Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by JoeBob
Originally Posted by 4ager
Sure, dip schit, every rifle is exactly the same, regardless of design.

What I stated wasn't a stretch, and is fact. We've got exactly ONE clip of the dude firing a MG that has a very odd stock design, and you're saying he's just pandering. Having fired the M249 more than once (ditto the M60, M240, M2, and schit load other ordinance), I'd give the guy a pass because the ergos are all completely different on them and a myriad other rifles and MGs.

Then again, "firing them once" might be the masters level for determination, right?

You must not be as good as you think you are, VA, because I've never found an M-249 to be awkward. But then again, shooting doesn't require super secret squirrel knowledge.

Don't know who you think you're referring to, Cossatojoe, but there's no secret squirrel knowledge implied in my response. It's a simple fact that the ergos on the M-249 are quite different than most other rifles.

Then again, I've shot an 870 once (or more), so I ought to be able to have perfect or near perfect form on a Perazzi trap gun or since I've fired a K-22 once (or more) I should have near perfect form if I were to be handed a Hammerli target competition pistol, right? I mean, hell, I've fired those once (or more), and everything is the same, right?

The M249 is an odd fit for a newb, especially fired offhand. That's a fact. Cruz's form was weird and not "proper", but then again, all we have is one clip of him firing it unsupported. From that, you think he's faking it all; I'd give him a little more benefit of the doubt and want more evidence.

That's the situation, and you're the f'kin' expert, having fired one...once.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Sure, dip schit, every rifle is exactly the same, regardless of design.

What I stated wasn't a stretch, and is fact. We've got exactly ONE clip of the dude firing a MG that has a very odd stock design, and you're saying he's just pandering. Having fired the M249 more than once (ditto the M60, M240, M2, and schit load other ordinance), I'd give the guy a pass because the ergos are all completely different on them and a myriad other rifles and MGs.

Then again, "firing them once" might be the masters level for determination, right?

You must not be as good as you think you are, VA, because I've never found an M-249 to be awkward. But then again, shooting doesn't require super secret squirrel knowledge.

Don't know who you think you're referring to, Cossatojoe, but there's no secret squirrel knowledge implied in my response. It's a simple fact that the ergos on the M-249 are quite different than most other rifles.

Then again, I've shot an 870 once (or more), so I ought to be able to have perfect or near perfect form on a Perazzi trap gun or since I've fired a K-22 once (or more) I should have near perfect form if I were to be handed a Hammerli target competition pistol, right? I mean, hell, I've fired those once (or more), and everything is the same, right?

The M249 is an odd fit for a newb, especially fired offhand. That's a fact. Cruz's form was weird and not "proper", but then again, all we have is one clip of him firing it unsupported. From that, you think he's faking it all; I'd give him a little more benefit of the doubt and want more evidence.

That's the situation, and you're the f'kin' expert, having fired one...once.

So the first time you fire something new you tend to hold it away from you?

"My message to my troops is if you see anybody carrying a gun on the streets of Milwaukee, we'll put them on the ground, take the gun away and then decide whether you have a right to carry it." - Milwaukee Police Chief Ed Flynn
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
You keep calling me that, strange...

You also like to tell stories or imagine things. Where did I say that I had fired one, once? I said I was no expert, but I didn't specify how many times I had fired one. You just love to take little grains of truth and spin tall tales don't you?

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
i can't shoot a rem 11-78 for [bleep] but can kill the [bleep] out of ducks and dove with an 870

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
you couldn't fire a dog turd unless you were sucking on it.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You keep calling me that, strange...

You also like to tell stories or imagine things. Where did I say that I had fired one, once? I said I was no expert, but I didn't specify how many times I had fired one. You just love to take little grains of truth and spin tall tales don't you?

You keep calling folks all kinds of schit; is that making stuff up and guessing, too?

You're correct; you never specified how many times you shot one. If you had a clue, you'd know that the ergos are odd and that for a first time firing one, it can be a very odd duck to handle, especially offhand.

As for spinning tales, I'll leave that to others. You can continue to try to accuse the dude of faking it, based upon a single video with an unfamiliar weapon of a design unlike most. It must soothe some part of you to do so, and why is beyond my level of give a schit.

America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
Been using a Rem 1100 20 ga since 1978-79. Other shotguns have came and went but the 1100 stays.

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC
Member New Mexico Shooting Sports Association

Take your responsibilities seriously, never yourself-Ken Howell

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
I didn't accuse the dude of faking it. I said he obviously hasn't had a lot of experience shooting rifles. Then I said it didn't matter. YOU went off the chain from there.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I'm pretty deadly with my little 1100 Sporting Clays in 28 ga. But hand me a nice over/under and I can't hit the broad side of a fuggin barn!

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
Killed dove,quail,ducks and rabbits with it.

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by stxhunter
you couldn't fire a dog turd unless you were sucking on it.

Powell, not me.

http://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/9723573/1

"My message to my troops is if you see anybody carrying a gun on the streets of Milwaukee, we'll put them on the ground, take the gun away and then decide whether you have a right to carry it." - Milwaukee Police Chief Ed Flynn
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
I'm pretty deadly with my little 1100 Sporting Clays in 28 ga. But hand me a nice over/under and I can't hit the broad side of a fuggin barn!

Ah, Hell, shotguns are all the same. Just ask JoeBob; he'll tell you.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by stxhunter
i can't shoot a rem 11-78 for [bleep]

Undoubtedly true and for the same reason the Czech Tokarev 4ager keeps going on about lacks a safety.

Fantasy Guns of the 24hourcampfire

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I didn't accuse the dude of faking it. I said he obviously hasn't had a lot of experience shooting rifles. Then I said it didn't matter. YOU went off the chain from there.

You haven't a clue as to his level of experience shooting rifles; none of us do.

He doesn't have a lot of experience shooting an M-249; that can be asserted without much difficulty, but beyond that it's all conjecture.

E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
Had a 870 in 28 ga,fun for quail & dove hunting,couldn't hit schit with it.

Had a CZ Mallard O/U in 12 & 20 ga,did pretty good with the 12. When that O/U itch disappeared so did the shotguns.

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC

Ken
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
What is the argument here?

Ted is pro-2A.

Talks the talk/walks the walk.
Done.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I want a CZ Bobwhite in a 16ga S/S bad! Since they discontinued that model in 16ga, they are getting a little pricy!

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I want a CZ Bobwhite in a 16ga S/S bad! Since they discontinued that model in 16ga, they are getting a little pricy!

I'll keep my eyes and ears open.

E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
Know the feeling,want a Winchester 101 12 or 20 ga so bad I will almost trade a kid for one. whistle laugh

Last edited by elkhunternm; 03/30/15.

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC

Ken
E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by Ghostinthemachine
Well it's a step up from Sarah Palin when her dad had to operate the bolt for her....but probably about the same level of legitimacy.

I've seen Kerry and Clinton hunt ducks as well...Bush workin a chain saw...

I liked seeing him landing that jet on a flat top. smile Seesh, Ghost.

Last edited by eyeball; 03/30/15.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

76 members (6MMWASP, 338Rules, 7mm_Loco, 10gaugemag, 300_savage, 35, 12 invisible), 1,448 guests, and 782 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,082
Posts18,501,656
Members73,987
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.