaukee, we'll put them on the ground, take the gun away and then decide whether you have a right to carry it." - Milwaukee Police Chief Ed Flynn
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I thought you were talking about the game!

It's not even half-time, but I admit a 15 pt. lead feels good right now. they're playing a hell of a good team though, we'll see what the final is.

Bear Down Arizona!

Sycamore

Originally Posted by jorgeI
...Actually Sycamore, you are sort of right....
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Damn! lost 70-73! Oh well, get 'em next year!

Sycamore

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
WTH, ESPN website had bad data!

Now it looks like final score was 73-58! The U of A ended with that 15 point lead they had in the first half

...That's exactly what York did Saturday in second-seeded Arizona's 73-58 victory over 10th-seeded Ohio State in a round of 32 game in Portland. The 6-foot-3 junior scorched the Buckeyes for 19 points and sank four 3-pointers during a 19-8 second-half run that turned a back-and-forth game into a comfortable victory for the Wildcats....

Last edited by Sycamore; 03/21/15.

IC B2

KDK Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Any day Ohio State loses is a good day...

Originally Posted by ingwe
This is a shooting forum, there is no place here for logic.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I wonder what got into Sheriff Joe, that he would go this direction? Maybe he is retiring after all, and maybe he just learned he has a bad disease and is not wanting to saddle a new Sheriff with a battle like this?

Makes me wonder...

LOVE God, LOVE your family, LOVE your country, LIKE guns and sports.

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500
B
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
B
Yeah - there is nothing worse than looking for latino's, when latino's are the ones doing the lion's share of the crime in your area.... The whole profiling thing is a damn crock anyways. How the hell else could you do it? Look for Swedish grandmother's?

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by safariman
I wonder what got into Sheriff Joe, that he would go this direction? Maybe he is retiring after all, and maybe he just learned he has a bad disease and is not wanting to saddle a new Sheriff with a battle like this?

Makes me wonder...

Illegals will save us.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I don't see the SOURCE of that article being particularly bright, or "conservative".

Think fro a moment about the very no-nonsense, no fancy dancing around approach that old fart's taken on a lot of other issues.

Can anyone spell, "Yes, we've been violating a BAD (un-Constitutional) court order" ?

Cripe sakes, being from some "Court" don't make it right.

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I will believe it when I hear it from Joe's own lips.

the consolidation of the states into one vast republic, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of that ruin which has overwhelmed all those that have preceded. Robert E Lee
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Anything Joe and his deputies wants to do is right.

http://www.phoenixnewtimes.com/2004-08-05/news/dog-day-afternoon/full/

"My message to my troops is if you see anybody carrying a gun on the streets of Milwaukee, we'll put them on the ground, take the gun away and then decide whether you have a right to carry it." - Milwaukee Police Chief Ed Flynn
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by benchman
Yeah - there is nothing worse than looking for latino's, when latino's are the ones doing the lion's share of the crime in your area.... The whole profiling thing is a damn crock anyways. How the hell else could you do it? Look for Swedish grandmother's?

They threw common sense out the window a long time ago. Stop trying to make logic out of it. You might as well bang your forehead against a wall until you go unconscious.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by asphaltangel

They threw common sense out the window a long time ago. Stop trying to make logic out of it. You might as well bang your forehead against a wall until you go unconscious.

Exactly right! The last people I would go after are the people employing them.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

I was once confronted by "activist" high school kids about that topic. I used a similar line of defense. Instead of seeking a suspect that matched a definite description of a "Black Male wearing a hoodie", I told them I would stop and investigate everybody, in order not to offend any particular group. I told the kids that for the sake of efficiency, I would start with the cute anime girls and high school activists, little old ladies, Latin mothers with babies in their carriages, then exhaust the list before I stopped any Black Male wearing a hoodie.
The girls activists were not amused. The boys admitted to the logic.

Me solum relinquatis

Molon Labe
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by deerstalker

Don't hold your breath:

Arpaio denies writing, reading or agreeing with his book "JOE'S LAW"

Joe is different on the witness stand, under oath, than he is on a TV camera. If you are not from Arizona, it might be hard to believe. If you are from Arizona, and don't see that, you might not be paying attention.

