Page 7 of 26 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 25 26
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by eyeball
Originally Posted by George_De_Vries_3rd
Originally Posted by 4ager
The more Brian avoids answering all the questions about his culpability, and the more places he drags this schit show to, the more T/C's lawyers are going to love him.

Think "malicious misrepresentation of the facts", and go from there.

And also, why are you, seemingly, so enthusiastic to be prosecutor, judge ,and executioner on so many threads?

Are you also this way in person, around a campfire?

This ^^^^, in spades. Darn, i thought i was the only one who wondered if 4 suffered hemorrhoids.

And to think, in another thread you were happy to see VAnimrod posting again. It's truly amazing how stupid you are.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by SBH
Let me see if I understand this situation.

A lousy 2,300 hits on this thread......and a total of four (4) instances of catastrophic failures and malfunctions with this rifle???

With the naysayers mouthing off about something that they have no details about..............when the jury did???

The level of combative ignorance displayed by some on this forum never ceases to amaze me.

I wouldn't shoot one of these to save my life. But I'd sure like to see 4ager and RWE do it.

Originally Posted by gunswizard
I witnessed an Encore catastrophic failure at my local shooting range. The gun came apart like a grenade, the scope hit she shooter in the head and knocked him out cold landing about 10yds. behind the firing point. The barrel flew about the same distance downrange, when the guy got to his feet he had a large schrapnel wound in his bicep and his buddies loaded him up and rushed him to the nearest E.R.. No details as to what caliber or load, he was definately shooting handloads. I had never witnessed a Kaboom till then and it was really scary as the schrapnel that lodged in his bicep could have wound up in his chest.

Originally Posted by bobhanson1
I had a .300 WM Encore rifle that was brand new from the factory that had 2/3 of the first Federal Classic factory loads separate just above the case head when fired, and the third had a nice line around the brass in the same spot. The gun didn't detonate like a grenade, or even open up for that matter, but gas did escape the sides of the action. I sent the barrel back to TC and they replaced it. Didn't have any issues with the replacement.

TC also had a recall for unhardened lugs that made it out of the factory that did lead to catastrophic failures regardless of the loads being used so that would be another possibility.

Originally Posted by UtahLefty
It was a couple posts up: max PSI handloads in a very weak action type.

(I had an Encore in .454 once that would pop open, eject, and close again during recoil and not with +P ammo either).

I didn't keep it long....

FWIW, StupidBitchHysteria, I've owned, shot, and hunted an Encore in .300WM. It was my only center fire rifle for about four years. Never had an issue.

So then.......they are all without manufacturing errors? And you're ALWAYS correct and will guarantee this?

I wanna see you shoot one again in my presence......using my handloads. Would love to see your entire lower jaw get flung downrange a couple hundred feet.........and all 14 of your fingers scatter in the wind. Not to mention the look in your eyes afterward. I might even call the ambulance for you.

That's the only scenario that I can think of that will shut you and your big, fat, lunatic, bullying mouth up forever. grin

Confucius say: He who angers you.......controls you.

My Lifestance is one of Secular Humanism.

N
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
N
Originally Posted by AJ300MAG
Originally Posted by RWE
Well, I got to see the pdf, its really just the verdict and award.

Basically the Jury found TCA failed to design the rifle in such a way to take into account all foreseeable use and/or misuse and provide warning of same.

Did not find TCA grossly negligent, just didn't idiot proof their stuff.

And a 60/40 split on comparative negligence.

Would love to see the transcripts and expert data, but hey, embrace the truth....

Always been my contention, just when you think you built something that you believe is idiot proof... God creates a better idiot!

Now tell me, would that be a dumber idiot or a smarter idiot? grin

NRA Life,Endowment,Patron or Benefactor since '72.
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by SBH

A lousy 2,300 hits on this thread......and a total of four (4) instances of catastrophic failures and malfunctions with this rifle???

With the naysayers mouthing off about something that they have no details about..............when the jury did???

The level of combative ignorance displayed by some on this forum never ceases to amaze me.

I wouldn't shoot one of these to save my life. But I'd sure like to see 4ager and RWE do it.

I witnessed an Encore catastrophic failure at my local shooting range. The gun came apart like a grenade, the scope hit she shooter in the head and knocked him out cold landing about 10yds. behind the firing point. The barrel flew about the same distance downrange, when the guy got to his feet he had a large schrapnel wound in his bicep and his buddies loaded him up and rushed him to the nearest E.R.. No details as to what caliber or load, he was definately shooting handloads. I had never witnessed a Kaboom till then and it was really scary as the schrapnel that lodged in his bicep could have wound up in his chest.

I had a .300 WM Encore rifle that was brand new from the factory that had 2/3 of the first Federal Classic factory loads separate just above the case head when fired, and the third had a nice line around the brass in the same spot. The gun didn't detonate like a grenade, or even open up for that matter, but gas did escape the sides of the action. I sent the barrel back to TC and they replaced it. Didn't have any issues with the replacement.

TC also had a recall for unhardened lugs that made it out of the factory that did lead to catastrophic failures regardless of the loads being used so that would be another possibility.

(I had an Encore in .454 once that would pop open, eject, and close again during recoil and not with +P ammo either).

With this ignorant post you finally win. Ignore.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Who pressure tested his ammo, and how do we know it was the same ammo that went poof?

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
IC B2

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by rost495
Originally Posted by SBH

With this ignorant post you finally win. Ignore.

Just like the rest of the Hyena Pack here...........you can't stand disagreement.........particularly when it clashes with your sick, twisted, perverted beliefs. Crybaby pu$$y wuss.

