Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 20 of 26 1 2 18 19 20 21 22 25 26
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
It's just what he does. He seldom ignores a post, positive or otherwise.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RickyD
… He knows it wasn't meant to be a compliment, but takes the high road in a passive-aggressive manner.

Methinketh that my Brother Rich hath painted himself into a corner where there's neither a door nor a window to escape through.

And there's that ominous, mysterious term "passive-aggressive" again! — the deeps of its meaning obviously worlds clearer to others than it is to me.

Are my antennæ accurately sensing pejorative vibes?

And is following Jesus's advice in Luke 6:29 (And unto him that smiteth thee on the one cheek offer also the other … ) likewise passive-aggressive?

"Good enough" isn't.

Always take your responsibilities seriously but never yourself.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Apostle Paul says, "I become all things to all that I might save some."

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Ken,
I think most here have painted themselves into a corner with a door in it. That door is accepting God's Word.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Is God's word limited to writings? Does writings represent all of God's word? Does God ignore/damn illiterate societies?

What if the missionary was dyslexic when reading the word to illiterates?

Kent

IC B2

K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Originally Posted by Ringman
Apostle Paul says, "I become all things to all that I might save some."

That's one problem with Paul, he say's one thing to the Thessalonians and another to the Corinthians... whatever he thinks they need to keep them going.

Not that he thought 300 years later his letters would be canonized as God's word.

Kent

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Rich my friend, I am glad to have met and hunted with you. I know you and where your heart is at on God's Word and I wholeheartedly support your endeavors, even if we were to disagree on points of meaning.

To the "believers" that do find so much fault, starting arguments, making accusations, you may want to check your scripture and see how that lines up. Which characters in the Bible does this behaviour most resemble and is that where you want to go?

I can tell you that Rich walks his talk, and loves his Lord. Whether or not a brother is in perfect alignment with my view or your view on each individual point of scripture is the less important of many things we should consider in a man. First is his walk, and his love for the Lord and his brothers. Rich has them, and my support because of it. Rich is a very good man.

LOL
K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
I have turned my cheek many times for Ringman personally, I don't sit by and let him slap others though. Speaking of another's salvation negatively, questioning their christianity... He knows what he's doing and I know what I'm doing... check your scripture...

Kent

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Kent,
I'm going out on a limb here a bit, and don't wish to be misinterpreted. I haven't followed all the nuances of this latest christian debate, so I can't speak to what's happened here in great detail. But I can tell you that in my dealings with Rich, he is a very honorable man, having supported my daughter in a college quest she had. This before he even knew her really. Barely knew me, and didn't remember me. Just kindness in a BIG way to a complete stranger. The details I'm not ok disclosing, that would be for him to do, but I can tell you most here wouldn't have done it.
Also, in fairness, at first I found Rich to be a little odd. Certainly preoccupied and in his own thought set. He is a deep thinker, very knowledgeable, and studious in things he's interested in. I misunderstood him a few tomes in getting to know him what little I do, but have since put to rest any doubts I had about him in the beginning. I wouldn't hesitate to trust him with my family or my possessions.
I do believe Rich can be misunderstood, but I am comfortable with him as a person. Maybe he has faults and you guys found some on this thread?? I agree that we are all less than ideal, and Rich may need some grace. If it was me personally, I'd give it to him.

LOL
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by Fireball2
Kent,
I'm going out on a limb here a bit, and don't wish to be misinterpreted. I haven't followed all the nuances of this latest christian debate, so I can't speak to what's happened here in great detail. But I can tell you that in my dealings with Rich, he is a very honorable man, having supported my daughter in a college quest she had. This before he even knew her really. Barely knew me, and didn't remember me. Just kindness in a BIG way to a complete stranger. The details I'm not ok disclosing, that would be for him to do, but I can tell you most here wouldn't have done it.
Also, in fairness, at first I found Rich to be a little odd. Certainly preoccupied and in his own thought set. He is a deep thinker, very knowledgeable, and studious in things he's interested in. I misunderstood him a few tomes in getting to know him what little I do, but have since put to rest any doubts I had about him in the beginning. I wouldn't hesitate to trust him with my family or my possessions.
I do believe Rich can be misunderstood, but I am comfortable with him as a person. Maybe he has faults and you guys found some on this thread?? I agree that we are all less than ideal, and Rich may need some grace. If it was me personally, I'd give it to him.

