Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 26 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 25 26
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
The truth is we still don't know what happened.

B
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
B
Originally Posted by IndyCA35
Brian, what reloading mistake did you make (according to the jury) that caused them to rule that you were 40% at fault?

Why won't you tell us this?

If you think we are going to wade through "1000s of pages" of documents from the court in some one-hourse town to find out, you're just a whining petulant …

You've wasted enough of our time. Put up or shut up.

Since you asked so nicely...I made no reloading mistake. My loads did not exceed SAAMI PSI for the 300 win mag. They were at max but not over….I was hunting for moose with grizzly walking around.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by Brian_Ward

Since you asked so nicely...I made no reloading mistake. My loads did not exceed SAAMI PSI for the 300 win mag. They were at max but not over….I was hunting for moose with grizzly walking around.

TFF

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Steelhead
I'm guessing that's why they say 'Don't use reloads, because we don't know what kind of idiot you are'

That seems to be foreseeability. Because the one thing I know is you can't cover something for every type of idiot/scenario that will come down the pike.

I usually don't agree with Steelhead's approach or expression, but here, I cannot disagree at all with his point. And, it has a much broader application: life, often times violent and unpleasant, is not at all risk-free; nor can it ever be made to be so.

I'm always somewhat suspect of someone, who incurring injury, seeks recompense of others.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
All I can say, is that is one seriously FLUGLY rifle...

[Linked Image]

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 4ager
The more Brian avoids answering all the questions about his culpability, and the more places he drags this schit show to, the more T/C's lawyers are going to love him.

Think "malicious misrepresentation of the facts", and go from there.

And also, why are you, seemingly, so enthusiastic to be prosecutor, judge ,and executioner on so many threads?

Are you also this way in person, around a campfire?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by jorgeI

[Linked Image]

Completely agree. I have one because of my state's laws regarding hunting whitetails. cry smile

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
You have laws stating you have to hunt with a fugly rifle?

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T

[Linked Image]

Very true and a marginal design to boot.

The things that come to those that wait may be the things left by those who got there first.

Unk
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by George_De_Vries_3rd
The more Brian avoids answering all the questions about his culpability, and the more places he drags this schit show to, the more T/C's lawyers are going to love him.

And also, why are you, seemingly, so enthusiastic to be prosecutor, judge ,and executioner on so many threads?

Share one with me sometime and find out.

Trying to be none of the above; just a simple statement as to what Brian may have to look forward to.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Brian, what reloading mistake did you make (according to the jury) that caused them to rule that you were 40% at fault?

If you think we are going to wade through "1000s of pages" of documents from the court in some one-hourse town to find out, you're just a whining petulant …

So, why did the jury assign 40% fault to you? That question has been asked several times on several forums and you've yet to answer.

America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
U
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
U
It was a couple posts up: max PSI handloads in a very weak action type.

(I had an Encore in .454 once that would pop open, eject, and close again during recoil and not with +P ammo either).

I didn't keep it long....

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A

How did you determine that your loads were at max but not over?

RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
He was 60 percent sure they were SAAMI spec max

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
You have laws stating you have to hunt with a fugly rifle?

Jorge,

This is Iowa we're talking about. They don't allow real rifles. It would make better sense if you spend some time there, but that'd be meaner than hunting with a FUGLY gun.

re: The OP... A rifle that needs to be shimmed to maintain headspace after it's been shot some undetermined amount is a rifle that's defective by design. The shimming solution is not a solution, it's a means to avoid a recall which is a solution.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Let me see if I understand this situation.

A lousy 2,300 hits on this thread......and a total of four (4) instances of catastrophic failures and malfunctions with this rifle???

With the naysayers mouthing off about something that they have no details about..............when the jury did???

The level of combative ignorance displayed by some on this forum never ceases to amaze me.

I wouldn't shoot one of these to save my life. But I'd sure like to see 4ager and RWE do it.

Originally Posted by gunswizard
I witnessed an Encore catastrophic failure at my local shooting range. The gun came apart like a grenade, the scope hit she shooter in the head and knocked him out cold landing about 10yds. behind the firing point. The barrel flew about the same distance downrange, when the guy got to his feet he had a large schrapnel wound in his bicep and his buddies loaded him up and rushed him to the nearest E.R.. No details as to what caliber or load, he was definately shooting handloads. I had never witnessed a Kaboom till then and it was really scary as the schrapnel that lodged in his bicep could have wound up in his chest.

