-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I don't know what the reasoning or history is behind the window tint laws, but the police are there to enforce the laws, in a fair and professional manner..

If you think that particular law is chicken [bleep] take it up with the Politian's who passed it, not the police who are tasked with enforcing it..

GB1

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
I was an inspector for my state's conservation dept. enforcing hazardous waste regulations. I could go into just about any mfg plant and find some chicken chit minor paperwork violation to ding them on. If they were a responsible company and not causing any environmental harm I would often use my enforcement discretion and give a warning. This guy was pulled over with the excuse of the tint being too dark. A chicken chit violation. If that was the reason, you just walk up to the car, talk to the driver and either give him a warning or take his license and give him a ticket. They acted the way the way they did because he was racially profiled and because cops are afraid of big black guys. That's why they needed 7 cops for a tint violation. Black guys HAVE to be doing something illegal, right? I'm sure that these cops were disappointed they couldn't get more on this guy. Good for him for remaining calm and not giving them a reason to hit him with a taser and charge him with resisting arrest.

Last edited by cooper57m; 05/05/15.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
That was a classic interdiction stop, just slower than usual, because the cop doing the talking was obviously being shown the ropes by the other one.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Originally Posted by RJY66
Speaking for myself, I am not in a state of "uproar" but we have way to many ridiculous laws in the U.S.

"Illegal window tint"? Really? Thank God we have a thin blue line protecting our way of life from such evils.

It is just another example of chickenshat laws passed for chickenshat municipalities to use as an excuse to raise money.

This is my thinking on the matter also. Chickenshit laws like "illegal window tint" are just another excuse to give police an excuse to stop and search while under the guise of "just doing my job". Everyone gets in an uproar until it's pointed out that he had "illegal window tint" then they suddenly get quiet and because he was doing something illegal. Oh the humanity! His windows were too dark! Give me an effing break, why is something silly like this even on the books? It's there to a) make money off of bullchit tickets, and b) give a legal excuse for cops to pull over undesirables so they can shake them down. No other reasons for it.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I'm telling y'all that the ASO officers were NOT acting in a 'racist' manner. Nor did they initiate the stop because the fellow was a negro.
The ASO treats white folks the same as blacks. I know several good ole boys that have been pulled for tint violations. smile

Sam......

IC B2

V
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
V
You can see through windshields??

R
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
R
That is what I was trying to say. It is not about black or white it is about green.....the universal color. It would be hard to convince a black guy of that though, given what they have drilled in to them from day one. My cracker ass usually screws up and gets a ticket about once a decade on average....50 in a 35 in the middle of no damn where is my weakness. All tickets I have received were legit because I "broke the law". Some were deserved. One was truly chickenshit. On that one, had I been black I would have sworn I was given the ticket because I was black. But the reality was, the coffers needed filling.

So, the brother need not feel "profiled". I would suggest losing the ridiculous haircut......couldn't hurt! laugh

"Men must be governed by God or they will be ruled by tyrants". --- William Penn

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
One day I pulled up to a stop sign and stopped to let the cop who for some unknown reason was snearing at me as he drove by. I pulled out after he proceeded by and he immediately flipped a u-turn and pulled me over. The officer wrote me a ticket for failing to stop at a stop sign. He was a new cop just hired on. I explained I was stopped for over 10 seconds as I waited for him to proceed past. It was then (no schit) the officer told me there wasn't enouph room for both him and I in this town and I would be wise to move because he was going to ticket me every time he saw me. (WTF) Sure enouph the next two times he saw me he pulled me over and wrote me a bogus ticket. (OK MF....Now I'm Pissed) I explained as he wrote me the third ticket that he was a disgrace to the oath he'd taken and the uniform and though I have deep respect for law inforcement what he was trying to do was distort justice. I also told the officer that I had taken an oath (my own) to always uphold justice. I told the officer that the crime of the magnitude he was committing would be punishable and informed him he'd better reconsider his course of wrongful action. He wrote me the bogus ticket anyways. Son of a bitch was out to destroy me. I got zero results consulting with the department. ( The son of a bitch had waged war with me) I set up in the woods at a lasered 200 yds from the front door this piece of crap came out of each evening. I had decided never to take the life of another man for any reason so after some deliberation had decided a shattered knee would likely get the rogue cop to seriously reconsider his unbelievably disgraceful actions. The Son of a Bitch was a criminal wearing a uniform. Long story short the fella never came out of his house that evening and I'd soon learned that he'd moved and was no longer on the force! The man has no idea how close he came!

I have the deepest respect however for any man wearing a uniform who represents what the badge stands for. Each year my family gets thank you cards and we go down to the local law enforcement and express our deep appreciation for the fine men who protect and serve.

A rogue officer such as the one I encountered are extremely rare and I certainly do not believe in vigilantly justice. However if a man is intent on wrongfully destroying your life or property you have a right to defend it.

Shod

Last edited by Shodd; 05/05/15.

