Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 24 of 26 1 2 22 23 24 25 26
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
We don't know how many letters Paul wrote that were NOT included in the Bible........ maybe none.

Paul, a legalistic Jew, seems not to have captured the ESSENCE of the Jesus message as well as the Apostles who actually traveled with Jesus. It seems apparent to me that he could not fathom a message of deliverance without an organized structure such as the Jewish religion of his day.

It seems clear from the N.T. that politics were not altogether absent from the group of followers, which is only to be expected when humans are involved.

So....... I don't believe he "got it all down right". Like you mentioned earlier in this thread, there's a bit too much "Paul" in his letters to accept them all, in their entirety, as being "God breathed".

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Paul, a legalistic Jew, seems not to have captured the ESSENCE of the Jesus message as well as the Apostles who actually traveled with Jesus.
To the contrary, Paul had to give Peter a comeuppance twice, when he gravitated back to the law. But we will all believe what we chose.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by krp
Go ahead let's hear it.

I'll start it off...

Is everything Paul wrote in the bible 'God's word'

Kent

No time today. Maybe tonight, BUT, my post was not a challenge but an observation. All in all, it would likely not be fruitful, as the observation predicts.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RickyD
Paul, a legalistic Jew, seems not to have captured the ESSENCE of the Jesus message as well as the Apostles who actually traveled with Jesus.
To the contrary, Paul had to give Peter a comeuppance twice, when he gravitated back to the law. But we will all believe what we chose.

Yeah...... I'd forgotten about that circumcision deal. I started to compare Paul just John, but decided to be "inclusive". grin

X
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
X

We will all believe what seems most likely to be true, to us. And who's to say whose right. Nobody knows for sure. Makes for good discussion though.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
krp,
Apparently you didn't read the whole post. And you apparently did not read where I posted God's Word says Jesus baptized more than John.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Question to the audience:

Originally Posted by Ringman
.....where I posted God's Word says Jesus baptized more than John.

Is what the Pharisees heard necessarily the same as what Jesus did as found in John 4:1?

Last edited by carbon12; 03/24/15. Reason: uuuurp
K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Originally Posted by krp
Go ahead let's hear it.

I'll start it off...

Kent

No time today. Maybe tonight, BUT, my post was not a challenge but an observation. All in all, it would likely not be fruitful, as the observation predicts.

I'm not really interested in another man's fruit anyway.

Kent

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by krp
Originally Posted by krp
Go ahead let's hear it.

I'll start it off...

Kent

I'm not really interested in another man's fruit anyway.

Kent
Nice snarky sleaze, there, Kent. I'm a little surprised but educated.

K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Aren't we all so very much alike? I could contest your critique of Paul as inconsistent. But it wouldn't make a bit of difference to you. Those in disagreement with me of the efficacy of gifts of the Spirit could attempt to dissuade me, and try to make me believe such things were only valid in the times of the apostles. They would crash and burn. Many have tried, in varying degrees to open those eyes to the gospel, who chose not to see as we do. Failure imminent. All until God gets involved. Patience is a virtue.

Why did you change this post and emit the fruit comment?

Kent

IC B3

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by krp
Aren't we all so very much alike? I could contest your critique of Paul as inconsistent. But it wouldn't make a bit of difference to you. Those in disagreement with me of the efficacy of gifts of the Spirit could attempt to dissuade me, and try to make me believe such things were only valid in the times of the apostles. They would crash and burn. Many have tried, in varying degrees to open those eyes to the gospel, who chose not to see as we do. Failure imminent. All until God gets involved. Patience is a virtue.

Why did you change this post and emit the fruit comment?

Kent
I didn't say anything about fruit in the post you copied. I said something about "fruitful", or lack thereof, in the one you responded to.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Both posts are still as originally submitted, Kent. You looked at the wrong one.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by curdog4570
First the question:

Are you WILLING to believe that there is a spiritual dimension in the universe, and that we can connect to that dimension using only our thoughts?

I don't know if A.S. will ever get to our experiment, or not.

This is twice he's "come up gone" when we get down to it.

K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Both posts are still as originally submitted, Kent. You looked at the wrong one.

No, I read it more than once and was surprised, I almost commented on it as it was inflammatory but decided not to.

'All in all, it would likely not be fruitful, as the observation predicts.' Which references it.

RickyD, did you change the original post?

Kent

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger

Is THIS the post in question?

K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Yes

Kent

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
It's still the way it was originally submitted. In my format.... it's still on this page.

K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Not sure what that means as for me to see if there's another post I have to update the page, and any edits would change a post if not quoted in another.

Regardless, I wondered why someone would sit in judgement on another's fruit and judge it negative after all that's been said here. That was before I saw the other post later because of work.

Kent

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
RickyD, did you change the original post?
No. I tried to convey that to you in my last reply and tell you where I posted fruitful. I didn't even read the first again because I know I didn't change anything. So if you think you see fruit in it a little later, I didn't put it back either. I don't recall ever mentioning it in that post, though, so it'd be a surprise to both of us. Not that I'd know what difference it would make.

But as for Paul, I've read everything he's wrote a few times, and believe it to be as much totally of God as the rest of the Book. And I believe that the rest of the Book is fully inspired of God and a thing of amazing value and Truth. I truly love it. As I do any perfect gift from God. It all fits together for me. Any so-called contradiction I've looked at, isn't, or a riddle or lesson I don't feel the need to invest in.

I's also say, in my opinion, Paul is one of God's greatest appointments. Moses without the wilderness, though Paul might have preferred it. It's apparent Paul preferred the message he delivered of Love and Faith, over law and sacrifice. He was able to deliver the best news the world had, or has since, known. Not a small thing.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
First the question:

Are you WILLING to believe that there is a spiritual dimension in the universe, and that we can connect to that dimension using only our thoughts?

I don't know if A.S. will ever get to our experiment, or not.

This is twice he's "come up gone" when we get down to it.

Nope. Just some days I have higher priorities then the Fire and can't spend as much time chatting with you guys as I'd like.

Curdog, you should know by now, I'll follow the evidence where ever it leads. If you are asking if I will choose to believe something without sufficient evidence, of course the answer is no.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
Page 24 of 26 1 2 22 23 24 25 26

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

540 members (01Foreman400, 1beaver_shooter, 21, 10gaugeman, 12344mag, 10Glocks, 66 invisible), 2,451 guests, and 1,222 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,447
Posts18,489,641
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.