Page 43 of 63 1 2 41 42 43 44 45 62 63
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by gunner500
Originally Posted by local_dirt
Originally Posted by gunner500
You guys have all the fun heating barrels on those AR's, I'm sitting here waiting for 30 lbs of lead to heat up for casting some 750 grain grease groove 50-90 Sharps rifle bullets. smile

Too bad Woodrow isn't closer. You guys could tell each other a few good stories, waiting for that lead to get hot. grin

laugh

Hey Gunner, you took a wrong turn somewhere and ended up here.... Ha ha... Take a look at my new scope (Trijicon 4-16x50):
[Linked Image]

You should shoot this challenge with us... "Black rifle", not black powder... grin

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
GB1

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
LOL, nice looking setup and scope BSA, I like the little AR's, they are loads of fun, but I'm not much of a hand with them, hey, nothing wrong with finishing last in a challenge, as long as I finish. smile

Trump Won!
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Thanks buddy, I've been having a blast with my new AR's.... Burning up a lot of reloading components though. I was cleaning out my shop the other day and had 3 empty jugs of AR comp sitting there... eek

I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.

BSA MAGA
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
That's the reason we work the way we do. cool

Work, then burn it up with play ;]

100 of those 750 gr 50-90 Sharps bullets weigh better than 10 lbs. grin

Trump Won!
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
That's a lot of lead man...

BSA MAGA
IC B2

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Word! smile

Trump Won!
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
I really wish photobucket didn't crap out on us. I really enjoy this thread and enjoyed going back and looking at the pictures!!! I'm doing a little research on which 30mm mount to get on my left hand stag for my new Trijicon 4-16x50 and going back to look at pictures to see what you guys use is helpful info..

BSA MAGA
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Hard to beat the Badger Ordnance uni mount for the money. That or a Geissele, Nightforce, or Seekins mount would be my pick.

John 8:12 "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life."
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Thanks wareagle..

BSA MAGA
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I like the PRI mount. 1.3" center line and extends forward a decent amount. Make sure it is high enough for the bell of your scope.

Islam is a terrorist organization.

IC B3

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Thanks Barry, I'll check that one out. I actually orderd a Aero Precision to try. I like the Burris PEPR mount, as that's what I use on all of my other rifles. I used to use a Leupold Mark II on my lefty stag and it worked great. The problem I have with the Burris type is the lockdown nuts are on the port side and the dust cover doesn't open all the way. I guess it's not a huge problem, I just don't wan the mount to interfere with function and ejection. The Aero precision gets good reviews, but I'm wondering how strong it is. It's pretty light at 3 oz's. I want durability and strength, not necessarily concerned about super light weight. Honestly, I would have even consider another Leupold (30mm) if they would sell one that is blacked out. The god awful white lettering is Hideous. I know they are proud of their products, but come on we don't want this chit to stand out like a sore thumb. It's tacky, not tactical.... grin

BSA MAGA
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Look at American Defense's line of mounts, but all the mounting hardware is on the left side. I like the Recon quick detach series a lot.

MM

Y
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Y
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
The problem I have with the Burris type is the lockdown nuts are on the port side and the dust cover doesn't open all the way.

Wait, what? How do your scope mount nuts contact the dust cover? I'm having a hard time picturing that, or how they would keep it from opening all the way, since the dc hinge is at the bottom.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by MontanaMan
Look at American Defense's line of mounts, but all the mounting hardware is on the left side. I like the Recon quick detach series a lot.

MM

I just sold my QD recon. It was a damn solid mounting system. Don't like QD though...

BSA MAGA
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by Yondering
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
The problem I have with the Burris type is the lockdown nuts are on the port side and the dust cover doesn't open all the way.

Wait, what? How do your scope mount nuts contact the dust cover? I'm having a hard time picturing that, or how they would keep it from opening all the way, since the dc hinge is at the bottom.

Maybe on your left handed rifle it does, but mine doesn't, It hinges up...:
[Linked Image]

I really don' think it will interfere with ejection. But, just want to be safe and sure... I also ordered another Leupold Mark II mount. The last one seemed to work great.

BSA MAGA
Y
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Y
Ah, interesting. Yours is the left handed rifle though, not mine. Normal ARs are set for right handed shooting and the ejection port flips down.

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Didn't plan on this attempt but found myself with a full mag after some load development with the 73gr ELD bullets. This was my critter/steel target ammo, a 75gr Hornady BTHP over 24gr of TAC in bulk cases. It's always been fairly accurate in all my AR's so I know I can load it up quick and get decent results.

Not my best results by any means but I am happy given the short time it takes to load them up.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

I didn't have any calipers but it was about 1.2 MOA or just a hair under.

Last edited by wareagle700; 10/09/17.

John 8:12 "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life."
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Nice, consistent groupings...............what was the velocity?

MM

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular

The 73’s with the same 24gr charge we’re going 2800. Still trying to find the sweet spot with those though.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
18" barrel?

MM

Page 43 of 63 1 2 41 42 43 44 45 62 63

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

555 members (007FJ, 1234, 10gaugemag, 12344mag, 16gage, 10Glocks, 56 invisible), 2,696 guests, and 1,353 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,460
Posts18,471,239
Members73,934
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.