Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Saw a nasty one today, driving up the Florida Turnpike. Three Harley bikes, one with a passenger. That Harley ran up behind a slower car, and evidently hit the rear of it. The crash killed the driver of the bike and the passenger. Sent the occupants of the car off in a helicopter to the hospital.
We sat dead still on the Turn Pike for 2.5 hours, before the wreckers and FHP cleared the lanes. What a mess.

Sam......

GB1

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
sad,,summer here is the same.Kids on crotch rockets always biting it.And alot of people just don't see the scooters

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Just starting to see an uptick in the fatal wrecks we respond to in upstate NY for the season. Lots of bikes hitting the road the last week or so with the "warmer" weather.

Brandon Gleason
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T

Can't ride pillion on a motorcycle. It's bad enough to be a passenger in somebody else's car.

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Must have seen over a hundred Harleys and Harley wanna be bikes on the Turnpike and on I-75 today.

Sam......

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
They are all in love with dyin',
Drinkin' water from a fountain,
That's pourin' like an avalanche,
Comin' down the mountain.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I'm gonna sale my street bike cause I'm tired of being pulled out in front of and having people change lanes on me. If it weren't for me riding like everyone was out to kill me I would be dead.

Eating fried chicken and watermelon since 1972.

You tell me how I ought to be, yet you don't even know your own sexuality,, the philosopher,,, you know so much about nothing at all. Chuck Schuldiner
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Lost a co-worker and a cousin to motorcycle accidents two years ago this summer.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by seal_billy
I'm gonna sale my street bike cause I'm tired of being pulled out in front of and having people change lanes on me. If it weren't for me riding like everyone was out to kill me I would be dead.

sold mine 10-12 years ago,son turns 18 the first of the month.
maybe replace it some day,but only with a dirt bike.

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
Must have seen over a hundred Harleys and Harley wanna be bikes on the Turnpike and on I-75 today.
Bet the Harleys were all on the side of the rode broke down.

Feel the Bern in your wallet.
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by DigitalDan
They are all in love with dyin',
Drinkin' water from a fountain,
That's pourin' like an avalanche,
Comin' down the mountain.

Haven't heard that song in years

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
This AM we were out doing a trash pick-up along the FM road we live off of and at least 50 Harley's went by led with two police bikes with lights on and the last being two more with an ambulance in front of them. All lights on. Firm faces on all, no waves, nothing.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Damn, Sam. Really sorry to hear that. It's old, but it's true.. they didn't have enough time to learn anything.

Nice, hardworking guys buy new Harleys, but they don't know how to ride them. They get hooked up riding in large groups and they get killed. Sucks.

That's why I NEVER do the toy runs around the holidays. Like I've been telling my little brother for years. "I don't need 30 thousand other people telling me I'm havin' a good time". He always laughs at that, but he's rode every gnarly ass 2-wheeler out there. (I ain't kiddin', and built a shcitbox full of 'em).

Really sorry for family. Wish they'd had more time to learn.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by EdM
This AM we were out doing a trash pick-up along the FM road we live off of and at least 50 Harley's went by led with two police bikes with lights on and the last being two more with an ambulance in front of them. All lights on. Firm faces on all, no waves, nothing.

Ed, What was that all about? Funeral?

Last edited by local_dirt; 04/25/15.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
One of the things that impressed me when first learning to ride a motorcycle was how much room it took to stop one of them, especially if remaining upright was a concern.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by wildbill59
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
Bet the Harleys were all on the side of the rode broke down.

You're a dumb azz for saying that here in this thread where people have passed.. and my '97 ain't NEVER broke down, ever. Just go ridin', Dude. Really F*ucked up you're throwin' stones here.

What? Jap bike hard on? I've owned or ridden a fair amount of hard ass Jap bikes and had fun with every one.. And My brother will trump that card.
So, STFU and have some respect.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
seal billy,

"I'm gonna sale my street bike cause I'm tired of being pulled out in front of and having people change lanes on me. If it weren't for me riding like everyone was out to kill me I would be dead."

Back when I had a bike, I very seldom rode it to work, and I learned pretty quick to avoid the freeways completely. Some of the worst dumb azzes in the world driving cars would run you into the barrier or off the road in a heartbeat.

The little bit of riding I did was on some quiet (back then) country roads that had little traffic.

Myron

How many peckers can a Pecker Checker check if a Pecker Checker could check peckers?
(stolen from shootinurse)
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by seal_billy

I sold mine for the above reasons, took the money and bought a quad now if I get hurt it's my own damn fault.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
The freedom you experience is great but as a "leo" bagged too many that were technically "in the right". The margin for error is too small for most, so you take your chances and pay your dues.

Last edited by bigwhoop; 04/25/15.

My home is the "sanctuary residence" for my firearms.
E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by local_dirt
Originally Posted by EdM

Ed, What was that all about? Funeral?

That's what we were thinking.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

213 members (160user, 1eyedmule, 2500HD, 12344mag, 10Glocks, 2UP, 19 invisible), 1,651 guests, and 995 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,387
Posts18,469,800
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.