Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
B
BMT Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by viking
I wish they would make a pick-up with out all the extras. If they do, I never see them. Most trucks now seem to be luxury models.

Find a used fleet truck. That is what I drive. About a third of F-150s are made this way.

BMT

"The Church can and should help modern society by tirelessly insisting that the work of women in the home be recognized and respected by all in its irreplaceable value." Apostolic Exhortation On The Family, Pope John Paul II

M
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
M
Truck locks me out - by itself. Sucks when you're feeding off the back by yourself, go to re-enter the cab, can't get in, and realize the truck is pointed at a bluff, river, tree, big rock, whatever.
I don't mind replacing parts, just hate having to buy "The Assembly"
$13 for a rubber tailgate bumper? REALLY? It's the size of a nickle!
Bed light needs to be separate from dome light - can't see the gooseneck ball with the cab light on.
Pull the air cleaner box to change a headlight bulb - REALLY?
Pulled that stupid little beeper out of one truck - Aahhh, peace and quiet - the headlights wouldn't work!
I fully believe any new design engineer for an auto maker should spend 1-2 years in a repair bay before they give him a pencil, and another 2 years before they put him behind a computer. Hopefully, his hands are extra-large like mine, so he can bleed from anything he has to do.
I also hope he needs to hike out of the boonies (no cell service) because a $14 sensor failed - causing the computer to shut down.
This list is almost endless.

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
The only feature I really like in the fords WS the keyless pushbutton entry.
I detest having keys in my pocket and it allowed me to leave them in the vehicle.

TRUMP- GABBARD 2024
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by savage24
I.want the dimmer switch put back on the floor where it belongs, dammit!!

Me too! I keep getting my left leg tangled in the steering wheel when turning on and off my brights.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by mark shubert

Bed light needs to be separate from dome light - can't see the gooseneck ball with the cab light on.
Pulled that stupid little beeper out of one truck - Aahhh, peace and quiet - the headlights wouldn't work!

These two things drive me crazy.

Eating fried chicken and watermelon since 1972.

You tell me how I ought to be, yet you don't even know your own sexuality,, the philosopher,,, you know so much about nothing at all. Chuck Schuldiner
IC B2

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by BMT
Originally Posted by viking
I wish they would make a pick-up with out all the extras. If they do, I never see them. Most trucks now seem to be luxury models.

Find a used fleet truck. That is what I drive. About a third of F-150s are made this way.

BMT

Yeah, but I never want anything as light as a 150 ever again. I'll just drive a car instead... fleet 250 or better yet 350 sure.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by savage24
I.want the dimmer switch put back on the floor where it belongs, dammit!!

Ya know how old that is? Our ambulances have a safety button to help keep from being stolen on calls. Not that it would happen here, but did in Dallas or some such and someone was killed by the theif/driver... and guess who got sued... the crew.... ugh..

But try to tell the younger folks that need to drive it from our fire dept, hey, you gotta hit the safety button before it will go in gear, on the floor like the old dimmers... WHAT? Where? LOL.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I too liked the old floor dimmer, but with a stick you would sometimes blind someone if you were in the middle of shifting, but only for a second.

Eating fried chicken and watermelon since 1972.

You tell me how I ought to be, yet you don't even know your own sexuality,, the philosopher,,, you know so much about nothing at all. Chuck Schuldiner
5sdad Online Content OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Now the blinding is taken care of by those "screw you" headlights mounted at the "screw you" height.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
OK, what really gripes me is when the bells and whistles, however attractive they may be, are added at the expense of solid basic functionality, and just to hold the price down. Using cheap materials being one example.

Don't cut corners on the basics, says I.

Paul

Stupidity has its way, while its cousin, evil, runs rampant.
IC B3

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
What happened to wheel lockouts on FWD trucks.No wonder they get chitty mileage when you are always turning everything in there ,even in two wheel drive.Cruise and air and Power steering are the only things I got to have.

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
All you have to do is order from Dealer as you want the truck to be or buy used fleet if you want used.
Things today come in packages. So if you want auto door locks you will get more than just that.
One of my sons company know the model, style that they want before they call a dealer. They just say I want this model at this price. They get it too. Small co. with maybe 10 diesel trucks and a few Toyotas 1/2 ton.
Owner likes to get 400,000 out of the diesels and locals want to sell and not repair. So owner got a dealership 200 miles away to come and pick up the trucks, haul back to dealership, repair then return to west Texas. That's a deal.
So what's the answer, research what you really want with whatever package, get that model number, then let your fingers do the walking in your state and start dialing.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by 5sdad
I don't want it. I just want simple.

Was looking for a commuter car a couple years ago. Wanted am fm, manual windows, manual transmission, and I couldnt care less about AC. Every freakin place trying to upsell me. Bottom line, they dont carry them.

So yeah. its called marketing.

Originally Posted by Archerhunter

Quit giving in inch by inch then looking back to lament the mile behind ya and wonder how to preserve those few feet left in front of ya. They'll never stop until they're stopped. That's a fact.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
But those type are made, all you have to do is order what you want.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Even though I am a power supply, battery charger EMC guy, I got involved in designing "bells and whistles" on the Eclipse Jet and the composite Lear Jet.

e.g. The battery drain should be less than a micro Amp, but when the door is opened, a lighted path should lead them into the air craft. When they leave, the lights should wait, fade, and shut down. This low leakage circuits should be able to withstand a lightning strike.

On the F-16 radar warning 56C system, the built in test for the power supply systems had more parts than the power supplies. That is 1,000 components into bells and whistles.

The parts to build the hardware may be cheap, but the non recurring engineering effort to design, develop, get production units, write tests, qualify that it meets spec [long costly tests] really adds up to time and money.

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. -Ernest Hemingway
The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.-- Edward John Phelps
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

583 members (007FJ, 10gaugeman, 160user, 1beaver_shooter, 1936M71, 204guy, 64 invisible), 2,865 guests, and 1,310 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,197
Posts18,503,600
Members73,993
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.