Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by ihookem
I can't remember how I did it but I saw it in menu under file or picture size. Cant remember. It takes less megabites to load the pic though so I assume it uses less megapixels.

I'm guessing what your talking about is in the menu where you can choose file size. It's under image size in my D5000. I have a choise of small, med and large. If that relate's to changing the the pixel's, I never realized it. Tell you what, I shoot everything in large file, I can downsize in a photo program. I don't know that you could take photo in small size and take it up though. The only reason I could see to use med or small is to get more photo space in your card, more shot's without filling the card. At the large file size my camera's save enough photo's that I can simply change out for a different card. Now I'm guessing here but I doubt the small file will print as big a photo as the large file will. If you wanted to print one of the photo's at high file size, no problem. But the print the same photo at say 16x20, couldn't do it and get a good photo. But no matter which size you use I would think that each file size would make good print's but nit all at the same size. I got a photo in a week or so ago to frame for a friend. The photo was re-sized to made it easier to load on the internet, it would have could out a small size. Best size I could get with it was 5x7. Take the same photo and do it in large size and generally it'll blow up to 13x19+. So if I,m getting what your saying about 4mp, small size, or 8mp,Med or large size, the only difference you should see is in the size of a print you can make.

GB1

I
ihookem Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
I
Ya that is it. I can also go to 14 mp. It takes so long to load it to Photobucket though and I can't tell a difference on the computer. I don't know for sure , but I doubt I can tell a difference with an 8x10" pic. Here is why. I had a little Kodak 630? and it was only 6mp. My so got a bear and I wanted to take some pics and I go mad at myself for not getting a camera with more mp for the occasion. When I got my 8x10 back I couldn't believe what a nice picture it was. No grain at all and very clear. I figure I was not giving 6mp enough credit. Now that I have a good lens I figure 6mp should always be enough. I am going with 8mp lately. Are we forgetting the beautiful pics we took with our little 6mp cameras. Sister has a Nikon D40. Takes very good pics but only 6mp.

But the fruits of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness,faithfulness, Gentleness and self control. Against such things there is no law. Galations 5: 22&23
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

668 members (12344mag, 10gaugemag, 10gaugeman, 160user, 007FJ, 16penny, 70 invisible), 3,300 guests, and 1,336 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,484
Posts18,471,837
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.