The 6.5 Swede, Before Gay Was Ok
A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
Originally Posted by Shodd
One day I pulled up to a stop sign and stopped to let the cop who for some unknown reason was snearing at me as he drove by. I pulled out after he proceeded by and he immediately flipped a u-turn and pulled me over. The officer wrote me a ticket for failing to stop at a stop sign. He was a new cop just hired on. I explained I was stopped for over 10 seconds as I waited for him to proceed past. It was then (no schit) the officer told me there wasn't enouph room for both him and I in this town and I would be wise to move because he was going to ticket me every time he saw me. (WTF) Sure enouph the next two times he saw me he pulled me over and wrote me a bogus ticket. (OK MF....Now I'm Pissed) I explained as he wrote me the third ticket that he was a disgrace to the oath he'd taken and the uniform and though I have deep respect for law inforcement what he was trying to do was distort justice. I also told the officer that I had taken an oath (my own) to always uphold justice. I told the officer that the crime of the magnitude he was committing would be punishable and informed him he'd better reconsider his course of wrongful action. He wrote me the bogus ticket anyways. Son of a bitch was out to destroy me. I got zero results consulting with the department. ( The son of a bitch had waged war with me) I set up in the woods at a lasered 200 yds from the front door this piece of crap came out of each evening. I had decided never to take the life of another man for any reason so after some deliberation had decided a shattered knee would likely get the rogue cop to seriously reconsider his unbelievably disgraceful actions. The Son of a Bitch was a criminal wearing a uniform. Long story short the fella never came out of his house that evening and I'd soon learned that he'd moved and was no longer on the force! The man has no idea how close he came!

I have the deepest respect however for any man wearing a uniform who represents what the badge stands for. Each year my family gets thank you cards and we go down to the local law enforcement and express our deep appreciation for most of the fine men who protect and serve.

Shod

You admit to all this in a public forum. Very shoddy work IMHO.

and what does the Lord require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God? (Micah 6:8)

d.v.

Musings on TDS
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Pete E
I don't know what the reasoning or history is behind the window tint laws, but the police are there to enforce the laws, in a fair and professional manner..
If you think that particular law is chicken [bleep] take it up with the Politian's who passed it, not the police who are tasked with enforcing it..

Yep. No discernment, no discretion, seemingly no reasonable cognitive functions at all. Just do as one is told...regardless. That's just the kind of employee the government wants workin' for them.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
IC B3

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by achadwick

I have the deepest respect however for any man wearing a uniform who represents what the badge stands for. Each year my family gets thank you cards and we go down to the local law enforcement and express our deep appreciation for most of the fine men who protect and serve.

Shod

I have many friends in law enforcement and trust me I've done my research. I am completely innocent and have comitted zero crimes. It is not a crime anywhere in the united states to issue a verbal threat! It is only a crime to carry it out! Even then, to be punished for the crime would require getting caught for the carried out action. Please correct me if I am wrong!

Shod

The 6.5 Swede, Before Gay Was Ok
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Cops are all hypocrites when it comes to enforcing the law "in a fair and professional manner."

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
I suspect you would take offense if I made a statement about "all" citizens being "x". You can justify your statemet, I hope, or you're simply talking schit.

George

�Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.�
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by eh76
And what the heck is wrong with racial profiling anyway?

Kind of like pulling over every Colorado plated car because pot is legal there wink Ergo everyone in CO must be a drug runner and use it.

The fact that you live there by your reasoning means you must be a doper. That work for you?
Very good analogy!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ltppowell
I watched it. Rookie interdiction officer in training.

Lovely f'kin' excuse.

"Worry about your rights later"?

Willkommen in Nazi-Deutschland. Ihre Papiere bitte.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by OrangeOkie
This guy spoke the King's English. If he had been speaking Ebonics, it may not have gone so smoothly for him. He has nobody to blame but the thugs of his own race. He needs to be preaching to them, not the cops. They don't trust him because he is black, and most of the criminals and thugs they deal with are black. Human nature. He was smart to cooperate. Needs to fix the tint on his car so it doesn't happen again.

Bull-f'kin'-schit. Read the damned Constitution.

America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

I have the deepest respect however for any man wearing a uniform who represents what the badge stands for. Each year my family gets thank you cards and we go down to the local law enforcement and express our deep appreciation for the fine men who protect and serve.

A rogue officer such as the one I encountered are extremely rare and I certainly do not believe in vigilantly justice. However if a man is intent on wrongfully destroying your life or property you have a right to defend it.

Shod

You, are a f'kin idiot.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Shod

I have many friends in law enforcement and trust me I've done my research. I am completely innocent and have comitted zero crimes. It is not a crime anywhere in the united states to issue a verbal threat! It is only a crime to carry it out! Even then, to be punished for the crime would require getting caught for the carried out action. Please correct me if I am wrong!

Shod

Verbal threats can and often are quite easily classified as "assault" or "communicating a terroristic or hostile threat"; jurisdictional dictates on exact verbiage.

You, remain an idiot.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by OrangeOkie

Cops are all hypocrites when it comes to enforcing the law "in a fair and professional manner."

You're about as full of schit as Shodd, and that's saying something. I know several cops that I would trust my life and safety, as well as that of my wife and daughter, to. I also trust them to enforce laws that are WORTH enforcing (hint, there) in a very fair and professional manner". Those men are welcomed into my home at any time, for any reason. I know them by name, and know their addresses and loved ones as they do mine. I've not hesitation to believe that they act as just and equal in their daily interactions with those that they do not know as those that they do.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
What right do they have to take the gun, detain him hands on the hood, search him, or run the gun numbers?
There was no crime committed?

Couple a cowardly chicken chit cops for sure.

If they are that frightened of the citizenry they should find a different line of work.

Last speeding ticket I got with two loaded guns on the front seat, the officer didn't even ask me about them.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

495 members (1Longbow, 1234, 257man, 06hunter59, 160user, 219DW, 48 invisible), 1,778 guests, and 1,260 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,135
Posts18,523,210
Members74,026
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.