Sycamore

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Lieberals have an amazing talent for making common sense appear heinous and heinous appear just swell. But don't think too hard on that, or untoward musing may arise.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Sycamore

Don't hold your breath:

Joe is different on the witness stand, under oath, than he is on a TV camera. If you are not from Arizona, it might be hard to believe. If you are from Arizona, and don't see that, you might not be paying attention.

Sycamore

Sir, I don't know you or your background or political leaning, but I do know Joe and have spent many enjoyable occasions with him. what I see in your video is an attempted hatchet job on a great American who sees the problems facing us and has the stones it takes to address them. you won't convince me that Joe is in any way corrupt, immoral, or a coward, unlike many other politicians that you seem to adore. I do not put much credence in the efforts of liberals to discredit Joe therefore I say good day.

the consolidation of the states into one vast republic, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of that ruin which has overwhelmed all those that have preceded. Robert E Lee
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Sycamore

Don't hold your breath:

Sycamore

Sir, I don't know you or your background or political leaning, but I do know Joe and have spent many enjoyable occasions with him. what I see in your video is an attempted hatchet job on a great American who sees the problems facing us and has the stones it takes to address them. you won't convince me that Joe is in any way corrupt, immoral, or a coward, unlike many other politicians that you seem to adore. I do not put much credence in the efforts of liberals to discredit Joe therefore I say good day.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/201...avy-armour-into-living-room-kills-puppy/

"Tanks for the Memories: Steven Seagal Rolls Heavy Armour into Living Room, Kills Puppy
Sep. 1, 2011 6:05pm Becket Adams"

"CRIME
Tanks for the Memories: Steven Seagal Rolls Heavy Armour into Living Room, Kills Puppy
Sep. 1, 2011 6:05pm Becket Adams
SHARES
Share ThisTweet This
Steven Seagal Rolls Tank Into Living Room, Kills Puppy
Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio, right, talks with actor Steven Seagal, who was visiting the sheriff, after holding a news conference announcing his latest crime suppression illegal immigration operation sweep at the Maricopa County Sheriff's Training Academy Thursday, Jan. 27, 2011, in Phoenix. (AP Photo/Arizona Republic, Jack Kurtz)
What’s more awesome than driving a tank? Driving a tank into someone’s living room.

That must have been what what 80′s action hero Steven Seagal was thinking when he decided to accompany Sheriff Joe Arpaio on a raid of an Arizona man accused of running of cock-fighting ring.

The target, Jesus Llovera’s, was suspected of illicit gambling and animal cruelty. Somewhere in the mix, Arizona law enforcement thought that an appropriate response would involve several armored cars, a tank, and dozens of sheriff’s deputies in full riot gear.

Almost like sandblasting a cracker, isn’t it?

Robert Campus, Llovera’s attorney, believes the entire raid was staged to help actor Steven Seagal’s TV show, “Lawman.” Seagal was riding in the tank. The Sheriff’s Department has entered into a contract with Seagal and part of that contract gives Seagal carte blanche to go along with the sheriff as he arrests people.

However, according to a recent Forbes article, “Seagal told a local radio station that animal cruelty was one of his pet peeves, and since the bust was an animal cruelty bust, Seagal decided to go along for the ride.”

Oddly enough, no one told him that rolling a tank into a living room filled with animals might pose as a threat to, well, the animals. The raid ended up killing “hundreds” of roosters (looks like Llovera was running a cock-fighting ring after all) and the family’s puppy in the process.

The fallout of this whole bizarre episode? Segal is being sued for more than $100,000 by Llovera, who is also demanding a written apology from Seagal to his children for killing their puppy.

Folks, we are not making this up."

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

510 members (10gaugemag, 10gaugeman, 160user, 12344mag, 163bc, 10Glocks, 44 invisible), 2,251 guests, and 1,284 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,641
Posts18,493,209
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.