Page 2 of 2 1 2
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by kamo_gari
Originally Posted by eyeball
Those freaking chinks are crazy, Kamo.

Not sure what kinds of foods you might enjoy when eating out--if that's something you do--but if Chinese or any other Asian foods are on the list, I'll share a well-kept secret with you that few non-Asians know about. Be sure to refer to the proprietors of the establishment as Chinks when ordering. Seriously. They love being called that, and will take extra good care of you for your reference for sure. Let me know how you make out, OK?

Knowing eye a bit... I don't think he meant anything by chink, anymore than us calling ourselves crackers and the like...

But I do know folks that use it in a negative tone.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
GB1

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by kamo_gari

"...So, I have chosen to have the 69."

The husband looks confused, and after thinking about it, he says "You want beef and broccoli NOW?"

Ha! I ROR at that one!

Funny tales from the Chinese restaurant in the town in WI where I used to live. The owner, Khien, was a Vietnamese expat who cooked phenomenal food and was a good friend. Both my daughters worked for him off & on, waiting tables and tending bar. Being the only roundeye servers in the place, they got more than their share of bad jokes about the "numbah 69", etc. Good thing I raised my girls tough.

"I'm gonna have to science the schit out of this." Mark Watney, Sol 59, Mars
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by EvilTwin
grinLike listening to the Vietnamese girl singing "Hang on Sroopy"???? grin

Egg Zachery laugh

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A cultural thing more than a language thing, but one of the funniest things that I have ever witnessed: my wife's small-town church had a priest who was Vietnamese, raised in Vietnam: on Mothers's Day years ago, he had a touching story that he had heard and wanted to share about a dutiful son. The mother was back east in a care facility. The son made sure that she was well-cared for; private nurse, trips out, etc. In coversation with one of the staff, Mother alluded to how proud she was of her son's success in the west. As the conversation progressed, the staff person inquired as to the son's business. Proud Mom said that she wasn't sure exactly what it was, but that it something to do with boarding pets as he had a string of cat houses in Nevada. Poor priest had no idea of the joke that he had just told in a Catholic Church on Mothers' Day.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
already told leighton i'm going to fly to japan with him so he can hook me with a Geisha.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
IC B2

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Japs are freaks.
I thought German women were bad...
Whoo-whoo.
Japanese women make Germans look like Amish.

TRUMP- GABBARD 2024
B
BMT Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Mackay_Sagebrush
Thats just Wong!

laugh

"The Church can and should help modern society by tirelessly insisting that the work of women in the home be recognized and respected by all in its irreplaceable value." Apostolic Exhortation On The Family, Pope John Paul II
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
true story:

In the early 1990's a large American Company and a Japanese company decided to start a joint venture, and build a new plant in Kentucky. At one point in the planning meetings for the plant, a group of Americans and Japanese are reviewing the plans and building schedule. One of the Japanese says, "we must have results of bowling test before start of construction."

The Americans wondered if this was a physical fitness test for the new employees (who actually were required to do the Japanese calisthenics each morning) and asked questions along that direction. The questions went back & forth for an hour, as the two sides were completely befuddled as to what the other meant. Finally a frustrated Japanese man said, "we must have results of bowling test. We must make sure there are no caves under the plant!"

What the Americans heard as "bowling" was actually "BORING" to check for caves underground, below the plant site. After everyone understood, they busted up laughing. After the end of the day, they went out for dinner & drinks smile

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Yeah that whole speech/accent thing takes some getting used to.

I once had a Japanese guy tell me that he thought I was a great guy and I could date his daughter, although it did sound a little like "Go F'k yourself".

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
A guy I played rugby with in college was half-Chinese, half Scot, and grew up in Edinburgh. His burr was something to hear! But when he pretended to have a Chinese accent, it was hilarious.

"I'm gonna have to science the schit out of this." Mark Watney, Sol 59, Mars
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
On the other side of that coin, I knew a North Vietnamese woman (born in Haiphong, moved to Saigon as a young girl before the festivities started) when we both worked for a trucking company in Oregon.

Apparently the Vietnamese words for "iced tea" and "urine" are only a slight tonal inflection apart. The Vietnamese waitresses would get a big laugh when American GI's order iced tea to drink.

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
[Linked Image]

4 out of 5 Great Lakes prefer Michigan. smile
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by ringworm
Japs are freaks.
Whoo-whoo.

Yes.

I enjoyed my time in Japan.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
[Linked Image]

Paul.

"Kids who grow up hunting, fishing & trapping, do not mug little old Ladies"
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
probably- "ha ro "

When a country is well governed, poverty and a mean condition are something to be ashamed of. When a country is ill governed, riches and honors are something to be ashamed of
. Confucius
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Moshi-moshi!

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by ringworm
Japs are freaks.
Whoo-whoo.

In a bar in Japan in the 50's the bar girls would play on the juke box "Wake the town and tell the people" and sing "Burn the town and rape the people".

The old fleet landing in Manila would present hordes? of street walkers and pimps waiting for the liberty launches to dock. Once through the gate there would be aggressive solicitations and fondling by the local sex workers which in some cases would negate the the need for a cash transaction.

Happy Trails!
NRA Life Member
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Yep, Roundup.
Longer ya last the more expensive it gets.

Grandad told about jerking off in a south pacific whore house WW2 waiting for his purchase to arrive the motel room.

"Wha da hell you doin, Joe? "

He responded,

"The first one's easy. I work for my money, you're going to, too. "

BAN THE RAINBOW FLAG!
PERVERTS OFFEND ME!

"When is penguin season, daddy? I wanna go kill a penguin!"
---- 4 yr old Archerhuntress

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

134 members (1eyedmule, 44mc, 3333vl, 7887mm08, 308ld, 35, 11 invisible), 1,547 guests, and 888 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,387
Posts18,469,766
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.