Page 1 of 2 1 2
B
Bling Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
B
I've sold my Personal turkey gun. I've tried to ship
It ups and USPS and nobody will allow it from me to a ffl. I'm in Virginia can somebody please tell Me how you ship it from individual to a ffl? If you don't know or only partially may know please don't comment. I need facts and help cuz it's pissing me
Off thanks

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Randy
NRA
Patriot Life Benefactor

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Go back to the post office and ask to be shown the regulation that prohibits shipping a long gun from an individual to an FFL. Don't take their word for it--ask to see the regs.

They should have a plastic summary sheet that deals with mailing prohibited and hazardous items. Fairly near the top (unless things have changed recently) there should be several lines detailing the rules with respect to mailing firearms. One deals with prohibited items, the second with long guns and the third with handguns. I had to do this with a new postmaster down here about six months ago.

Last I checked, UPS will accept firearms for shipment at one of their terminals, but not at the UPS Stores (which are franchise holders) and not at designated drop off or pickup sites. However, UPS seems to change their regs about firearms about every week or two here lately. You can find the current policies on their web site (www.ups.com).

Ben

Some days it takes most of the day for me to do practically nothing...
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Bling I'm also in swva and have never had an issue with mailing a long gun. Where are you at?

B
Bling Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
B
Buddy of mine that works at ups now for 15 years in there main store or whatever it's called where they load trucks and all that. He couldn't get It sent. Gotta have the guys actual ffl holder license half to have I sent from a ffl here and has to show license and drivers license number and I can't rememeber what else

Lady at post office days can only he shipped by a ffl from there and has to have some paper or something to fill out a form. She's worked here forever and is about to retire I figure she know.

IC B2

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Pm sent

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
It isn't that the regs change so much as it is stupid postal workers that don't know their job and try to cover up the fact with a surly attitude.
I had a woman in our post office tell me I had to go through a ffl holder even though I was the shipper and "I've been working for the post office for 25 years AND I KNOW THE REGULATIONS!"
I went home and printed the regs and went back to see the Post Master. You can imagine my ire when she went out to a working position and pulled a cheat sheet out that spelled it out quite plainly.

Aim for the exit hole.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Bling

Lady at post office days can only he shipped by a ffl from there and has to have some paper or something to fill out a form. She's worked here forever and is about to retire I figure she know.

She is correct about mailing handguns, but wrong about long guns--that's why I said to respectfully ask to see the regulation that requires long guns to be mailed FFL to FFL. I have mailed at least three in the last month or two.

Last edited by mudhen; 05/19/15.

Ben

Some days it takes most of the day for me to do practically nothing...
B
Bling Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by MagMarc
Pm sent

Returned

B
Bling Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
B
Sounds like I need to do some digin on the net and try to did out about shipping shotguns via USPS

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Just go to a different post office. It isn't illegal to ship long guns from an individual to FFL...

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Sounds like I need to do some digin on the net and try to did out about shipping shotguns via USPS

Just click on the link in the second post. It lists all you need to know for shipping.

Bob

I met a French guy the other day. I asked him "Do you speak German?" He said "No." I said "You're welcome!"
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Pack it up, weigh it, print off a label from home, and schedule a USPS package pick-up from your home. Cut out the trip to the post office.

Give me land, lots of land, under starry skies above. Don't fence me in.
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
If you don't know or only partially may know please don't comment. I need facts and help

The fact is, your grammar skills need help.

"I never thought I'd live to see the day that a U.S. president would raise an army to invade his own country."
Robert E. Lee
S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Every long gun and handgun I have shipped by USPS, Fed-Ex or UPS required a copy of the recipient's FFL, unless it was clearly going to a firearms MFGR such as TC, Remington, Winchester for repair. Even going to a gunsmith I was required to have one. This was at a USPS ,FED-EX and UPS, although USPS won't ship handguns and UPS requires they go Overnight Delivery. I always took the shipment to a UPS depot or Fed-Ex or a larger post office, not one of those Annexes.

Fed-Ex always gave me the best service.

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
I have sold and shipped many guns. I am not a dealer. I follow all laws and only ship to a FFL holder. USPS is my preferred shipper. Having a copy of the receiving FFL is required by the ATF to ship gun across statelines. The FFL does not need to be presented too the shipper. I always have a copy of the USPS shipping regulations concerning firearms. If I am given any grief a printed copy of their regulations shuts them up real quick. Here isa link to a great summary of shipping laws with links to specifics.

Firearms Shipping Guide

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
misty eyed...thinking of Bricktop......

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by mike7mm08
I have sold and shipped many guns. I am not a dealer. I follow all laws and only ship to a FFL holder. USPS is my preferred shipper. Having a copy of the receiving FFL is required by the ATF to ship gun across statelines. The FFL does not need to be presented too the shipper. I always have a copy of the USPS shipping regulations concerning firearms. If I am given any grief a printed copy of their regulations shuts them up real quick. Here isa link to a great summary of shipping laws with links to specifics.

Firearms Shipping Guide

Sorry, but you are wrong on several points... There is NO requirement to have a copy of the FFL. As a matter of fact the BATFE states they do not want copies given out to non-FFL holders, period.

Non-FFLs are expected to get the first three and last five numbers of the FFL and enter that in their ez-check website to verify the license is valid and mail only to the address on the website.

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by Sitka deer
Originally Posted by mike7mm08

Firearms Shipping Guide

Sorry, but you are wrong on several points... There is NO requirement to have a copy of the FFL. As a matter of fact the BATFE states they do not want copies given out to non-FFL holders, period.

Non-FFLs are expected to get the first three and last five numbers of the FFL and enter that in their ez-check website to verify the license is valid and mail only to the address on the website.

Typing faster than thinking. ATF requires the gun is shipped to a FFL holder. Prior to the ez check system a copy of the FFL was only option to confirm the address was indeed that of an FFL holder. Even with the ez check system all receiving FFLs of guns I have sold provided some sort of copy of the FFL mailed copy faxed or emailed. That was their choice. Some of them have only had the first three and last five digits readable.

Having a copy of the FFL is nice when dealing with the post office or any shipper. Don't even need the the numbers on it. If there is any question about the legality of me shipping a firearm. A FFL with an address matching the one on the shipping label shuts them up. I have had antigun counter monkeys at all the shippers try and find some way to deny me shipping a firearm. Try to cover all the bases.

L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Buncha DSMF out there. Tried to ship, maybe 10 years ago, a personal firearm from Golden CO. back to myself in Ak, UPS. To my own FFL! Bastids refused to accept from that site- sent me 20 miles across town to a Commerce City site, the other side of Denver, "where they handle firearms".

Of course it was all BS. Haven't used UPS since.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

541 members (16gage, 06hunter59, 1OntarioJim, 007FJ, 1Longbow, 1moredeer, 48 invisible), 2,266 guests, and 1,190 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,398
Posts18,470,058
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.