Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#9715080 03/26/15
K
krp Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
K
Carolina's tortillas for fish camp this weekend... Fresh and warm... and work lunch as a bonus.

Kent
[Linked Image]

K
krp Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
K
Just to get Ron salivating when he finally sees this post... nothing better than a Carolina's buttered tortilla alone or with fix'ns... they don't jip on size neither.

Kent

[Linked Image]

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
veddy nice!

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Can't do the butter... The rest looks fine.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
thats just fuggin mean.........

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Mmmmm mighty tempting.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by EdM
Can't do the butter... The rest looks fine.

I was poor growing up...butter on toast or tortilla was a treat. Love it til this day.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by rattler

Next time you are down we will drive to the city and go to Pancho's.

K
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
K
So??? Is Ron going to miss out on these culinary delights (hoping)???

Just curious. I'm really not sure he is deserving of such things. And I call him a friend!

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

K
krp Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
K
I got home and first thing my wife did was butter one up and git eat'n.

Place is probably 100 years old, off downtown Phoenix, not the safest part of town but it doesn't lack for customers of all walks.

Eats better than it looks...

Kent

IC B3

K
krp Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
K
Originally Posted by kaywoodie
So??? Is Ron going to miss out on these culinary delights (hoping)???

Just curious. I'm really not sure he is deserving of such things. And I call him a friend!

He just loves the place and tortillas... couldn't help rubbing it in.

Kent

K
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
K
Excellent!!!! laugh

And,,,,

Well done!

Last edited by kaywoodie; 03/26/15.

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by eh76

may need a break sooner than later, soon as i get a truck i may be coming down for a weekend.....gonna kill this phugger on my crew that is every cliche of a state worker.....think i made the point to my boss though bout sticking me with that phugger....counting the days till the end of April when i get to go sit in a classroom for a week and get away from him....need to get him stuck walking with me for a week....damn sure i can keep up a pace that will induce a heart attack in him....

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Fresh tortillas...mmmm...

Had a couple with butter n peanut butter for lunch.

Kent needs a food truck.

Kent's Kulinary Delights !!!

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I think you're getting sadistic in your old age, Hombre.

I mean, good GRIEF, one opens a post like this and immediately feels and hears his stomach DEMANDING some sorta' reward.

Wish I had a couple or 12 of those to roll up some of this rabbit chili in, tonight.

Is the outfit you're posting about one of those equipped with creaking machines that can be heard, just about the time you first smell the place ?

AHhhh, for the days of the real "Tortilleria"

Those that have never brought their "Warmer" and a clean cotton dish towel or two down to one of those places have missed something rare and kinda' special, ....no ?

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

K
krp Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
K
Originally Posted by eh76

may need a break sooner than later, soon as i get a truck i may be coming down for a weekend.....gonna kill this phugger on my crew that is every cliche of a state worker.....think i made the point to my boss though bout sticking me with that phugger....counting the days till the end of April when i get to go sit in a classroom for a week and get away from him....need to get him stuck walking with me for a week....damn sure i can keep up a pace that will induce a heart attack in him....

I work around a couple folks like that. Luckily our crew is small and the others are young guys. They've taken up the 'be productive' mantra.

Kent

K
krp Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
K
Originally Posted by crossfireoops
I think you're getting sadistic in your old age, Hombre.

I mean, good GRIEF, one opens a post like this and immediately feels and hears his stomach DEMANDING some sorta' reward.

Wish I had a couple or 12 of those to roll up some of this rabbit chili in, tonight.

Is the outfit you're posting about one of those equipped with creaking machines that can be heard, just about the time you first smell the place ?

AHhhh, for the days of the real "Tortilleria"

Those that have never brought their "Warmer" and a clean cotton dish towel or two down to one of those places have missed something rare and kinda' special, ....no ?

GTC

You said it better than I ever could.

Kent

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
4 guys on the crew plus the boss.....Pete and I work at bout the same pace...just tell us what yah want done, leave us alone.....the third guy, depends who he is with if he is working with Pete or i he isnt bad, doesnt quite work like we do but close enough i can tolerate it.....guy #4, phug me, seriously every joke or cliche you have heard about a state or government worker fits him.....

got stuck working with Guy #4 on Monday shooting cross sections of a road....cross sections are every 100 feet on a straight away, every 50 feet on a curve going off 30 to 110 feet off centerline each side, 60 feet being average.....Monday was mostly two curves.....i staid on the GPS unit and left dipchit sitting in the truck taking notes....his only fuggin job was telling me which shots i needed and write down the elevation and offset i called out on the radio....i hauled arse trying to keep him busy enough writing to leave his phuggin phone alone and hiked 3700' of road.....(him and Guy #3 averaged 1500' trading off jobs....me and Pete were doing 2000' on days with below -20 windchill)

Tuesday i had a class as a new employee down at the region headquarters 100 miles away for part of the day and when i got back Pete who was entering in the shots from Monday while i was gone asked me why we didnt have a bunch of shots.....i asked him WTF he was talking about....he showed me the book and the dipchit just decided to not even write down shots for 8 cross sections.....best guess is he was [bleep] around on his phone and just reading off the shots i needed to me and said phug it he wasnt gonna take notes for awhile....i woulda wrung his neck had he not already left for the day....

Last edited by rattler; 03/26/15.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Fresh tortillas were one of THE cornerstones of the "Ejido system", which was the end product of a rather complicated and very hard to interpret "Revollucion" in Mexico

Those iron belt fed, propane fired machines were invented and brought to the peak of their design before the Model A Ford hit the streets.
The LARD that went into the dough provided a bare minimum / optimum amount of sliptivity. To much lard, and they'd go on fire, and level whatever corner of town they sat in.

Last I was moving fast and loose down there there was one running in every corner of the Country,...some in derelict "Rat Rod" mode,....other's cherried out, with polished brass manufacture's plates, and signage indicating that the business was well into it's FOURTH generation, and had made X # of gazillion .

I really don't give a FRA how much "better" the new machines are,...
ya' just don't get the same product off a shelf, in a plastic bag.

Que' Viva un tortilleria autentico !!

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by krp
Carolina's tortillas for fish camp this weekend... Fresh and warm... and work lunch as a bonus.

Kent
[Linked Image]

Mmmm... I will be up for a wedding this weekend. Carolina's and the menudo is on the menu! Probably some red chile , tamales, etc too...

And don't forget the tortillas!

Thanks Kent!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

610 members (1minute, 160user, 1beaver_shooter, 10Glocks, 10gaugeman, 1lessdog, 64 invisible), 2,270 guests, and 1,276 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,695
Posts18,494,170
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.