-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You have to factor that it lessens the sting of the Government, through taxation and crazy other crazy laws, have driven the manufacturing jobs from the United States. Unions helped too, but I think it was mostly the federal government. Without the free stuff, the people would have paid more attention to this when it was happening. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
GB1

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H

Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny.
Thomas Jefferson

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I'm not in that system and apparently (according to your article) it's being addressed. What about yours?

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
ALL police officers in Texas receive health care subsidies if they retire before the age of 65.

Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny.
Thomas Jefferson

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
No. I could retire now, if we did.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
The 1st century Christian church also had it's share of freeloaders. Here's what the Bible has to say about it:
2Thes 10 For even when we were with you, we gave you this rule: "If a man will not work, he shall not eat."

β€œIn a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
We don't get retiree health care. What business is it of mine if the guys YOU elect want to give to YOUR public employees?

I am retired from the Arkansas Highway Department, where I paid 6% of my gross wages, for 37 years, into the retirement fund. The Highway Department retirement fund is separate from the other State retirement systems and ours is in very good shape, due to good management and higher retirement ages, and we contribute more. Every Legislative session that I can remember, the State Troopers have tried, without success, to merge their retirement system with that of the Highway Department. They pay very little into the system and start retiring at 20 years service, where the Highway system is 28 and has been lowered from 35 in recent years. The police system is in shambles. Just shows that operated correctly, systems will work. miles

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by ltppowell

Harry knows more about you, your state and your situation by the mere fact that he lives in Massa2shits, you dumbphuck...

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I've paid 5% into out retirement for 33 years, and could technically retire (quit and do something else) with a pension of approximately 30% of what I make now. No health care. That's okay through...it's growing exponentially now.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Steelhead

Harry knows more about you, your state and your situation by the mere fact that he lives in Massa2shits, you dumbphuck...

I know right? I only respond in case some kid reads it and thinks it's real.

IC B3

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
I've paid 5% into out retirement for 33 years, and could technically retire (quit and do something else) with a pension of approximately 30% of what I make now. No health care. That's okay through...it's growing exponentially now.

It's what you take out that matters, not what you pay in. 5% ain't much considering the stock market just recovered from the 2000/1 downturn.

However, regardless of that you have a defined benefit pension and not a 401K system that pays a defined benefit regardless of what was paid in and regardless of what it's earned, or hasn't.

Thomas Jefferson

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
It's not defined. It is invested in stocks and bonds and dependent on return. If you need a reason to be miserable, look out your window instead of your computer screen.

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
It's not defined. It is invested in stocks and bonds and dependent on return. If you need a reason to be miserable, look out your window instead of your computer screen.

Well, if you are gonna be untruthful then what's the point.

ALL PUBLIC EMPLOYEE PENSIONS ARE DEFINED BENEFIT PENSIONS

Without EXCEPTION

What do you think...this is my first rodeo..

Geezz, maybe you should retire in San Antonio...

http://www.expressnews.com/news/loc...-fire-medical-plans-targeted-5238686.php

Thomas Jefferson

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
See, Harry knows all via GoogleFu

Mighty powerful

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
OK, so it's 86% are DB, so tell us what town/city you work in and then we can all see what is what....no harm in that eh?

http://www.heritage.org/research/re...es-used-to-defend-public-sector-pensions

Thomas Jefferson

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Harry M

ALL PUBLIC EMPLOYEE PENSIONS ARE DEFINED BENEFIT PENSIONS

Without EXCEPTION

Nope. Ours is invested in 80% bonds, which is defined, making our return, somewhat defined.

..and I wish I did work for SA, but I don't, hind site being 20/20. Thank you for making my point though, not every place is the same. Have a great day...I'm out.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by GuyM

Why do they receive taxpayer funds at all? Let the local churches and charities handle it.

......or they can just get off their freeloading ass and get a job!!!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by GuyM

Why do they receive taxpayer funds at all? Let the local churches and charities handle it.

Churches and charities are "welfare" due to tax subsidies/deductions.

Quando omni flunkus moritati
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Thank you for making my point though, not every place is the same. Have a great day...I'm out.

And, our defined retirement system changed a lot over the 37 years that I worked there. miles

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by silver78
I would support unlimited welfare for all - no time limits either..... but what I call welfare would be a little different than what is offered today.

In my view welfare camps are the answer. Housing and meals provided. No drugs or alcohol and required work or education. Lights out at 10 and trumpets sound at 7 am.

Don't like it? Prefer to be a hood rat? Fine - no soup for you.
That's been essentially my take on it for many years.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

638 members (10Glocks, 1badf350, 160user, 007FJ, 10gaugemag, 1936M71, 60 invisible), 2,356 guests, and 1,312 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,830
Posts18,477,961
Members73,948
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.