Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
D
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
D
For a Cajun, it's Louisiana. And, who said anything about owning land... shocked

Here, the Cajun season for most anything runs from July 1st thru June 30th. And if asked what he's shooting, a Cajun will start talking candlepower, not caliber. Everyone know the gun is gonna be a .22 Mag. And for a scatter gun, a 3" 12ga. with buckshot. It's an art form, having your light shine about as far as yo buckshot will carry.

That's deer hunting. For ducks/grosbec/edible water foul in gnereal, you gotta line'em up jus right so one shell will get several. Now, that's an art form all in itself... laugh

If you guys was a Cajun, just for a trial run, learned to hunt Cajun style, ate that good cooking, danced the two step with those bayou fillies, you'd never want to leave Louisiana... cool

Cajuns rarely leave home and when they do, it's not for long... wink

DF

GB1

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
If I left where I am now it would be to the 5 corners area. Texas, Oklahoma, Kansas, Colorado and New Mexico. I'd be in elk, bear, moose, whitetail, mule deer, hogs, pheasants, quail, duck, geese, sand hill cranes, coyotes, Mountain lion, and some of the best mixed fishing in America. From where I live it takes me 5 1/2 hours to get to the Golden Triangle of south Texas. A MAN CAN GET TO ALOT OF PLACES IN 5 1/2hrs from the 5 corners. All a man could want. powdr

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by coyote268
The hunting and license fees in California are so high that many senior citizens can't afford them. Another example, if you are a father and have two kids 17 years or older, to get all of you the hunting license and tags and fishing license your looking at over $450. It really sucks here and you don't get anything for your money.

There's plenty to bitch about in California, hunting and fishing opportunities aren't what I bitch about though.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[img]http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d63/HunterHarry/IMG_1668.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d63/HunterHarry/aaoooaa_zps959f7dc4.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d63/HunterHarry/006_crop.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d63/HunterHarry/Picture062-1.jpg[/img]

Proud NRA Life Member
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Missouri?

Great deer in Colorado, Kansas, and Nebraska, the catch being that it is often difficult to get access to good hunting ground unless you know somebody or are related.

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Tennessee is great, you don't need a license if hunting on your property.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Rhode Island

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Salmonella
The hunting and license fees in California are so high that many senior citizens can't afford them. Another example, if you are a father and have two kids 17 years or older, to get all of you the hunting license and tags and fishing license your looking at over $450. It really sucks here and you don't get anything for your money.

There's plenty to bitch about in California, hunting and fishing opportunities aren't what I bitch about though.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[img]http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d63/HunterHarry/IMG_1668.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d63/HunterHarry/aaoooaa_zps959f7dc4.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d63/HunterHarry/006_crop.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d63/HunterHarry/Picture062-1.jpg[/img]

Salmonella,
You must live in Mendicino county? Only place I've seen blacktail like that.

I am continually astounded at how quickly people make up their minds on little evidence or none at all.
Jack O'Connor
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I live in North Eastern Napa County.
All of those blacktails but the last one were taken near home.

Proud NRA Life Member
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Southeast Alaska, If only obviously...

Hint laugh

Eat moose, burn spruce
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
South Carolina, most and damn near all the land is owned by the farmers. They want you to lease the hunting rights at a healthy sum. There are way too many deer in that state even with the current laws, which are very liberal as to bag limit. The white tail there are on the small side.

I've been so overwhelmed with fake news that I'm now nuts. Let's go Brandon
IC B3

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
You Obviously are not hunting public land. Private property is the only good choice in CA. Nice Bucks.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
SE Alaska or eastern NC.

I do not entertain hypotheticals. The world itself is vexing enough. -- Col. Stonehill
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Here in Ohio, it isn't to bad. Timbered land isn't that expensive, if you are hunting on your own land you don't need a license or tags. We do grow some rather whitetails, have good duck and upland hunting. Small game too.

Give all that, if there are not elk then it isn't the "best" in my opinion.

“Lighten up Francis”
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
My vote is Florida. But if you weren't born here, stay the fugg out

Long Live The Judge

Thinking of moving to Florida? Don't........
B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
If you would have said elk i'd say Colorado. Deer.......not so much.

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch.
Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the outcome of the vote.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by billy336
My vote is Florida.

Thanks for the chuckle. smile

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
I vote Wisconsin!!! .! Now Skane , there is another chuckle.

But the fruits of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness,faithfulness, Gentleness and self control. Against such things there is no law. Galations 5: 22&23
T
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
T
Its for sure not California

I would tend to agree.

I have 20 acres that borders a National Forest on two sides and BLM land on a third.

I used to be able to shoot rifles and pistols on that property. That's been illegal since 1984 but I didn't know that until 1996. I had to seek a "historical use" exemption from the county in order to shoot PELLET GUNS there in addition to shotguns. Not being able to shoot firearms other than shotguns on that property kind of limits its value.

The deer zone it is in has always had a 7% hunter success rate, but that didn't stop me from filling a tag every virtually every year. The property was close enough to where I lived in the workaday world to spend nearly every weekend there, roaming around the public land adjacent to it, which helped me be successful.

Quail hunting was almost always outstanding there, even when the state was going through a general sucky period. Rabbits were plentiful, too.

I still own the property and even though I've lived in Oklahoma since 2007, I continued to use it up through last fall. I'm done with it, though. California's license fee structure, California's ban on lead ammo for hunting, and their unfriendly attitude toward my standard capacity 9mm pistol and my AR-15 have me wanting to sell up and seek a similar property in a more hunting / shooting friendly state.

It was fun while it lasted, but hunting and shooting in California today ain't what it was for much of my life and the Golden State of today is far removed from the place that I was born in that it used to be.

My new mantra is that I don't want to go anywhere or especially pay any kind of tax in a place where my 9mm pistol and AR-15 aren't welcome to visit, too.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Kinda like asking what shoes a fella should buy- need lots more info to even make a stab at an answer

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Can't fathom living in a place where you may or may not draw a tag, nor a place with a 9 day deer season or a 1 deer limit.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

580 members (12344mag, 10gaugeman, 160user, 10gaugemag, 007FJ, 10ring1, 66 invisible), 2,992 guests, and 1,262 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,491
Posts18,471,930
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.