Originally Posted by bobhanson1
I had a .300 WM Encore rifle that was brand new from the factory that had 2/3 of the first Federal Classic factory loads separate just above the case head when fired, and the third had a nice line around the brass in the same spot. The gun didn't detonate like a grenade, or even open up for that matter, but gas did escape the sides of the action. I sent the barrel back to TC and they replaced it. Didn't have any issues with the replacement.

TC also had a recall for unhardened lugs that made it out of the factory that did lead to catastrophic failures regardless of the loads being used so that would be another possibility.

Originally Posted by UtahLefty

(I had an Encore in .454 once that would pop open, eject, and close again during recoil and not with +P ammo either).

Last edited by SBH; 05/22/15.

Confucius say: He who angers you.......controls you.

My Lifestance is one of Secular Humanism.

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by George_De_Vries_3rd

This ^^^^, in spades. Darn, i thought i was the only one who wondered if 4 suffered hemorrhoids.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by JoeBob
Originally Posted by Deerwhacker444
Actually, JoeBob didn't do it, it was the OP, but he still thinks TC is at fault...

Jeez, you still don't get it. I have no way of knowing if they were at fault or not. They might be. They might not be. I am simply saying that they don't get a free pass JUST because handloads were used.

This thread is Exhibit "A" as to why juries are often incapable of understanding the simplest legal issues.

This^^^. Has anyone asked the OP if the other handloads on hand at the time were examined and found to be within tolerance.

Also, whst is the likelyhood of a person loading too hot and in effect injuring himself and then pursuing a likely unwinnable lawsuit or of such a person being responsible for injuring himself and then spending as much time and effort in blaming an unresponsible party? Pretty slim, i think.

Last edited by eyeball; 05/22/15.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by SBH
Let me see if I understand this situation.

A lousy 2,300 hits on this thread......and a total of four (4) instances of catastrophic failures and malfunctions with this rifle???

With the naysayers mouthing off about something that they have no details about..............when the jury did???

The level of combative ignorance displayed by some on this forum never ceases to amaze me.

I wouldn't shoot one of these to save my life. But I'd sure like to see 4ager and RWE do it.

Originally Posted by gunswizard
I witnessed an Encore catastrophic failure at my local shooting range. The gun came apart like a grenade, the scope hit she shooter in the head and knocked him out cold landing about 10yds. behind the firing point. The barrel flew about the same distance downrange, when the guy got to his feet he had a large schrapnel wound in his bicep and his buddies loaded him up and rushed him to the nearest E.R.. No details as to what caliber or load, he was definately shooting handloads. I had never witnessed a Kaboom till then and it was really scary as the schrapnel that lodged in his bicep could have wound up in his chest.

Originally Posted by bobhanson1
I had a .300 WM Encore rifle that was brand new from the factory that had 2/3 of the first Federal Classic factory loads separate just above the case head when fired, and the third had a nice line around the brass in the same spot. The gun didn't detonate like a grenade, or even open up for that matter, but gas did escape the sides of the action. I sent the barrel back to TC and they replaced it. Didn't have any issues with the replacement.

TC also had a recall for unhardened lugs that made it out of the factory that did lead to catastrophic failures regardless of the loads being used so that would be another possibility.

Originally Posted by UtahLefty

FWIW, StupidBitchHysteria, I've owned, shot, and hunted an Encore in .300WM. It was my only center fire rifle for about four years. Never had an issue.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by eyeball
Originally Posted by JoeBob
Originally Posted by Deerwhacker444
Actually, JoeBob didn't do it, it was the OP, but he still thinks TC is at fault...

Jeez, you still don't get it. I have no way of knowing if they were at fault or not. They might be. They might not be. I am simply saying that they don't get a free pass JUST because handloads were used.

This thread is Exhibit "A" as to why juries are often incapable of understanding the simplest legal issues.

This^^^. Has anyone asked the OP if the other handloads on hand at the time were examined and found to be within tolerance.

Also, whst is the likelyhood of a person loading too hot and in effect injuring himself and then pursuing a likely unwinnable lawsuit or of such a person being responsible for injuring himself and then spending as much time and effort in blaming an unresponsible party? Pretty slim, i think.

You've obviously never worked much in civil law.

Page 6 of 26 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 25 26

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

570 members (10gaugeman, 17CalFan, 160user, 22magnut, 10ring1, 10gaugemag, 58 invisible), 2,489 guests, and 1,284 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,185
Posts18,484,797
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.