Well done.

As well done as one Christian Taliban pleading grace for another Christian Taliban can be.

IC B3

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
And there's that ominous, mysterious term "passive-aggressive" again! — the deeps of its meaning obviously worlds clearer to others than it is to me.
Essentially, saying one thing and meaning another. Think of it as one from the south offering, "well, bless your little heart". It appears nice and benign, and could be, but often belies the intent. That would be a bit more extreme than how Rich counters insults.

And is following Jesus's advice in Luke 6:29 (And unto him that smiteth thee on the one cheek offer also the other … ) likewise passive-aggressive?
I wouldn't believe so.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Personally, I believe all scripture is given by God and is profitable to the hearer, which also means I like to read my Bible aloud, unless I'm stand hunting.

I've noticed, for a long time, that if I have encountered an issue in working through a problem at work or home, if I start describing the problem to another, those audible words sort the thing out for me and provide the solution. I can't say how often that has been true, because it's been a lot of times.

Similarly, I believe reading the Bible out loud does the same thing for understanding.

I can't ever recall reading a passage and thinking, it didn't belong in the Bible. I appreciate Thomas Jefferson for the smart man he was, but believe the Jefferson Bible shows all men have fallacies.

I also believe everything the Holy Spirit will lead us in, can be backed up in the Bible. If it's extra-Biblical, it may be from a spirit, but not a Holy one.

I can agree with this 100%

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Essentially, saying one thing and meaning another. Think of it as one from the south offering, "well, bless your little heart". …

That's merely the "corn pone" equivalent of the more stilted, highfalutin "with all due respect."

Some times, we Southerners say "Bless yo' li'l heart" as a "corn pone" benediction that means exactly what it literally says.

E g:
as said to a tot who has recited or performed well — often another way of saying "Thank you … " or "Well done, Li'l Honey Bug!"

"Good enough" isn't.

Always take your responsibilities seriously but never yourself.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Ringman
Luke 9:26 Jesus says,
"For whoever is ashamed of Me and My Words, the Son of Man will be ashamed of him when He comes in His glory, and the glory of the Father and of the holy angels."

This has turned into long thread with posts by many different member/believers.

Can you point to just ONE that indicates the member is "ashamed of Jesus and His words"?

Just one.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by carbon12

Well done.

As well done as one Christian Taliban pleading grace for another Christian Taliban can be.

That says nothing about either Rich or I, only revealing where you're at.

LOL
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by curdog4570

Can you point to just ONE that indicates the member is "ashamed of Jesus and His words"?

Just one.

You're giving me the impression you don't read your Bible much or at all. No way for me to know other than your outward appearance. Fruit.

LOL
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I doubt anyone here attaches enough importance to Ringman to develop any personal animosity toward him.

People respond to his posts......... not to him.

The same holds true for you.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger

Just one.

You're giving me the impression you don't read your Bible much or at all. No way for me to know other than your outward appearance. Fruit.

Your comrade was challenged to point to a post on this thread.

Draw whatever impression about me you choose.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna

Your comrade was challenged to point to a post on this thread.

Draw whatever impression about me you choose.

Cur,
I think what bothers me is why you view Ringman and I as comrades but if you are a believer he or I are also yours. I can disagree with Rich or anyone else but a true believer, a lover of the Lord that really exhibits the fruit of the Spirit, is a brother, sometimes to my own discomfort! My flesh may want to reject a man, but if there is solid evidence that he is a believer, I have a very difficult time not liking them! I have boundaries, of course, and maintain healthy relationships, rejecting unhealthy one's, but a believer is a brother.

I notice you don't deny my observation that you do not spend time in the Bible. You don't need to answer to me, but if you're not in the Word, where are you at? Are you in fellowship with other believers? Do you attend church? Do you pray? Again, no need to answer to me. Just food for thought for yourself.

LOL
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by carbon12

Well done.

That says nothing about either Rich or I, only revealing where you're at.

With all due respect, bless your little heart.

Page 20 of 26 1 2 18 19 20 21 22 25 26

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

614 members (007FJ, 10Glocks, 1lessdog, 222Sako, 21, 12344mag, 59 invisible), 2,428 guests, and 1,220 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,412
Posts18,470,447
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.