Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
D
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
D
The federal government would be terrified at the credible threat of a convention. The feds don't get to attend. Since each state is equally represented, and there are many more red states than blue states, I have no fear of the eventual outcome.

The federal government has become a monstrosity. We need to quit feeding it quite so much. So, yes, limit taxing authority to some percentage of income and abolish other personal and corporate taxes. Corporations don't really pay taxes anyway. They just pass them along to their customers, which hides them from view.

Absolutely, trim back the expansive use of the Interstate Commerce Clause. Some things like radio and television broadcasting are naturally interstate. So you do need some federal regulation for things like that.

Here's a radical idea: Abolish federal taxes completely. Require the states to raise the money to run the federal government, and send it on to Washington. That dramatically shifts the balance of financial power.

Any federal rule or regulation can be overturned by majority vote of 2/3 of the state legislatures.

Abolish all preferences based on race, religion, etc. The preference stats on college admission, for example, are appalling. As Justice Roberts said, the best way to end racial discrimination is to stop discriminating on the basis of race. (Even if we call it diversity.)

Anyone convicted of tampering with the voting process is banned forever from holding public office, being employed in a government or political party job, or receiving a government pension.

Rather than repeal the 17th Amendment, make Senators and Representatives subject to recall by 2/3 majority of the state legislature.

Those are some that appeal to me.

Be not weary in well doing.
GB1

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Looks good to me.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
The only amendment we need is changing the electoral college. Electoral votes must be apportioned according to percent of votes won. For instance, if an authentic conservative won 35% of a state's popular votes, he'd be accorded 35% of that states electoral votes. With such an amendment, an authentic conservative could win. However, because it's a threat to the ruling elite's power, neither Democrats nor neocons would support such an amendment.

�If tyranny and oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy.�
***US President James Madison***
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If we just got rid of the trash in the white house we would be much better off than leaving it there for 2 more years.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by SansSouci
The only amendment we need is changing the electoral college. Electoral votes must be apportioned according to percent of votes won. For instance, if an authentic conservative won 35% of a state's popular votes, he'd be accorded 35% of that states electoral votes. With such an amendment, an authentic conservative could win. However, because it's a threat to the ruling elite's power, neither Democrats nor neocons would support such an amendment.
That's the same as eliminating the EC altogether, which would be violating the constitutional promise to the small states.
When the constitution was being drafted, there was a divide between the large and small states with the small ones being in fear of being overrun at the ballot box. The founders came up with what was called the Great Compromise. It was 2 houses, the HR being representatives by population, and the senate with representation by state, each state being equal. The EC was set up with each state getting votes equal to the total number of their reps and senators combined.
This gives the small states a slight edge to help protect them from being overrun.

Changing that would be screwing the small states by further empowering the large, liberal states.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
"The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people."

A constitutional convention is all fine and dandy but the Federal government has already broken the 10th amendment so many times it has been rendered useless. What other amendments would restore a document ignored by so many for so long?

Amendment 28: "Congress and the President shall obey all portions of the Constitution, except those that get in their way or those they don't want to obey."

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
The Constitution has pretty much been a dead letter ever since Lincoln declared that a state which voluntarily joined the Union couldn't voluntarily leave the Union.

Basically,....the Civil War was the second American revolution.

America lost.

Any shiitbird politician who is calling for a Constitutional convention is looking for an opportunity to legally justify ignoring the Constitution.

America has no functional Constitution.

I don't know why a shiitbird politician would want to go to the trouble to legally establish the fact.

The muhfuggah is dead already!

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Lincoln was smart enough to understand that if one state was allowed to leave, there would be no reason for any other not to leave for any reason.
It would have been the end of this country and total chaos.

And a confederacy of secession states was doomed to failure for the same reasons.

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by BOWSINGER
Lincoln was smart enough to understand that if one state was allowed to leave, there would be no reason for any other not to leave for any reason.

and?

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
I don't get your point.

States are owned by the federal government?

Is that what you're saying?

IC B3

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
These fuggin' ignert ass commie republicans get own my damn nerves,....

"THE FEDS OWN YOUR ASS,...JUST LIKE LINCOLN SAID!,...DEAL WITH IT!"

4ager Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Bristoe
The Constitution has pretty much been a dead letter ever since Lincoln declared that a state which voluntarily joined the Union couldn't voluntarily leave the Union.

Basically,....the Civil War was the second American revolution.

America lost.

Any shiitbird politician who is calling for a Constitutional convention is looking for an opportunity to legally justify ignoring the Constitution.

America has no functional Constitution.

I don't know why a shiitbird politician would want to go to the trouble to legally establish the fact.

The muhfuggah is dead already!

Agreed.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
4ager Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger

and?

Yep, "and"?

America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
4ager Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I don't get your point.

Yeah, I think pretty much that's what he's saying.

4ager Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
These fuggin' ignert ass commie republicans get own my damn nerves,....

"THE FEDS OWN YOUR ASS,...JUST LIKE LINCOLN SAID!,...DEAL WITH IT!"

Again, agreed. Bristoe is on a F'kin' roll.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
I don't get your point.

That point is plain enough.
World history without the US? Good Grief!

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

4ager Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I don't get your point.

That point is plain enough.
World history without the US? Good Grief!

So, the ends justify the means and revocation of freedom, liberty, and self determination are perfectly acceptable so long as the needs of the many are met? Marx would be ever so proud of you.

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
shakin' my damn head,...

There's all these damn republicans out there participating in voting,....and they don't have a *clue* about the concept of states rights.

It's a head bangin' situation,.......but I refuse to get all worked up about it.

It's a soap opera,...I've known that for a long time.

But be damned if it doesn't hit me square between the eyes when I see it expressed.

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
There are to many 'oxen' that will be gored, so I don't believe this could happen.

I suggest to eliminate government schools, or at the very least, give parents vouchers to take the kid to the school of the parents choice.

As long as we have government run schools, we will have an ignorant populace.

As a wise man once said ""The cornerstone of democracy rests on the foundation of an educated electorate." - Thomas Jefferson.

And, as Karl Marx said "“The education of all children, from the moment that they can get along without a mother's care, shall be in state institutions.”

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
I think #2 would take care of #5. I'd also like to see the abolition of the Electoral College. States get one vote apiece and the District of Columbia gets one.

"The number one problem with America is, a whole lot of people need shot, and nobody is shooting them."
-Master Chief Hershel Davis

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

656 members (160user, 10gaugemag, 10ring1, 1badf350, 007FJ, 1936M71, 66 invisible), 3,183 guests, and 1,336 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,372
Posts18,469,290
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.