And I'm absolutley crushed that you have me on ignore........

RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by SBH

Sounds like you are wishing harm on me.

You'll hear from my lawyer.

Freaking Douche.

Here's an sample of a better tact for this thread, as opposed to the selective dramatic recall.

someone admitting that they built a SxS 30-30 and had a pressure issue that manifested in a broken stock because they loaded a sammi spec round that was too high for the non-bushed-strikers of the shotgun action - presenting this as a service, rather than a multi-forum whine.

so, for my preferene I would have not been as snarky if:

1. a less melodramatic title was presented

2. something that addressed the shared negligence upfront would have been germaine and lend a little less "bitchiness" to the topic.

I think saying that the action is too fragile to handle near max reloads is telling enough without the drama.

But you know all about drama, don't you princess?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I am a member of The High Road. I read the 6 page judgement. It says nothing about why the gun came apart. There is a lot about the award but it is all redacted.
kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by RWE
Originally Posted by SBH

Sounds like you are wishing harm on me.

You'll hear from my lawyer.

Freaking Douche.

You can't afford one dickweed cuz you spend ALL DAY on this forum instead of working for a living.

Not to mention that I meant that you're too chickenschitt to fire an Encore after reading this. You're only tough with your typing fingers. By your own definition and posts here...........they are ALL perfectly functioning rifles.....correct? Why would harm come to you? Don't backpeddle here now..........bully, a$$hole.

E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
[Linked Image]

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC
Member New Mexico Shooting Sports Association

Take your responsibilities seriously, never yourself-Ken Howell

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
IC B3

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by Steelhead
Originally Posted by eyeball
Originally Posted by George_De_Vries_3rd
The more Brian avoids answering all the questions about his culpability, and the more places he drags this schit show to, the more T/C's lawyers are going to love him.

Think "malicious misrepresentation of the facts", and go from there.

And also, why are you, seemingly, so enthusiastic to be prosecutor, judge ,and executioner on so many threads?

Are you also this way in person, around a campfire?

This ^^^^, in spades. Darn, i thought i was the only one who wondered if 4 suffered hemorrhoids.

And to think, in another thread you were happy to see VAnimrod posting again. It's truly amazing how stupid you are.

Only lately has he become somewhat rough, though having a case of hemorrhoids is not like your case of being one. grin

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
SBH is funny...complaining about the bashing of people one minute and then doing a 180 the next. Classic "do as I say and not as I do."

Guess you haven't changed at all...sad.

Last edited by Jcubed; 05/22/15. Reason: stuff
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by kwg020
I am a member of The High Road. I read the 6 page judgement. It says nothing about why the gun came apart. There is a lot about the award but it is all redacted.
kwg

Define 'The High Road'?

Judgements don't go into details, Dude.

The jury heard all of the details by the defendant, plaintiff, expert witnesses, etc.

And the jury heard a lot more than is posted here. And the judgement was made by the jury per the American judicial system. You and other here WERE NOT jury members.

The OP owes none of you Hyena Pack Members any other info. He just made a simple post that was worth the read.

What more do you need to understand this?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by jorgeI
You have laws stating you have to hunt with a fugly rifle?

If you live in IA and want to hunt whitetails with other than stick 'n string, it's with a shotgun and slugs, a muzzle-loader, or handguns chambered for most of the straight walled cartridges.

While I have and do pursue them from time to time with a RRH in 45 Colt, I forsake the slug seasons for reasons both of self preservation and solitude--they are short seasons with a lot of truck hunters and "enthusiastic' shooting.

That leaves muzzle loaders, and because I'm not a traditional purist of any degree (though I admire it when I see it), that leaves the so aptly described charcoal burners.

Last edited by George_De_Vries_3rd; 05/22/15.
E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
[Linked Image]

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by SBH
Originally Posted by kwg020
kwg

Define 'The High Road'?

Did you not read the thread?

Originally Posted by Brian_Ward

the High road is another website where the judgement was posted.

I'm tempted to call you a simpleton, but your posts demonstrate that all too clear, without pointing it out

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by Jcubed
SBH is funny...complaining about the bashing of people one minute and then doing a 180 the next. Classic "do as I say and not as I do."

Guess you haven't changed at all...sad.

Jackoff Cubed,

Elkhunternm is trying to give you a hand................

I will put you on my stalker list and label you Stalker Jackoff.

E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
[Linked Image]

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC

Ken
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by SBH
Originally Posted by SBH

FWIW, StupidBitchHysteria, I've owned, shot, and hunted an Encore in .300WM. It was my only center fire rifle for about four years. Never had an issue.

So then.......they are all without manufacturing errors? And you're ALWAYS correct and will guarantee this?

I wanna see you shoot one again in my presence......using my handloads. Would love to see your entire lower jaw get flung downrange a couple hundred feet.........and all 14 of your fingers scatter in the wind. Not to mention the look in your eyes afterward. I might even call the ambulance for you.

That's the only scenario that I can think of that will shut you and your big, fat, lunatic, bullying mouth up forever. grin

I'd gladly shoot one again, if you stand in front of it.

Just because you're a moron and load a grenade doesn't make the manufacturer responsible for the fact that you father should have chased a swallow and not a stork.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by rost495
Who pressure tested his ammo, and how do we know it was the same ammo that went poof?

Don't bring up facts, Jeff. It'll just get panties in a knot.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
Page 7 of 26 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 25 26

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

583 members (1936M71, 10gaugemag, 1badf350, 12344mag, 01Foreman400, 16penny, 59 invisible), 2,533 guests, and 1,502 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,192
Posts18,484,986
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.