Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger

If this occurred as it is being reported by the newsmedia the store owner's son is going be in a real mess:

http://www.wsoctv.com/news/news/local/deputies-shooting-taylorsville-business-after-robb/nk2kN/

Member: Clan of the Turdlike People.

Courage is Fear that has said its Prayers

�If we ever forget that we are one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under.� Ronald Reagan.

GB1

RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Good reporting or editing here:

The other two spoke after they were caught to Channel 9 as they sat on the ground in front of the store in handcuffs.

“Were you guys involved in some kind of robbery?” reporter Dave Faherty asked one of the two arrested.

We took a chainsaw, man that worked in the store come out and shot him. It was an unjustified shooting,” the man said.

He said they didn’t take a chainsaw.

Did he say they took it or not?

Geez, can't even get facts anymore. Must be a campfire member.

Anyway, its Taylorsville, and these guys are thieves. If the national media stays out of it, the whole thing will go away...

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Sounds good to me. Take a saw and you SHOULD risk being shot.

I'm about tired of all the hoops one has to jump through to protect themselves and their property....

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Most states do not recognize use of deadly force for theft!

Remember not long ago that guy that waited for the two teens who had broken into his home a few times. He waited and killed them both. He got put in prison.

RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Just watched the video. Everyone's white.

Surprised its got this amount of media.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Agreed. You should have to risk your life if you have the balls to commit a crime.

Faith and love of others knows no mileage nor bounds. That's simply the way it is.
dogzapper

After the game is over, the king and the pawn go into the same box.
Italian Proverb

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Criminals always claim to be the victim, white or black. I say play stupid games, suffer the consequences. What acceptable in society anymore is sad. Now when someone commits a crime, it take's a long rap sheet before they are recognized as a problem. Otherwise mommy says little Johnny was always such a good kid and don't believe he did anything wrong.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by Esox357

Remember not long ago that guy that waited for the two teens who had broken into his home a few times. He waited and killed them both. He got put in prison.

Who said shooting is deadly force? It certainly can be otherwise according to classes I've been in.

But I get your point, my point is, while there are laws about this, there should NOT be....

You start the game, I should be able to legally finish it. Woudl be a lot less players that way...

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
if the fugging miscreants would stop stealing, robbing, assaulting and attacking others, then there would BE no 'shootings' like this. It always starts with a crime against some innocent party. That the incident ends badly for the perp, is just too fugging bad.

Sam......

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I agree the SOB that robbed the place should have been shot and deserved to be shot but the way the deadly force laws are written the owner's son will likely be in more trouble than the thief.

�If we ever forget that we are one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under.� Ronald Reagan.

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna Emeritus &
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Kahuna Emeritus &
Campfire Outfitter

We always had a "loaner gun" in my jewelry store. The handgun was absolutely clean and it was to be used in case I shot a holdup guy who appeared to be armed, but wasn't.

Hey, it's nice to loan firearms grin

Our local police chief also advised me to never leave a holdup guy alive. If they are wounded, they can sue you ... dead men tall no tales.

Happily, in thirty years of owning a retail jewelry store, I never had to kill anyone. It probably helped that firearms were ever-present/obvious at the store and I was often featured in newspaper articles for shooting events, writing firearms stuff and bringing home dead critters.

I will make the observation that minorities seemingly have a great ear for identifying the sound of a buckshot round being chambered in a Remington 870. Snick-snick and they head for the front door. grin

Steve

"God Loves Each Of Us As If There Were Only One Of Us"
Saint Augustine of Hippo - AD 397

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by dogzapper

We always had a "loaner gun" in my jewelry store. The handgun was absolutely clean and it was to be used in case I shot a holdup guy who appeared to be armed, but wasn't.

Hey, it's nice to loan firearms grin

Our local police chief also advised me to never leave a holdup guy alive. If they are wounded, they can sue you ... dead men tall no tales.

Happily, in thirty years of owning a retail jewelry store, I never had to kill anyone. It probably helped that firearms were ever-present/obvious at the store and I was often featured in newspaper articles for shooting events, writing firearms stuff and bringing home dead critters.

I will make the observation that minorities seemingly have a great ear for identifying the sound of a buckshot round being chambered in a Remington 870. Snick-snick and they head for the front door. grin

Steve

I got a few loaner guns, RG 38's. There nice as there never was a serial number on them.

D
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
D
"Yep we were stealin a chainsaw"

D
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
D
I watched it again, Stihl saw justified shooting. If it was a Poulan the thief would've been doing the guy a favor.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I will make the observation that minorities seemingly have a great ear for identifying the sound of a buckshot round being chambered in a Remington 870. Snick-snick and they head for the front door.

I wonder how many miscreants lives have been saved by that sound letting them know their end is nigh?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Gotta give 'em a break; they hadn't had time to get their stories straight after the fact. wink

Sometimes, the air you 'let in'matters less than the air you 'let out'.
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by RWE
Good reporting or editing here:

The other two spoke after they were caught to Channel 9 as they sat on the ground in front of the store in handcuffs.

“Were you guys involved in some kind of robbery?” reporter Dave Faherty asked one of the two arrested.

We took a chainsaw, man that worked in the store come out and shot him. It was an unjustified shooting,” the man said.

He said they didn’t take a chainsaw.

Did he say they took it or not?

Geez, can't even get facts anymore. Must be a campfire member.

Anyway, its Taylorsville, and these guys are thieves. If the national media stays out of it, the whole thing will go away...

2 perps interviewed by tv crew.

One admitted, "we took a saw.."

Ask the other, "so you were stealing a saw?". He responded, "no i didn't steal anything.." or something to that effect.

Montana MOFO
K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Gotta love ole Rev Al. He is constantly saying the stand your ground law is there to kill black people. Tell him if he friends were not thugs that are the cancer to society they would never be in that situation. They won't be happy until they get a few mulligan crimes for all blacks.

Then you have him saying how black people are a higher proportion of the prison population and that is not fair. Well Da, they are because they commit more crimes.

Last edited by kingfisher; 04/24/15.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Esox357

While I wish it was not true ... you can NOT shoot someone for theft. He is in more trouble than the guy with the chainsaw.

Last edited by Hotload; 04/24/15.

"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much" Teddy Roosevelt
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
They just announced on the local news at noon that these three are also the prime suspects in a saw theft from a saw shop in Morganton, NC day before yesterday and may be involved in similar robberies all over western NC and the upstate of SC

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

124 members (2UP, 2500HD, 405winash, 10Glocks, 35, 1OntarioJim, 9 invisible), 1,615 guests, and 909 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,495
Posts18,472,122
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.